Laptop battery?

ExMachina

fails the turing test
So, I've decided to get a replacement for my laptop's super old, can't-really-hold-a-charge-anymore battery...

What kind of prices should I expect for one? Any particular batteries that come recommended? I'm just looking to have it last for maybe 3 to 5 hours on one charge.

FYI, it's a 14" Toshiba Satellite.

You're actually thinking of picking up something third-party?

I dunno, for me not buying first party for something that includes enough acid to kill 10 people seems dangerous. /paranoia and kidding ^_^

But yeah, any reason why you don't just buy direct (besides price)?

Buy a first party battery, i don't trust being anything that isn't first party for my electronics.

You're going to spend around $100 for a replacement battery. The one thing I would not get is a third party battery. Grab an 8-cell from Toshiba for $120.

Ah man, what a racket. I was hoping that there was some sort of standard for laptop batteries, similarly to other computer parts... but I guess not. Guess I'll just have to go to Toshiba and fork up the money.

Thanks for the info though.

be a man, buy replacement cells online and rebuild it. There are a million guides on the internet.

Be a man build a new laptop that is powered by your hamster running in a wheel and operated by a complex system of levers and pulleys.

Back