[Las Vegas, NV] SINCalibur: Check first post for weekly updates!

I'm now focusing on SC5 more than Marvel. Updating the first post with the Evo practice tournaments later on today.

Sup old sports. I'm coming in to town late Thursday night and leaving early Monday morning. I doubt that'll leave time for some game sessions with you guys, but just thought I'd let my old casual calibur friends know when I'll be in the valley. I'm on xbl if anyone wants practice in that way.

Sup old sports. I'm coming in to town late Thursday night and leaving early Monday morning. I doubt that'll leave time for some game sessions with you guys, but just thought I'd let my old casual calibur friends know when I'll be in the valley. I'm on xbl if anyone wants practice in that way.

You're not going to EVO? :(

Okay, updating the first post with the upcoming events.

If anyone is down for training sessions, head to Gem this Friday and IGL tournament this Saturday. This will be the last chance to get some sessions in before EVO.

I have a particularly tough bracket, so I'll put in another incentive to come out. If anyone from Vegas can beat me in a best 2 out of 3 between now and EVO, I will give you $5. Doesn't matter if its tournament or casuals, but:

1. You must call it out that you want to play.
2. You can only play for this once per day.

Sorry if this seems arrogant -- it's not. I'm just dead serious about making it to Sunday and this'll help with setting up tournament-style nervous environments. If anyone beats me, I'll actually appreciate it; it means I have to study that match-up.

Sora: What pool are you in or rather what matchups do you need practice with?

Everyone: I'm actually coming in on Wednesday now so Thursday is open for practice.
Also, anyone willing to lend their pad/stick to me for my SCV pool? I forgot that wireless controllers aren't allowed anymore. I'm pool C so at the very least I need a controller Friday 12 - 2pm.

Sora: What pool are you in or rather what matchups do you need practice with?

Everyone: I'm actually coming in on Wednesday now so Thursday is open for practice.
Also, anyone willing to lend their pad/stick to me for my SCV pool? I forgot that wireless controllers aren't allowed anymore. I'm pool C so at the very least I need a controller Friday 12 - 2pm.

Pool C too... C27 in particular.

My biggest weakness right now is the Mitsu matchup I think. Went 0-3 against Salmon in MLG and was looking to change that come EVO. Need to learn option selects against NM and Maxi too. After that, it's training for the uncommon stuff such as aPat, Algol and Dampierre.

sup guys. i was at the korean KoF room last night and they mentioned that they have SCV players with them that would love to have casuals with the locals. i think tushar said that they would be coming to the IGL BBQ today.

Anyone planning on practicing SCV most of the day tomorrow? I didn't bring my copy of the game with me so I need to come out and meet others to practice. I plan on going to Gemini but I have time to kill before that.

repost from SINCalibur thread:

Anyone planning on practicing SCV most of the day tomorrow? I didn't bring my copy of the game with me so I need to come out and meet others to practice. I plan on going to Gemini but I have time to kill before that.

I am planning (though not 100%) to be at Gem tomorrow afternoon at around 6pm.

KAH! good day everyone Le Bello at your service.

I am new to the soul calibur tourny scene and just happened to stumble across this page * begged and pleaded until i got a link*

i am just here to introduce my self. and also to participate in tournemants with fello las veganites. (not even sure if that is right)

so Hello! i have many questions as to how tournemants go so please here Le Bello's story

We host tournaments generally once per month, though there are talks of twice a month. Games are based on number of participants and sadly soul cal has been having a low turn out forcing it to be only round robin, winner takes all. If we do get the numbers then tournaments run standard EVO format with prizes split 70/20/10.

There is a Facebook page: Immortal Gaming League that posts all the info you need such as time and place.

We host tournaments generally once per month, though there are talks of twice a month. Games are based on number of participants and sadly soul cal has been having a low turn out forcing it to be only round robin, winner takes all. If we do get the numbers then tournaments run standard EVO format with prizes split 70/20/10.

There is a Facebook page: Immortal Gaming League that posts all the info you need such as time and place.

thanks a lot this was really helpful. i plan on entering almost every tourney i can. right now im just focused on just getting to know people and having them getting to know me. is their anything i should know before i embark on this journey?

Yo SBO quals @ Super Arcade in SoCal next weekend. Can the Vegas crew come down for this event? Gonna be dope. Winner gets a trip to Japan for SBO.

thanks a lot this was really helpful. i plan on entering almost every tourney i can. right now im just focused on just getting to know people and having them getting to know me. is their anything i should know before i embark on this journey?

Glad to hear. It's going to be on 360's, so please plan on bringing a compatible controller/stick. If you only play on PS3, let me know and I'll bring my setup.

Thanks,

Yo SBO quals @ Super Arcade in SoCal next weekend. Can the Vegas crew come down for this event? Gonna be dope. Winner gets a trip to Japan for SBO.

I would, but isn't the rule something like 'Don't go if you can't go to Japan?'

Hello guys, I'll be in Vegas from Friday night to Tuesday, I believe. Any chance I can come in and rep Alaska, or am I gonna miss the tournaments? Lol.

Back