[Kansas City] Area Soul Cali and Useless Banter

Wow. Last post here was nearly three years ago. I don't think Missouri really needs separate threads for KC, STL, Springfield etc... Especially considering the inactivity here. I'm from KC and figured I'd just pop in and say "HI".

I'll be moving to the area in like a month. Does anyone play 'round these parts anymore? Is there an arcade in the area that's decent by chance?? Probably not is my guess, but I can hope. Good offline play is always needed.

I'll be moving to the area in like a month. Does anyone play 'round these parts anymore? Is there an arcade in the area that's decent by chance?? Probably not is my guess, but I can hope. Good offline play is always needed.
Maybe at a local Game Stop. There's alway the option of organizing one.

Oh yeah, I know where Raytown is, my wife is from Lee's Summit, her grandparents used to live there. I think we are going to end up in somewhere in the kc city limits, like in Westport or something close to the Kansas side, but still in MO.

Westport's still pretty cool. Best bars in town. Most variety of race and socio-economic class in the area too. I'd move there if I had the dough.

Yo you guys a developing scene that's good. Nebraska is in the same boat and we have a tourney coming up if your interested?

Yo you guys a developing scene that's good. Nebraska is in the same boat and we have a tourney coming up if your interested?
We need to organize. I've never actually met a local in person or on here. BigJ is a soon to be local person but yeah...we need to get it together.

A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games. It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as Soul Calibur V, Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, King of Fighters XIII, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls. For more information, visit the official thread here (http://8wayrun.com/threads/aug-25-2...-the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.14132/) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.

^Cool, thx for the heads up!
No prob man. Thanks for the interest. There should already be a Kansas City crew coming in for Street Fighter or Marvel or something. I don't know if y'all all know each other or anything (the entire fighting game scene in Arkansas is united) but people who are interested in going can probably get a carpool together or something.

Yo yo! im from Olathe but i dont know where to find a Local FGC is in Olathe so any help to find one would be awesome!!!
~Stay Godlike!~

If any of you still play you could always go to Maxout in KC every month and get a setup going. If there are more than like 6-8 there they'll run a tournament for you. I'll even come out from Lincoln.

Otherwise, worst case scenario for you KC heads you could come up here to Lincoln for casuals. It's not a bad drive for some places... even KC is only like 3 hours :) haha.

Last edited:
If anyone is still active on this thread. I'm in the Joplin, Mo area. We have a VintageStock here that would probably be more than happy to host. If anyone is interested in could get details!

Back