Kilik Matchups/General Chat Topic

4B+K will beat them for once they come down from their attack, and 7/8/9 B is the answer to damn everything in calibur (overstatement, i just love the move), just nobody uses it anywhere near as much as me. most air shit u just step and punish though.

Hahaha! Its funny how I use that move for evasive properties but never thought to use this move in this one particular situation.

Good stuff SL!

I like to look for any excuse to use 9B, it jumps lows, jumps alot of mids, knocks a motha fucker outta the air, has long range, and has super good recovery on block. sometimes I do it when I know opponent will block it, just so I can fuck them up for trying to hit or grab me after I do it. u can step it but it's not that easy to punish if used right, cause it recovers so fast. If you get hit when u try and do it, u usually don't take much damage.

Is 1B Shakeable? because so far no one I've played with seems to shake it.

Also for some reason I can do FoTD like 80% but I can only do the Asura dance like 25%, something is wrong with me, :[

Finally FoTD and Asura (Normal) to a good consistency. About 75% for FoTD and 90% for Asura :D. Using the whole 2364A+G6, 41236B.

Just wondering if any Kiliks fancy giving me a match, see where I can improve and stuff. Most of what I do seems to be tech-traps and wall combo's xD.

So yeh if Anyone on XBL wants to give me a Game, send me a friend request ;)

Finally FoTD and Asura (Normal) to a good consistency. About 75% for FoTD and 90% for Asura :D. Using the whole 2364A+G6, 41236B.

Just wondering if any Kiliks fancy giving me a match, see where I can improve and stuff. Most of what I do seems to be tech-traps and wall combo's xD.

i can do FoTD into GB asura

Same here, i.e. I finally learned to do FOTD (both of them). The method I use is:

236, 4A+G6AA(A), 41236B

My success rate is not nearly as good as yours though. In practice mode I can do it maybe 1 out of 5 times, while online I've only done it once so far, but I am improving. I use the Analog stick for all movements, that seemed to help a lot. I can do Asura Dance pretty consistently, and a couple of times I even did FOTD into Asura.

Just put a bit of effort into Training Mode and you should be able to pull off FOTD -> Asura with 100% consistency.
Its not hard at all........

Just put a bit of effort into Training Mode and you should be able to pull off FOTD -> Asura with 100% consistency.
Its not hard at all........

Truth.

FOTD into GB Asura is a different story altogether. I'm still not even close to getting that thing down pat, or just GB Asura.

I had a match online with Kenosha 1986 today. He is proof that record and rankings mean nothing. He owned me with Mitsu (hard for me to stop Mitsu lows) and then we had a Kilik mirror. While I won by a hair, he pulled off FOTD -> Asura twice on me. I'm going into training to see if I can get this going. :) I asked him who he was for real but didn't get a straight answer; only that he only fights high ranking players. Hats off to you, Kenosha 1986.

Hey quick question for Kilik users here. How do you guys deal with Yoshi's who use jumping attacks all day like dragonfly and superdragonfly? I swear every attack I use misses the fool in the air, even highs. It's one thing I hate about this game, jumping moves seem to be so powerful now and nothing touches you in the air unless it's specially designed for anti air. The only move I know for sure that knocks people high out of the sky is 214B and that seems to be too slow in most cases.

did you try FC 3B? it looks like it hits pretty high...

i haven't tried it yet. :D

I always thought that MO A, 46 B, 6AAA was a guaranteed combo but recently saw a video where a player shook the 46 B stun and blocked the 6AAA. So i'm guessing either it isn't a guaranteed combo or dude just input the 6AAA a sec late?

Yeah the 46 B is shakable thus making that particular combo not guaranteed, but it opens the door for some mixups using iFOTD for example if you notice he's always busy shaking it :)

No actually the guy must've just been late. CH 46B IS shakable but this is one of the few instances where there is an attack that actually combos from a shakable stun.

Back