Kogarasumaru September 2009 Results

Thnx to everybody for being good to my dog! Especially to Jaxel, sorry she kept tryin to look for me in ur room

good matches, and Larry, watch out for next time!

lol serge we dropped you off! you seriously dont remember anything? lol!

well NYC took BOTH tournies! congrats to serge! for winning a VERY exciting tourney!

That sounds like a quote that Sporko would say, but I'm not 100% sure who said it since I was on dat brew.

I'll give shout outs later on, I got to get my mind back on business stuff and off of Soul Calibur.

No I asked Serge about it, and SERGE said it. How do you give yourself props for a line like that? You gotta let someone else do it lol.

Great playing last weekend--that goes for everyone! This last tournament felt like the days of SC3: few players, but really intense, high-caliber (ouch, bad pun) match play (excluding myself, of course, lol). I completely agree with Ramon, the "no pros" tournament was great. It was really fun to compete in and to watch. Not only that, it was just fun to be back in the tournament scene at Jay's. I really let my hatred and my utter ineptitude at the game interfere with my attendance in tournaments since the game has come out. I am really going to try to rectify that...maybe, lol...

Anyway:

Serge: You escaped, lol. I'll get you next time...I think... Great playing.

Herve: I have no idea how I lost that match. To be honest, I was furious after we played. I was so furious that I was going to first round challenge you in the regular tournament, lol. But I don't usually get that angry after a match, lol, and I needed to let it go. That should be a testament to your great play in that match. I was way up, and when you pushed it to the deciding set, I was still way up, and yet you still managed to come back for the win. Simply put, you deserved to win that match. If I can't put down an opponent after going up 2-0 in a game, especially in the deciding game--twice--, then I should lose. Good shit.

Nuez: Wow. I can't believe that I actually won a match against Lizardman, lol. I'm bad at fighting most characters in the game, but he is my personal kryptonite. I have lost to terrible players who have played him--not to mention really good players like you have altogether crushed me. So when I yelled at the end of the match it was not directed at you personally--it was because I had given myself no chance to win and I couldn't believe that I had pulled a match off against Lizardman! And I will be the first to admit that I got lucky. I didn't know if you were going to fall for the "let me lure you near the edge" trick. I had pretty much thought it was over when you stayed pretty safe and blocked WS B the first time. But once I saw the animation of that kick (66K?), I knew that I had you out. I've used that shit against everybody, hoping that the player's greed and agression would help me win. I hope we can session at the next tournament. I would really like to learn as much about Lizardman that I can. It was a pleasure to play you and talk with you. I'm sure you'll get the next one...but I'm going to try and make that not happen, lol...

Idlemind: You and your woman are really fun people to be around. You’re almost as laid back as Klizza, lol, and quite knowledgeable about SC and the SC community. It was nice chatting about all sorts of stuff. Alicia is charming and witty—nice catch. Sorry she missed this one. Did your stick work after you threw it to the ground? If it did, then that shit deserves an award because it left a crack in the ground, lol...

Klizza: Lol. Great seeing you again. Our close tournament match last month was fun—lots of funny moments. It should have been recorded. Lots of funny commentary, strange whiffs, and game glitches made me feel like we were back playing SC3 (especially the comment, “I forgot who I was playing”, lol). But we had the funniest shit ever happening this time! I hope Jay got it recorded. For those people who weren't in the room, Klizza and I played on a screen that had some sort of black line-glitch on the screen that hid our characters. Funny shit on the screen and funnier comments!

Ramon: Great playing you as always. We will have to resume our monthly progress reports, lol.

Jian: Great playing. I knew that we were going to have a close match because we went back and forth during casuals. Damn-near every round we played was a close one, so when you won that first round with Siegfried, I wasn't worried at all. I knew I was going to come back. I was feeling really confident...then you picked the Apprentice. That was fucking genius on your part! I was so worried about the fact that he has that cheater throw escape, that I didn't even try to hit you with my CS whore shit, lol--not to mention that I have no experience fighting a tournament level player using him, lol. I couldn't believe that you had the nerve to A-throw every time! I just "knew" that you were going to change, so I kept eating them, mashing B all the while... I completely believe you when you said that you won a rock, paper, scissors tournament by just throwing rock. That was brilliant! Looking forward to playing you again.

InsaneKhent: Excellence from you as usual. It was good seeing you again. I’m just glad that I didn’t have to face you this time, lol.

ZeroEffect: After the last three tournaments I have seen you play in, I’m like your biggest fan (even though I can’t stand that little bee-yotch, Talim). You played well again (maybe a little better last time). Keep at it. I’m sure you will do well from now on. You and Jay’s Talim mirror…wow, lol. I didn’t get to unleash my Mitsurugi on you this time, lol….it’s coming back for you…2KB…lol.

Kikaleek: Great run in the tournament! You have those Yoshimitsu just frames down! That’s the shit. It was nice talking to you and remembering our match from SC3 in Jay’s house from a couple of years back.

Tim: Awesome match in the first tournament. But I knew you had it in for me in the second tournament (I was really hoping for Voldo, again, lol). We will go at it again I'm sure...

Jaxel: You already know how I feel about you. From your involvement in SC3 to what's happened in SC4, your commitment to the scene over the last two years has been downright jaw-dropping. This site alone is testament to that! It's been awesome to watch how your efforts have really helped the scene. I think I am going to try for a comeback and make every tournament that you are throwing for the next few months.

Now for my people!

Team Cheesesteaks, Murder, and Scrapple: Fuck yeah! I knew you guys could do better! Now, we just have to start sending more people home, lol. Congrats for playing well this time. Success comes in small steps, and we all took some this tournament. We have a big goal to get ready for, and I’m sure we can do it…

Sporko--winning four matches in the first tournament for the first time…that was the shit! Great playing! More good things are coming!

Malice: First time winning two matches in a tournament! I knew you could get rid of those tournament nerves. It sucks that we had to play each other in losers, but I was glad to see you made it two rounds in winners (and beating one of your personal demons, Nuez, for the first time). Good Shit!

350z: How many times do I have to tell you that you are a pathetic scrub? You had a real chance to win every match that you played in both tournaments. In fact, you were winning almost every match you played...AND YOU BLEW IT! Put down that broke-ass controller, stop whoring the command throws (yeah--like that is going to happen), and learn how to win...

I wanted to save this one for separate:

JWR7: You can’t know how much of a pleasure it is to talk to you; for someone that I don’t know, and for a person that I have only met in person three times, we talk and laugh and laugh and laugh as if we have known each other for years. I don’t know if that is because we are the oldest two in the tournament, or if it’s just that we have a great deal in common. I don’t know if anyone else has had the chance to talk to you as much as I have, but he is definitely missing out! You’re pretty cool, and I want to wish you luck with all of the financial things we talked about.

I wanted to tell you that while I’m glad to move on in a tournament match, I don’t take a great amount of pleasure in defeating you—you’re that much of a cool person. Speaking honestly, I just can’t believe that we have had to face each other three times in the last three tournaments. We have played each other enough now that you should be pretty much catching my number, and I’m not really looking forward to playing you next time because of that. And I thank you for supporting me in each of my matches. I really appreciate that you come to watch me play all of my matches. Lol, I guess the old guys have to stick together…

But…

…what else I want to tell you is that I want you to hang in there. Please don’t get discouraged and stop playing or coming to the tournaments like I did. There is a wealth of information here on the boards and at the tournaments. Watch videos, get up on your frame data, practice your combos and just frames; you have a great character. For you to get better, it’s just a simple matter of adjusting some of the small things that you do wrong. It’s great that you are competitive as hell. Take that competitive nature and apply it to your training between tournaments to come back and wreck some people. I know you can do it.

Thanks for the slice of pizza and the munchkins. Next month it will be my turn to buy the pizza and the doughnuts. Take care.

I remember JWR7. I pissed him off big time by screaming my head off during the French invasion, and the amazing thing was that he took it like a good sport. Stick with it man, if Sporko and Khent are any proof, hard work really pays off in this medium, and especially in this game. You won't find another one that rewards you more for just being GOOD. Keep with it.

I remember JWR7. I pissed him off big time by screaming my head off during the French invasion, and the amazing thing was that he took it like a good sport. Stick with it man, if Sporko and Khent are any proof, hard work really pays off in this medium, and especially in this game. You won't find another one that rewards you more for just being GOOD. Keep with it.

I'm SO JEALOUS of all the new guys you get down there lol. I am so sick of SF4 city up here I want to fucking vomit, honestly.

But yeah NJ/NY beat the hell out of people like Larry and Landslide for a while, and they adjusted. Same goes for Khent and Sporko, like he said. It's easy to get discouraged, we've had plenty of players get beat up and never show up again, but the proof shows in those guys that if you stick with it, you improve. Haven't seen you play myself obviously, but keep at it.

Thanks everybody. And Chuck is right. Lord knows I still have a longway to go to be a great player, but the progress I've made in the past year is due to hardwork, sticking with it, and the awesome philly crew challenging me and giving me all the practice I've had.

With their help I'm confident enough to call myself a good player now, which many can attest was *not* the case a year ago, or even six months ago.

Shout-outs:

Kikaleek-that was probably the closest set I've ever had, good stuff man.

Jian-you've either eliminated me or put me into losers the past four straight tourneys and this will end, damn you. <3

jwr7-stick with it, you've got the friends in the community now and you play a good character, all you need at this point is time and practice

Khent-Thanks for hte pep-talk in the driveway, and I know you weren't playing your best that set but good match regardless

Jaxel- you're jaxel.

Idle-good stuff my friend, nerd power.

ZeroEffect: You were solid, putting me in losers first round, way to avenge our set from last month

Alright, I hope I'm not forgetting anybody, got nothin' but love for the Koga regulars, nothin' but love.

PS: Congrats Serge and Ramon

Sporko: I have a terrible lack of respect for Voldo even though he's a damn solid character, use more shenanigans, I fall for bags o'tricks all the time. If you think I'm lying just ask Goofus and Idle lol. I look forward to our next match so you better not lose =P

Larry the 350z: On the reverse my Apprentice is shenanigans, my Sieg was having a brain fart against Ivy, I just didn't know what to do! Very fun matches Larry, and I had to respect your CS/SS execution, I really hope we get to play more in the future as well!

Back