[Kansas City] Area Soul Cali and Useless Banter

Chachi

[08] Mercenary
Since caliburforum is being dumb, I decided to make a thread here in hopes of inciting some SC discussion among KC area players.

If you posted on CF or TZ you know where the hookups are, but if you don't, they're usually at Axiom's place on Friday nights. If he shows up on here you can PM him for info on how to get there.

Most of us are novice-level SC players but hope to become stronger through weekly casuals and monthly local tournies. We may bore you to tears, but we'll get you out at a decent hour.

Kansas City Area Soul Cali and Useless Banter

A decent hour you say!? If I had my way we just play Soul Cal all night. But anyway KC needs more Soul Cal rep! We gotta another tournament here in the works so keep a look out for that (And plus it'll be better than any of that SB3 crap)!

This may be the closest thing I have going for me. I literally don't think anyone plays SC in the St.Louis area.

Clint- what did you think I meant by decent hour? Hope you and Le had fun at your otakufest.

Lol, Drew.

I haven't been playing too much SC lately, but I'm still ok with Amy, at least. I suppose I will be playing a bit this weekend. I'd like to play in the tournament at E, so we'll see how that goes.

STL - You're welcome to come to our hookups. Normally, when we're not going out of town, we do them on Friday afternoons-evenings, or Sunday afternoons.

Sundays would probably be the best days for me. Do you guys play online at all?

Novice players, that's what I'm talking about. Some good novice casuals. That's why I like playing my boys in Lawrence. My wife headed out that way this week. I couldn't go because we have finals at the school I work at. So maybe spring or something.

Kinda quiet round these parts.....Thurge I play online a bit, haven't played on the ps3 much cause I had my ps3 stick modded by Godspu. Now I got it back and all I'm waitin on is a digital cable to come in so I'll have audio on my ps3. Should get it within the next couple of days.

Well if you ever feel like playin a game online im on most weekday nights after 9pm. Hit me up if ure bored.

If it's on a Sat. or Sun. I would be down as I work week nights. Would also be able to bring my brother with me.

Both days are what works best for me and I'm still figuring out the date so anyone interested just tell me what day you are good for. Everybody is welcomed, the more the merrier!

Alright guys, this Saturday I'm free for hosting. If anybody would like to come, shoot me a pm and I'll give you directions to my house.

Ugh, I got plans this Sat. I won't be able to make it. :(

Oh btw, as of right now, my brother and I are planning on driving down to Mustang, OK on Jan. 24 for the Plasma Burn tourney. If anyone wants to go, I got room for 2.

[Kansas City] Area Soul Cali and Useless Bante

Sorry for the late reply, I have been playing Guilty Gear, Tekken, and more recently, SFIV so much I kinda dropped caliber. :[

Although, just to keep the inter community gaming experiences fresh, and give people opportunities to play games they don't normally play, I'm hosting another Dose tournament sometime next month with the titles :
SFIV (Feature)
SC4
T5DR
GG Accent Core

And these are the games I'd play at my hookups as well. Unfortunately, Soul's appeal has worn for our crew, and we couldn't stick it out for the long haul. We do have a couple players who like that game best, and if you guys came when they showed up as well, we would play that at our Friday night hookups.

I'm fairly new to 8WR and just discovered this thread. Awesome that we have some KC players! Curious if there have been any videos or pictures of any of the events / hookups. Would be fun to peer at.

No vids yet but we got a tournament in KC coming up soon I'm about to post up the info for it in a bit. You guys need to come on down & rep SCIV we got people talkin shit on us & we need to tell them all where to stick it! But if anyone wants to do some casuals we need to get together sometimes it'd be nice to meet and play with some new people.

Here is the Link to our tournament thread: MAX OUT tournament thread. The scene in KC for Calibur may be weak, but it's not dead. Especially not with Clint (Raiderwarlord) advocating it so passionately. People can thank him for it being included in our tournament roster. There are also a few people here who would definitely enter a SCIV tournament were there interest for it.

Let us know, so we can make sure to have enough setups. Pre-register on that thread. Thank you!!

Back