[Las Vegas, NV] SINCalibur: Check first post for weekly updates!

I want to go to NCR or devestation but I hate going out of town on my own haha

but yeah I know i need to be more aggressive and Ive been workin on it today ruin was even asking me alot of questions about the game and Algol haha I know the week of SFXT I will be stopping SC5 just for that tournament on the 10th but then its back to full force on SC5

Thanks to everyone that stopped out for the tournament yesterday. Once I get the files from Vicko I will be putting up the official results. To anyone that is hitting up Final Round this week, best of luck.

@ Sora: Yeah I definitely wanna play you some more. Had like a 6 hour practice session with Tran & Kray after the tournament and totally wished I would have played like that earlier. I mostly blame FF13-2. Either way want to play you again when I am playing better. I was talking to Tran about trying to get some SC weeklies together too. Just need to figure out a day and time that works for everyone. My Sun-Thus 3pm to 12am shift really sucks for this tho. Also you owe me $5 :-P.

@ ArkyHeartyXy: I know I said it at the tournament, but hit me up on XBL if your even on late and wanna play some SC5.

@ Xiba player I fought in tournament: I want to run it back with you on that Xiba/Lexia match. If you're a betting man I would be willing to wager on this as well. Also sorry to dip out quick after the match due to the pizza guy.

@ Reveng: Good shit yesterday and thanks for stopping down. Vegas vs NorCal 2....?

SC5 finals=hypest thing I've seen in a while
sad I did so bad but I feel I'm learning more and more need to unlock Algol and practice against the cast which killed me in both my matches
@ArkyX: good shit keep up the good work

@Tran: sorry I was so salty during our match I was so hostile cuz of my marvel match

@Sora: good shit and i would seriously appreciate some Pyrra training sessions

IFB: thanks for the tips always a blast playing you

@everyone else: glad some more support for SC5 is showing up always up for a gathering (depending on day and time) let's continue to level up the Vegas SC community

Might be doing something crazy...learning 4 characters >_>

Viola, Asta, Tira...Ivy

I'd say Ivy, but until we find out a way you can do CS, I'd say Viola primary, Tira second. I suggest sticking to two for now to prep for NCR.

The reason why I say Tira is that she doesn't have a bad matchup against Astaroth, which should cover for Viola relatively well. And she is just damn solid period.

Yeah I'll be bringin either Viola/Asta or Viola/Tira to NCR.I'm decent with Asta so maybe a study to bring him up to Viola level is best and last i checked Asta vs Asta isn't a bad match up (unless 2p only combos are back in SC5 >_>). Viola is fun and her move set feels simple.

Ivy will need to wait till CS is down. I'm trying it and I just REALLY FUCKIN hate the input. Even when I land the damn thing it feels like a really stupid motion. Also I have a real issue finding much use for her moves. Seems a lot of them are very situational. Like none of her extending moves feel right to me beyond 6(A). We'll have to train me on her. Ring won't forgive an Ivyless IFB

I was thinking of learning Xiba but I have no basis on where to start my approaches with him I get blown up by Ivy's and Asta's.... but My approaching with Algol as well as my offense with with both Algol and Patroklos are getting better....

also with algol SRK+B EVERYTHING!!!!!! just sayin...

another thing im working on is that there are alot and I mean ALOT of things that knock down with Algol and I am working on my reaction to the knock downs to get my 2 A+B down to get damage everytime also I found some tech that will guarantee the Bounce up after my 2B+K~B (sweep kick in to shot) but the timing on it is ridiculous

GGs last night Aryk. Reading your posts explains some of the questions I had about that 2B+K~B. Sometimes it seems like I was stuck in the trap when others I got a side roll for free. I would try doing 2B+K more by itself as a mix up as well especially if you know 2B+K is gonna be blocked. From there I can see a quick dash into grab, a fast B or rising mid working well (depending on the recovery). I also liked that pressure with the shot hit into shoulder. Does that shoulder move have any tracking on it? I could see you delaying it sometimes to bait a side step into the shoulder if it does track well.

Also thanks for helping me figure out a new setup/mixup during the sets. Didn't realize before that A,A,A+B+K comboed after a launcher.

Well I got a basic Tira down. Gonna be maining her and asta more as an alt for Viola. Ivy after that. Not really use to having so many characters, but its good matchup study.

Well I got a basic Tira down. Gonna be maining her and asta more as an alt for Viola. Ivy after that. Not really use to having so many characters, but its good matchup study.

Nothing wrong with learning to play multiple characters. Lets test her out this week. ;)

@ Xiba player I fought in tournament: I want to run it back with you on that Xiba/Lexia match. If you're a betting man I would be willing to wager on this as well. Also sorry to dip out quick after the match due to the pizza guy.

I'll run it back, for cash maybe in the future I haven't been able to play since Sunday.

Anyway GGs last weekend. So are when is the next session? Thursday at Gemini?

Updated first post. Nothing too much going on this week due to FR. IGL gathering on Friday is already set. If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow or plan a gathering at Gem, let me know and I'll update the post.

Thanks.

I'm up for tomorrow, but i may be delayed. Also i lost the damn adapter on my arcade stick (stupid xbox)

What time are you all meeting up at IGL on friday? I should be able to make it. Someone text me at 520-270-9456 when you're heading down there. Hopefully i'll be sober enough to drive down there.

Also, if you guys are meeting tomorrow(Thursday), let me know. I should be in town in the evening, and don't have any plans.

What time are you all meeting up at IGL on friday? I should be able to make it. Someone text me at 520-270-9456 when you're heading down there. Hopefully i'll be sober enough to drive down there.

Also, if you guys are meeting tomorrow(Thursday), let me know. I should be in town in the evening, and don't have any plans.

6pm. Also, did you talk with jackie yet? I told him last tournament.

IFB - I'd say stick with Asta and Viola. After our games tonight, Your Tira needs more work and i have yet to see you bust Ivy out. If you're having a hard time keeping track when she's in gloomy or not then just imagine all the distraction and adrenaline when NCR rolls around. Unless you do some serious beast mode training.........

You seem very comfortable with Asta and Viola. Being comfortable with a character is more important then any matchup IMHO. I'll help you guys in any way that I can.

IFB - I'd say stick with Asta and Viola. After our games tonight, Your Tira needs more work and i have yet to see you bust Ivy out. If you're having a hard time keeping track when she's in gloomy or not then just imagine all the distraction and adrenaline when NCR rolls around. Unless you do some serious beast mode training.........

You seem very comfortable with Asta and Viola. Being comfortable with a character is more important then any matchup IMHO. I'll help you guys in any way that I can.

True. Although I see IFB's style more toward Tira still though.

Sorry I missed this one guys. Work was killer today -- passed out early. Passing out again now.

Back