Learner's permit

This Saturday, I'm hopefully going to take the test to get my permit.

Being as I've never even attempted to drive a car (sadly), is there anything I should know, aside from some state-specific laws? I'm not even sure what to expect. Is it just a written test or do I have to drive as well?

I've got a Driver's manual, and I plan to read it. But is there anything that might not be in it?

From what I've heard, the test is rather easy. Still, I'm a bit nervous.

I took a week long class with the learner's permit at the end of it and scheduled driving sessions with instructors over the course of 6 months then took the test. So no driving for the permit if you live in Cali. Just traffic laws multiple choice test iirc.

I suggest you at least pick up a free traffic laws booklet at your local DMV and study it beforehand. Shouldn't be too hard even without it though.

Yeah, people have been telling me it isn't anything to sweat over. And you're right, I really should study up beforehand... but I've been putting it off. So all of Friday I'm going to be reading my driver's manual. Hopefully I still manage to pass.

Hmm the other week I was teaching my friend how to drive
lol.jpg

1) Women can't drive
2) Asian Women for sure can't drive
3) Don't let your friend who doesn't know how to drive , drive your precious car

Hmm the other week I was teaching my friend how to drive

lol.jpg

1) Women can't drive
2) Asian Women for sure can't drive
3) Don't let your friend who doesn't know how to drive , drive your precious car​

First off let me say this, ROFL. Second, that sucks. where the hell where you teaching your friend to drive?

I passed both on the first try. The permit test is easy as long as you read the booklet thoroughly. I got lucky on the Drivers test though. At the time I lived in a really small town and there was hardly any traffic. When it was time for me to parallel park there was only one car sitting there so it was really easy! Didn't even have to worry about backing into another car.

This Saturday, I'm hopefully going to take the test to get my permit.

Being as I've never even attempted to drive a car (sadly), is there anything I should know, aside from some state-specific laws? I'm not even sure what to expect. Is it just a written test or do I have to drive as well?

I've got a Driver's manual, and I plan to read it. But is there anything that might not be in it?

Hopefully your manual has some sample questions for you. And if you don't pass it, you can try again. So don't sweat it man. When you actually do get around to driving, try not to pump the gas, look both ways before turning onto a street and always buckle your safety belt. Simple advice, but they'll flunk you for the last two when you try to get your license. I got failed the first time on my driving test. The guy thought my stop was not complete.

My mom gave me some good advice a long time ago when I went through this.

Drive like your grandmother is in the back seat.

Reactions: HRD
because Gas costs a lot more in korea then it does in the US... and the roads and streets get so damn packed that I would be sitting in traffic more then driving... and when i say driving i meant more like road trips vs day to day driving.. even though day to day driving could be fun too.
I also find the subway to be more convenient...

i might just do that though.. rent a car and drive down to pusan...

In Mass the permit test was mostly pretty easy, but I almost failed it due to multiple choice questions that ask you precisely the amount ticketed for specific offenses. It's pretty bullshit to keep you from getting behind the wheel because you don't know whether you'll get a $200 or $300 ticket and at the same time you can bubble in that you SPEED UP on the sight of a pedestrian and still potentially pass. Yeah, so look at what certain offenses will land you. No one ever told me to expect that shit and it caught me completely off guard.

Simple advice, but they'll flunk you for the last two when you try to get your license. I got failed the first time on my driving test. The guy thought my stop was not complete.

Yeah, I've heard that though the written test is easy, even the smallest thing can flunk you for the actual driving test. I'm going to hate the driving test, aren't I?

Drive like your grandmother is in the back seat.

Haha. Good advice.

Yeah, so look at what certain offenses will land you. No one ever told me to expect that shit and it caught me completely off guard.

Sound advice, man. I honestly wasn't expecting to be questioned about fines and shit like that. I'd hate to fail because of BS like that.

When it was time for me to parallel park there was only one car sitting there so it was really easy! Didn't even have to worry about backing into another car.

Oh boy. Parallel parking. I forgot all about it. That's going to be fun, isn't it?

First off let me say this, ROFL. Second, that sucks. where the hell where you teaching your friend to drive?
I was teaching her to park in my neighborhood.
The dumbass broke my garage door
not to mention, she fucked up my car.

I passed my driver's test on the first try
The key is to study a lot
and have a guy teach you to drive because women are useless drivers

in California you don't have to parallel park during the test. Or at least in San Clemente :)

For the actual test make sure you get someone to take you through the testing area first.

The written part is harder than the driving part. When it comes to the written test....use common sense. The answer is usally just plain old common sense.

When driving...Do what Mammoth said....thats perfect!! Then when you pass all the tests. light up your tires, get sideways, and flip off the DMV cause it will be the LAST time you go to the DMV for something good!!

HRD

in California you don't have to parallel park during the test. Or at least in San Clemente :)

For the actual test make sure you get someone to take you through the testing area first.

I had to in Fontana. I took all day doing it and the nice man, he let me go with it anyways. Thank you nice guy I can hardly remember.

When driving...Do what Mammoth said....thats perfect!! Then when you pass all the tests. light up your tires, get sideways, and flip off the DMV cause it will be the LAST time you go to the DMV for something good!!

HRD

So, SO true. I have been there for renewals, accident reports, fees, fines ect. It's always an hour long wait to get paperwork. Yay.

Well, thanks everyone.

But I wasn't able to take the test. Why?

Because I never took the 4-hour long, $30 Drug course. Wonderful.

I have yet to get my license since I have no car to drive...... I still drive here and there but if I get caught I'm fucked

The written test is really easy you shouldn't have a problem just read the book for 3 days very easy trust me. As far as the road test get a women to teach you women are very good drivers they drive better than guys.

Back