Kilik Matchups/General Chat Topic

I'm relatively sure the combo is guaranteed, it's just a matter of doing 6AAA as soon as possible and not hesitating. Its one of combos shown in the game itself it'd be pretty dumb if it wasn't guaranteed.

i thought it was guaranteed as well but i read a post by Something Unique that there was no guaranteed combos off of Monument stance. just for reference the guy that shook the stun was playing against Kura with Raphael. as good as Kura timing is its hard to think he would be late on 6aaa after 46b.

its not really a secret way its just really retarded but if you can get your fingers comfortable with it its super easy i posted how to do it in the GB thread.

Maverick

I checked out the video you were talking about and actually it was Kura playing Raphael. And although looking at it it seems done on time I think it came out 1 frame late. I tried quite a number of times in training mode and couldn't break the stun, then I had the AI do it ever so slightly late and I was able to break the stun. That's what I think it was.

For iFOTD what I find works best although I still screw up in live matches a lot is either doing i41236:A+G 41236B, or 236:[A+G] 46A 41236B. The first method is just like Astaroth's JF throws but backwards, where you have to get the A+G at the same exact time as the 6. For the second one I press 236 then I hold A+G(A+G and 6 at the same time), then press 46(while still holding A+G), then I release A+G and press A(immediately after 46). I hold the A+G because I think it allows me a little extra time to do the 46A or maybe it's just in my head. If you can get that down the 41236 B is easy, it doesn't require a fast input. I find the second method easier but I figured I'd mention both.

thanks for the tips. both Kilik stance throws are easy to buffer while guarding and really catch people off guard not expecting it. a couple of nice little setups i've been using lately is 66k k iFotd asura. it catches alot of people waiting for the last b of the kick combo. also 22a b, if you do just this move and not use the low extension of it then towards the later rounds its easy to catch them with 22a iFotd asura.

Maverick

Sorry just noticed your post. A+B is not shakable. If you do A+B then 46B then your oponent can shake the stun. If you land A+B you can do 66B twice most of the time, sometimes if your at a weird angle or just did it late you only get one.

PANDA

I find BP K useful actually. The entire BP is a good mix up. BP B as you might know gives you a free 3kB and BP A is nice low with good range. When you occasionally throw out BP K your oponent will sometimes assume BP A is coming and duck or attempt a GI and time it wrong since they are looking for the lightning start up of BP B. Still it's not good to spam it cause it can get punished.

thanks for the tips Dman. on a side note both Kilik stances can be delayed for a good amount of time which comes in handy in your mixups. the only stance move i don't really use that much is Monument K. i always use Monument A instead as it lead to bigger damage with the 46b 6aaa followup.

BP A is great for people who like to roll around on the ground.

I dont really use MO K that much either but it has it's uses. It's 0 on block so you can follow it with 46B as a nice little frame trap, it usually counter hits(which gives 6AAA) cause people will try to follow with something assuming they are at advantage. Some players have seen this a lot or adapt to it quickly so you can also use it as a mix up situation where they block the MO K and expect the 46B so they duck or go for something faster than i13, but instead just block after the MO K see how they tend to react and figure out how you want to punish them. Either hit them with a mid if they tend to duck or go for Asura if the tend to use a mid weapon move. But also if you consistently dont do anything after MO K they may assume it's safe and try something and you go to suprise them with 46B again.

BP Mixup in a Nutshell.

BP A makes them duck.
BP K makes them afraid to duck.
BP B punishes them for thinking about it.

MO A is easily Re-GIed on reaction. (Re-GIing the MO)
MO K IIRC Requires JI.

MO K into 6B+K or MO K into 2A+K techtrap = Epic win. Use it.

Not only are MO and BP moves super delayable, so is Step B...
Step B is good... if you don't believe being able to delay it is a good thing, try using Xianghua for a bit for inspiration.

There is another conditional combo for MO A.. but I suck at doing it too much to test it... It might not even be conditonal. I just suck.

thanks for the info on MO K Shen. i will be applying that to my game real soon. as for step B, i love this move with the tech crouch to duck right under highs.

i looked wiki at frame data and didn't see the imp frames for MO A.anyone know the frames? it seems to be about the same as Fotd but wanted to make sure. between his MO A and his delayed command throws its a nice little mix up

so....new to this game, i picked this character cuz he had a bo.....turned out he's actually a pretty good character. Still need adjustment from 2d fighters to this. But i was wondering what kind of strategies to use, what attacks to abuse/use cautiously. try to keep it pretty basic please, and also try not to use too much lingo unless you explain it. It seems like kilik really uses his reach as an advantage over others. But what do you do in smaller stages? I find myself too slow to attack when i'm in the small stages with no walls, or even the ones with walls. just don't know what to do. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

so....new to this game, i picked this character cuz he had a bo.....turned out he's actually a pretty good character. Still need adjustment from 2d fighters to this. But i was wondering what kind of strategies to use, what attacks to abuse/use cautiously. try to keep it pretty basic please, and also try not to use too much lingo unless you explain it. It seems like kilik really uses his reach as an advantage over others. But what do you do in smaller stages? I find myself too slow to attack when i'm in the small stages with no walls, or even the ones with walls. just don't know what to do. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

everything you need is in Kilik Soul Arena. from combo's to frame data

Mavericks is right, nearly everything has already been said about kilik's basics and combos. There is in those threads almost 2 years knowledge about this character.

futilesilencer said:
It seems like kilik really uses his reach as an advantage over others.

Not that much in fact. That's exactly what I was thinking the first time I was playing Kilik. However he's at his best in medium/close range where he can use his Asura Dance, 66B, 22A, FotD and mix with his strong lows like 2A or 1_3A+B. You can still zone a little bit but, as you said, his long range moves are slow and easily steppable/guardable. 44B, 11A and 66A are some of his best long range moves but you will quickly see their limits. Imho FC 3B is the most useful long range Kilik's move...

Anyone have 3KB as a big part of their game? I know it can be stepped but its safe and knockdowns on NC.

I actually really like 3kB lately. The knockdown is great but for me I like that it pushes your opponent back when they block. Helps when someone is really in your face, if you can get them to block it it gives a lot of breathing room.

I've been using alot of 6b8 and 6b2. both these moves are very good actually. loving how fast 6b8 is and on hit your +1, plus its safe at -9 on block.
6b2 is a move that dont look like much but you really should be using it. its completely safe low that does good damage and seems to hit alot for some reason. try it you'll like it
1_3B+K is another move that seems to hit regularly. you can never have enough safe lows with tricky animations :D
also remember to use iFC A+B for those predictable highs. i've been doing this lately and its great damage then you add on the asura tech trap afterwards = PAIN

The best thing about the pool stick or 3KB is the range, aside from the fact it rings out, no one really expects the B to hit when the K misses.

Back