Just Kidding! - Xianghua General Strats

A_Bad_Idea

[09] Warrior
There wasn't a general strat thread, so I figured I'd start one off =O

I'm trying to develop a strategy for Xianghua that pressures the enemy into blocking low so I can catch them with WR :B: or :2::B:+:G: for some meaty throw combos, but I'm not sure if I'm using the right lows. I generally use :1::A: for a quick low or :3::A: for an advancing low (imitation Amy anyone?), and then I use WR :A:+:B::2::B:, FC :A:+:B: or FC :3::bB: to really make them afraid of Xianghua's lows, after which I go for the kill. Other notable mentions are :1::K: for a deceiving low, :8::K: to hop over enemies' lows and WR :(A):+:(B)::B: every so often to build up SXS charges and to mix up with the :2::B: that usually follows.

It's been moderately successful, so far. I have struggles with characters with MUCH faster low interrupts like Amy, the Sisters, or other short-range speed characters.

Anyone else have any Xianghua strats?

4K seems to work well after blocking various moves.
Even though it was nerfed, I still like to use 66K, and then either go into throw mixups or other assorted dirty things.
1BB is one of my favorite moves that can transition into SXS, which can lead into more annoying mixups.
Still like to use 66A+B to screw people over (Though I don't like to abuse it since it's high). Oh and 1B+K seems to work well for me too as a nice evasive move.

Getting a nice dose of AA in is still just as useful.

I like using :6::6::B::B: to deal Soul Gauge Damage and to get them used to the move so I can use :6::(B): . Hopefully I'll have SXS built to Heaven at the least so I can throw them.

If I know that my opponent uses AA a lot, I like using :4::4::A::A: and then going right into :1::A:+:B: which then hopefully stuns which leaves them open to :3::B: :6::6::B:+:K:

I whore out :4::4::B: a lot which I guess becomes my weakness since I become predictable. However, it works great initially after doing moves like :2::A: or :2::B: and a bunch of other moves, especially move that may put you at a small disadvantage.

I also find that :A:+:K: is useful when your opponent is on the ground. If the okemi you can hit them or force them to block with a bunch of moves such as WS:K:, FC:3::B:, :B:+:K: (and if they hit, all the better). Eventually, you may condition your opponent to side roll which then you can just do :2::K: which I find works quite well since usually I'd let them roll to the side and for some reason it'll be considered BT so Xianghua will do a BT :2::K: which will knock them back onto the ground. (Though I don't know if you're at disadvantage if they block it since that's never happened to me before.) From there I do WS:K:

Currently I'm trying to work :(3)::A: into my game since if :6::6::A: whiffs, it is punishable. :(3)::A: has pretty good distance, hits mid and stuns.

I like to use 2A+K (i think).....it's either that, or B+G. It's the one where she draws back, and ducks and does a spin kick. You can do the 2A+K twice in a row, and she'll do 2 little low spinning sweeps, or replace the 2nd one with just K, and she'll do a neat cartwheel that actually has quite some range, just in case you do the first little spinning sweep from a distance, and they come towards you.

Been trying to figure out more bating ideas with X, any ideas?

Also when someone gets a chance try this against the wall, 4K, 44A+B, B+G, its something I found out is possible

X has fast movement and good evasive moves so baiting for reactions is easy with her.
You've got SXS which is a stance made specifically for baiting.

Does anyone use the :aK::B: and :aK::K: mixups? I find that this move is quite useful as many players aren't used to or don't react quick enough to it, and also its got decent range to keep X right up in the opponent's face.

Anyone have any tips on fighting long range guys like Kilik, Seigfried, Nightmare? I seem to always get my ass handed to me by said group. : /

Does anyone use the :aK::B: and :aK::K: mixups? I find that this move is quite useful as many players aren't used to or don't react quick enough to it, and also its got decent range to keep X right up in the opponent's face.

No but i se 1kAAB/K and SXS mixups as okizeme.

Most decent players expect :A::K::B:, so if your playing someone decent start with :A::K::K:

Anyone have any tips on fighting long range guys like Kilik, Seigfried, Nightmare? I seem to always get my ass handed to me by said group. : /

Learn their basic tactics some moves that I found work against many of them is the 3 :A:, :K: low horizontal followed by a high kick. The first low hit freezes them and the second hit connects as a result of it. Many of them are just free swingers and don't defend well enough down low. 66 :B::B: is another good ranged strike for those that just poke from afar or just plays keep away all the time and if you got them thinking about it you can do the "just kidding" fake after the first B attack to set them up for other things as well. They kick my butt as well but I try to be more careful about sidestepping too much since they have such great range with their weapons and just try to time my moves better, I would duck some but their ranged mids are just as nasty so I can't depend on that either too much. I would rather attack them with my Astaroth most of the time but I will try to use X some to get her some work as well.

Nightmare and Seigfried - no easy shit here - you gotta figure out what's interruptable and what's punishable when they go into their stance shit - check out my vids in the video thread playing against KPC and KidDZaster, who both use Sigs.
These two characters can rush you, but when just about any character plays the distance game you can expect two things:
1. A long range horizontal to kill step (almost always a high)
2. A most likely longer range vertical
Most lows with these two on a distance are rather slow so u can block and punish with wsK. But those two options above can be negotiated with a 66B+K (tech crouches against first option) 33b or 22B (second option - 22B has a lot of range and can help against steppable verticals).
and when in close against Seigfried - look out for the 3B. Your AA can interrupt the knees on block

Kilik is a somewhat different story. While Seigfried and Nightmare can pressure you with stances up close, kilik is more of a long range character. From far away the same rules apply - look for slow lows, sweeping horizontals and long verticals and react accordingly.
A good strategy against kiliks is to intimidate them - back up yourself, and when they do the same, hoping that you come to them - that is when u start charging SXS. Trust me, after eating a few guard breaks even kilik players will want to keep it close.

Asura and WsB - watch out for those two. most kilik players telegraph their WSB so you can step around it. Asura is beaten by kicks, so rock it out with 3k and 66k

What do you guys do with your frame advantage with X. Like after blocking something thats safe, or after hitting with attacks thats leave you at + to keep the flow going. I like to do frame traps that if blocked leaves me safe to throw out a 44B, 2_8 5 B, 1B+K ect. Like 1K~66K_2A_4K stuff like that. But someone that always blocks after your frame advantage, and also breaks your grabs 90% of the time how do you pressure them? 44AA is big risk small reward IMO becus one its super slow i think 27 frames, also the 2nd hit can be ducked on reaction then your really in trouble. SXS 3 B is great but cant only rely on that plus that has to be setup and stocked up for.

Agressive players are easy to beat with X its the turtle that i have problems with cant really keep pressure, all her + frames on block attacks are really slow or easy to avoid, and her soul damaging moves either have 0 range, or very unsafe.

Ramdomness: Anyone notice how fast X goes into SXS after 33B cancel? Its extremly fast, faster than 1B cancel by far. Also after FC 3bB against edge or wall you can Low grab. Also if you ring out your enemy you can do A+K in SXS stock 4 times instead of 3, on the first round if you didnt use SXS at all, you can do A+K SXS into taunt (slaps her hips), then A+K into taunt again (Auto Gi taunt) for 4 stocks also. Make the most out of your win stock time :)

After 214 B+G 412 B Grab, 1B seems guaranteed making the grab 70 DMG instead of 60. Dont look escapable because it hits before they hit the ground.

Nightmare and Seigfried - no easy shit here - you gotta figure out what's interruptable and what's punishable when they go into their stance shit - check out my vids in the video thread playing against KPC and KidDZaster, who both use Sigs.
These two characters can rush you, but when just about any character plays the distance game you can expect two things:
1. A long range horizontal to kill step (almost always a high)
2. A most likely longer range vertical
Most lows with these two on a distance are rather slow so u can block and punish with wsK. But those two options above can be negotiated with a 66B+K (tech crouches against first option) 33b or 22B (second option - 22B has a lot of range and can help against steppable verticals).
and when in close against Seigfried - look out for the 3B. Your AA can interrupt the knees on block

Kilik is a somewhat different story. While Seigfried and Nightmare can pressure you with stances up close, kilik is more of a long range character. From far away the same rules apply - look for slow lows, sweeping horizontals and long verticals and react accordingly.
A good strategy against kiliks is to intimidate them - back up yourself, and when they do the same, hoping that you come to them - that is when u start charging SXS. Trust me, after eating a few guard breaks even kilik players will want to keep it close.

Asura and WsB - watch out for those two. most kilik players telegraph their WSB so you can step around it. Asura is beaten by kicks, so rock it out with 3k and 66k

I find using 4A+B to auto GI Asura to be better. It's easy since you don't really need to time it. I know for sure that you can auto GI the 2nd and 3rd hit.

Didn't know where I should post this, but here is what I found punishable against Amy. Let me know if someone finds an error or has additional punishment options. Will be doing Mitsu or Ivy next.

4A - (sidesteps with a mid swipe)

i17 and below, good place for 214B depending on range.

1A - (looks similar to X's 3A)

Free FC3B, WSA to SXS, 6B, 6K, WSK

6BBB - (3 straight pokes)

Auto Gi on third B with 4A+B, also punishable by 4K with 3B ender.

3B - (the beginning of her mid to low that everyone abuses)

-15 on block, BB punishable but 2B is a good option. Will jump the A if they decide to use it. Safe on block and +2 on hit.

1B - (standing foot poke)

punish with 4k, 6K, 6B or WSK

FC3B - (Crouching mid)

Must punish with 6B due to push back, carefull at tip range 6B will wiff.

FC1B - (low poke)

Punish with WSK, 6B, or 6K. Long poke so range can be an issue here.

8B - (jumping slash)

use 6B due to range, 6K will work if close.

4KK - (2 roundhouse kicks high/mid)

Use 6B due to range/pushback issues, 6K will work if close.

WSK - (rising leg vertical kick)

AA punishable. Has pushback but still seems to hit all the time. 6B will hit but AA is more damaging.

8A+B - (twisting jump slash)

Force crouch, use 6K or 6B.

2B+K - (Kneeling toe stab, you see this a lot online)

WSK as there is a small TC after move, but that also means free low grab!

4B+KB - (fast multi stab, commonly seen online)

-16 on block, but you can step the last B and iFC3B. ***You must step towards her none sword hand.***

FCA+B - (2 swiping mids performed in crouch)

3B due to TC, free low grab if close.

44B - (like X's 44B)

6B if close, range is dangerous here.

4K - (standing kick to face)

AA

66B+K - (jumping forward poke)
-20 but major pushback, also has an option for Amy's spinning TC similar to X's A+K. 66B+K will kill all these options.

236A - (TC spin to jumping 2 hit spin)

-21 but TC's use 3B or 66B+K.

236BB - (TC spin to twirling sword attack with poke on the end)

Can auto last B with 4A+B or AA, 6B, 4K for punish

236KK - (TC spin to jumping 2 spin kicks. Most do this on a grounded opponant.)

Forces crouch, use 4K,6K, 6B, or WSK

BPA - (spinning auto GI to X looking 44B)

If your quick enough dash grab will give free side grab. Can be ducked, probably better off doing BB or 4K.

Didn't know where I should post this, but here is what I found punishable against Amy. Let me know if someone finds an error or has additional punishment options. Will be doing Mitsu or Ivy next.

4A - (sidesteps with a mid swipe)

i17 and below, good place for 214B depending on range.

1A - (looks similar to X's 3A)

Free FC3B, WSA to SXS, 6B, 6K, WSK

6BBB - (3 straight pokes)

Auto Gi on third B with 4A+B, also punishable by 4K with 3B ender.

3B - (the beginning of her mid to low that everyone abuses)

-15 on block, BB punishable but 2B is a good option. Will jump the A if they decide to use it. Safe on block and +2 on hit.

1B - (standing foot poke)

punish with 4k, 6K, 6B or WSK

FC3B - (Crouching mid)

Must punish with 6B due to push back, carefull at tip range 6B will wiff.

FC1B - (low poke)

Punish with WSK, 6B, or 6K. Long poke so range can be an issue here.

8B - (jumping slash)

use 6B due to range, 6K will work if close.

4KK - (2 roundhouse kicks high/mid)

Use 6B due to range/pushback issues, 6K will work if close.

WSK - (rising leg vertical kick)

AA punishable. Has pushback but still seems to hit all the time. 6B will hit but AA is more damaging.

8A+B - (twisting jump slash)

Force crouch, use 6K or 6B.

2B+K - (Kneeling toe stab, you see this a lot online)

WSK as there is a small TC after move, but that also means free low grab!

4B+KB - (fast multi stab, commonly seen online)

-16 on block, but you can step the last B and iFC3B. ***You must step towards her none sword hand.***

FCA+B - (2 swiping mids performed in crouch)

3B due to TC, free low grab if close.

44B - (like X's 44B)

6B if close, range is dangerous here.

4K - (standing kick to face)

AA

66B+K - (jumping forward poke)
-20 but major pushback, also has an option for Amy's spinning TC similar to X's A+K. 66B+K will kill all these options.

236A - (TC spin to jumping 2 hit spin)

-21 but TC's use 3B or 66B+K.

236BB - (TC spin to twirling sword attack with poke on the end)

Can auto last B with 4A+B or AA, 6B, 4K for punish

236KK - (TC spin to jumping 2 spin kicks. Most do this on a grounded opponant.)

Forces crouch, use 4K,6K, 6B, or WSK

BPA - (spinning auto GI to X looking 44B)

If your quick enough dash grab will give free side grab. Can be ducked, probably better off doing BB or 4K.

I think you can start a new thread, like "Anti-Amy Strategy" Thread. Actually, I'll just copy and paste this over for you.

I just tried out 11_77A today and I think I'll add it to my arsenal! =D A stepping horizontal mid that does double-over stun on CH makes an awesome step punisher that sets up for crouch throw goodness! The only downside is that the startup is pretty slow, but that's where you start fishing for CH hits =D

I think I just discovered a wonderful tech trap for you guys to try out.

:2::2:_:8::8::K:, :6::6:, :2::B::+::G:

Catches techs from ALL sides, but the difficulty differs on a few sides. Front and Right tech = you roll right into her hands. Back and Left tech = a little tricky, then can slip away sometimes. It even works on CH!

I wanna make a video to demonstrate this when I have some free time. I'd like to hear some feedback on how this works out.

Back