King Of Fighters XIV is Coming

Soul

Valide Kösem Sultan
main_thumb.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/new-3d-king-fighters-game-development/

3D this time!

I'm so into this,since this was my favorite KOF game in the entire series.

Thoughts?

imo some games should stay is 2D, SNK tried this last time and KoF didn't exactly fair well...at least in my eyes, but I could be wrong

I loved KOFXIII's visual style, but it's obvious that drawing each individual frame in HD is expensive and that 3D graphics would eventually be adopted. Think the real question here is whether this will be a 3D fighting game or just a 2D fighter with 3D graphics like SFIV.

Regardless, this is great news!

@CFW nope,it's pretty much confirmed.

I hope i get to see my fav character again ♥.

Luise2006.jpg

Last edited:
If this turns out to be a 3D fighting game I may consider putting more investigation into it before buying.

*checks the franchise*

No Mai... No Buy.

Although I am sad that it seems sprites aren't gonna be used. Massive talk about it on the Super Best Friend Podcast.

FUCK YES!
First trailer finally out!
It only took a year & a few months, but that looks sweet.
Looks like PS4 exclusive.
Anyways, hyped as fuck!! :D

EDIT: I noticed a lot of ppl are bothered with the graphics & models. eh, they're not the best but i wouldn't judge from now. I hope it does improve tho.

Also, if a moderator can plz change the title of this thread to 'The King Of Fighters XIV!", i'd appreciate it. ^^"

Last edited:
I'm speechless. The graphics, art style, animations, and character designs all look like shit. I understand why developers prefer 3D, but at least do it right goddammit.

It just looks so damn flat and insipid, not to mention the PS2-tier textures and aliasing. Compare compare this:

db8b9042ececa6fe4ad623ffe75322a5.png

To this:

kyo_kusanagi_by_ayhan63-d5ekpk1.jpg

So sad to see what's become of SNK.

EDIT: lel git gud

46c85a4b9c890584276b2cad6f6f5d4d.png

Last edited:
I don't understand, even for an unexperienced team it was'nt that hard try to do something like this
post-171110-1329245642.jpg

I'm just surprised there isn't technology that can convert 3D models into decent quality 2D sprites yet.

Aside from some chinese fighter game, are there any 2D fighting games of decent quality ?

The more i return & watch the short trailer, the worse it becomes lol.
I really hope they improve & work on it. I really don't want to see sprites again. I'm so sick of them. Just let KOF 14 be 3D, KOF 15 can be 2D or 1D or whatever the fanbase needs it to be. :>

The more i return & watch the short trailer, the worse it becomes lol.
I really hope they improve & work on it. I really don't want to see sprites again. I'm so sick of them. Just let KOF 14 be 3D, KOF 15 can be 2D or 1D or whatever the fanbase needs it to be. :>
true

Back