Just saw the March 21st patch notes....:(

Empty Sky - Dude I used Leixia because the other char besides mitsu are fucking blessed by gods so they are like Hercules strong...there's 2 ninjas that are like from the fucking leaf village...there's the strongest golem in the world Asta....then there's a guy with a demon behind him....bottom line besides leixia and Mitsu and xiba and ok maxi are at least fighting with real ftg styles not BS powers!!

? How does aesthetics affect character viability? Having a demon behind you doesn't make you a God. I don't think Mitsu's as bad as he was in 4. But I could be wrong. Fairly certain he's able to be dealt with if you play smart.

And what does using a "real" fighting style have to do with this? It's a fighting game. Pretty sure no fighting style on earth allows you to quake like Leixia.

Anyway, my point was that if you feel Leixia was fucked too badly to be usable, pick up a replacement for the time being until the next patch. If she's not fun for you then there's no reason to play her aside from loyalty, and as 90% of men know, loyalty is overrated. /notallcheatersimgeneralizingagain

Already read and I don't agree...also dude quake is some extra shit but leixia and xianghua have always been pretty normal which is what I like SC originally didn't have too many gimmick char....I don't play gimmick char and im not really picking another char cause their may never beanother patch....im walking off the stage

people just need to get acquainted with the new patch. everyone's crying about this and that instead of reading hates's page (http://8wayrun.com/threads/hate-speech-patch-note-apocalypse.12349/) and realizing what it's fixing. so what that maxi doesn't hit like a freight train anymore or that natsu take a chill pill and slow down a notch? it's all been done to improve the quality of the game and solve balancing issues.

And most of the changes made to Leixia were unnecessary. Her WR B BE thing could have used a nerf I guess, and the double CE thing could potentially be stupid, but nerfing all the things they did was ridiculous. I already read it and I agree, but injustices do exist with this update.

And these, gentlemen, are classic examples of first world problems. We're here raging at namco for ruining our video game character while some kid somewhere is debating on either starving or eating his dead mother's ear to live another few hours.
Proud to be an American~ notrly
Just find it funny.

edit: -insert quote and explanation of my laziness to actually quote it- This conversation is beyond pointless, but I brought up quake because I thought you said something about her using a real life fighting style. "have always been pretty normal" I think the same thing when I see some asian chick sending out shockwaves. Lol Leixia is a very gimmicky character. Telegraphed feints anyone? But ya there will be another patch. <_< There will be an outcry of the inhumanity for this one and namco will go all "ok ok stop freikin crying i'll fix your damn characters." after which everyone will be restored to a point above their former glory, the game will be so broken that the minute you boot it up your xbox will crack in half, and we'll all complain some more about how stupid their balancing decisions were when, in fact, we begged for them. /speculation

And these, gentlemen, are classic examples of first world problems. We're here raging at namco for ruining our video game character while some kid somewhere is debating on either starving or eating his dead mother's ear to live another few hours.

Why don't you do something about it? Why don't you go study science, find a way to produce more nutritious, more plentiful food?

Or better yet, why don't you go slap Greenpeace to death so they don't convince African leaders to boycott the nutritious and plentiful GM-foods that we've developed?

Damn hippies.

at least you HAVE your character! where my Talim at?!

anyways, people just have to endure this patch until another one comes along and fucks your playstyle all over again. to be honest, i think people just don't want to relearn their character all over again. all people want is for their character to have the most buffs while everyone gets the tira-nerf.

at least you HAVE your character! where my Talim at?!

anyways, people just have to endure this patch until another one comes along and fucks your playstyle all over again. to be honest, i think people just don't want to relearn their character all over again. all people want is for their character to have the most buffs while everyone gets the tira-nerf.

Shut up. That has NOTHING to do with it. She ALREADY did the least damage in the game, INCLUDING Viola. The POINT is BALANCE. What you think is wrong. Leixia is gimmicky, easy to counter, and yet people whined about her being overpowered because they didn't know the fundamentals of the game. Give me a break. Sorry about your Talim, but that has nothing to do with this, balance is still balance, and this nerf was beyond unnecessary.

sure, individually characters have taken huge hits but how does it all fare when it's all put together? that is, how do all the changes add up in an actual match? since i really know only 1 character (maxi) i'm not sure how the changes to everybody will impact a fight.

for maxi, most of the stuff was just a few small damage changes. so i don't really have to alter too much after this, i think i'm just lacking the perspective of knowing other characters to really understand what's going on here.

@krelian- It's funny how you are complaining about all the gimmick moves you can't get away with anymore...you make it sound like she sooo bad now, yet you haven't really gave her a chance. So what, you have to actually think more when using her now, versus playing her on AUTO PILOT... lol I have to agree with Bibulus she is still has potential/ various ways to be played along with OTHER MOVES(cough cough) u could be using...Sounds like someone has been exposed!!! hahahaha you say soon mlg will be full of the greeks, nightmares, ect..but I didn't here you say anything about the 3 or 4 LEIXIAS AT FINAL ROUND LMBO! smh.... If you quit her now..it just shows you depended on the character not ur own skill as mentioned by Alexqd3. Just focus on finding new ways to play her...see what works n what doesn't and go from there... peace

Shut up. That has NOTHING to do with it. She ALREADY did the least damage in the game, INCLUDING Viola. The POINT is BALANCE. What you think is wrong. Leixia is gimmicky, easy to counter, and yet people whined about her being overpowered because they didn't know the fundamentals of the game. Give me a break. Sorry about your Talim, but that has nothing to do with this, balance is still balance, and this nerf was beyond unnecessary.

Not saying Leixia wasnt overnerfed, she was... but anyone who thinks Leixia was a bad character or a low mid tier character really hasn't been paying attention, maybe she wouldve dropped to high mid given time... but she was overplayed(almost as much as xiba and natsu) and it was because she was definitely good. Definitely not deserving a nerf as severe as she got, but every overplayed character got hit hard(except maybe nightmare and Siegfried)... and most Leixia's I know are mostly cool with the nerfs and they are going to continue playing the game with her... Hey at least you didnt lose moves xD... Natsu lost FC A+B(As in it serves 0 function now)... which was fairly important to her.... (not saying she was overnerfed or anything... just kinda sad) Basically, the game is STILL fun, your character got treated a little unfairly... but unless you were ONLY playing SCV because Leixia was a strong character, I think you can live. And if you were ONLY playing SCV cause Leixia was a strong character, then you have really weird reasons for playing a game.

I feel that, she was mostly strong because she was safe, and fast. It's because she has the greatest upside for defensive play, which, at tournaments, is extremely prominent. She is VERY good with good defense, but only with superb defense. I'm very upset. I came to the game to play Natsu, because I played Taki, couldn't get her flow down, found my new favorite, Leixia, started playing Xianghua in 4 because of how much I liked the Xia style...

@krelian- It's funny how you are complaining about all the gimmick moves you can't get away with anymore...you make it sound like she sooo bad now, yet you haven't really gave her a chance. So what, you have to actually think more when using her now, versus playing her on AUTO PILOT... lol I have to agree with Bibulus she is still has potential/ various ways to be played along with OTHER MOVES(cough cough) u could be using...Sounds like someone has been exposed!!! hahahaha you say soon mlg will be full of the greeks, nightmares, ect..but I didn't here you say anything about the 3 or 4 LEIXIAS AT FINAL ROUND LMBO! smh.... If you quit her now..it just shows you depended on the character not ur own skill as mentioned by Alexqd3. Just focus on finding new ways to play her...see what works n what doesn't and go from there... peace

Are you SERIOUS? Dude, there is nothing wrong with reverse mixup. Throw out a horizontal sometimes. Jesus, man.

Edit: And there goes my Aggro Leixia style. That's what the really nerfed, and that's the way I play the game. Now I gotta play this poke shit. FML.

* 22_88K is now pretty bad. Does she even have advantage on hit anymore or is it a free mix-up for the opponent on hit?
* I thought the patch notes said 44A was supposed to have slower startup? I swear it's faster now!
* Damage scaling for 3B into CE is insane. It does 77 damage when CE alone does 76. What was the old combo like again?
* Does 6KK have more pushback now on hit?

Someone said that these were changes that Namco was going to do before the game even went out and they just didn't have time, and that makes sense because a lot of her changes don't. However, I've played about 20 minutes of the patch so far, and she's without a doubt worse but it's not that bad, I don't think. At least we only have a couple months - imagine the poor Seong Mi-na players who had to wait a couple years, and then their character didn't even exist anymore in the current game!

Some notes after a training room session:
22_88K: How am I supposed to troll noobs who don't know how to techroll?
6KK: I don't like that I can't throw after this anymore.
The CE buff is nice.
I won't be doing WR bBE BT B+K CE anymore. There are very few cases that would justify using all that meter for so little damage.

Overall this will change how I play Leixia, but I'll learn more when I actually give her a try in some matches.

Playing her on auto pilot? Lolwtf? I'll hate myself for saying this, but you sound mad salty bro. A Leixia keep fucking you up online or something? It has nothing to do with playing on "auto pilot", it's that options that I utilized have been taken away for seemingly no reason. If you play her on auto pilot, you'll get wasted by a good player I'm pretty sure. And the rampant misuse of elipses reminds me of my illiterate mother. The game is also early in development and thus saying she's broke because a few Leixias were good enough to make it to finals is excessive. Pretty sure Nightmares are making it to finals too, you gonna nerf him badly next? Better yet, any character who wins a tournament should get a mandatory 10 extra frames of disadvantage on block for every move. And how many of those Leixia players do you think were playing on auto pilot? <_< Probably none.

I miss Talim too but that's kind of irrelevant to the balance patch. @_@

If 44A is faster then I might be able to employ it now.

Why don't you do something about it? Why don't you go study science, find a way to produce more nutritious, more plentiful food?

Or better yet, why don't you go slap Greenpeace to death so they don't convince African leaders to boycott the nutritious and plentiful GM-foods that we've developed?

Damn hippies.

I feel like a "calm down it was a joke" wouldn't be adequate <_>

I have some good news.

As we now know, WR B BE has a terrible scaling, so it only does 59dmg with the standard combo. But this is only valid if you hit a normal standing opponent.
Normally, so in 99%, you hit someone with WR B BE because they whiff. And in this case, WR B BE does NOT get scaled as bad as if you hit a normal standing opponent.
For example, you can evade Pyrrha's second hit of her 66B BE with WR B BE and it will do 76dmg with the full combo. So only 7 points less compared to pre-patch.

That means that in 99% you get the same combo and everthing only with 7 points less damage.

And it still aGI's everything that it aGI'ed before, so it still beats horizontal s-lows (2A) and mids.

Somebody else test 44A. I swear it's faster on startup now instead of slower, as claimed by Namco Bandai's patch notes.

Also, what the Hell are Leixia's options after 6KK on hit? Nothing? An assortment of highs and mids?

Mr. Prodigies Gripes about Leixia.....First you play Astaroth and your upset cause when ever you did bullrush and I was rising I would do WRB BE....and Leixia would end up behind astaroth....DUH HES MOVING FORWARD! It sidestep very far and its been in the game since SC1. You can't play leixia on autopilot I just used constant safe moves that gave me advantage...., all you need was one stupid ass hit and most of my life was gone...everyone knows leixias attack rate, and Prodigy plays me offline...and were like 2 of the best players in St.Louis...its not that im relying on leixia its just she's the only character I want to play in SC and yeah leixia won by pokes and evasion what do you want her to win with!!!

Somebody else test 44A. I swear it's faster on startup now instead of slower, as claimed by Namco Bandai's patch notes.

Also, what the Hell are Leixia's options after 6KK on hit? Nothing? An assortment of highs and mids?

it's slower i think, all tech traps i know with this move are gone....

F.E: FC3Bb (44 {A} tech)

CH 8b+k , b+k, (44 {A} tech)

Her options after 6kk =>, WR a+b or 2k i supose ... sorry i onle test 5 minutes the patch and the first i did was check for (44 {A} tech) ..

Back