LAG

coroso4

[08] Mercenary
So this is mostly me complaining, but I find online games on XBL are ridiculously laggy. Even playing 4 and 5 bar connections, the game is always laggy. Their connections blink every time I play. I know my connection is fine, my friend says it's always 4 or 5 bars, so it always seems to be the opponent's fault. I notice that there is least lag in unranked party sessions. So I usually play these. Seriously, every ranked game I join is unbearably laggy. I don't even try playing ranked anymore. Is there anything I can do to lessen lag?

Playing with friends who have a good connection will lessen it, and you could always play offline matches with friends.

There isn't much that can be done, Namco didn't put a lot of effort into the netcode, nor do they plan to. Offline games will always be the way to go for serious competition, even in a game like VF5 that has decent netcode.

offline is the way to go, only reason i played online was to get that level 20 honor

casually, competitively, whatever. offline>everything

you could try using the online match finders and stuff like that to organise games with people fairly local to you... of course you could go the full way to organise offline meets as well.

Back