Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

i got an issue. what can leixia do to hit grounded opponents that are just rolling? 66K whiffs. 33BB is out of the question. 3B whiffs. i think 2K whiffs too but i can't remember. and a properly spaced 44K whiffs as well. i had a hard time facing a guy just because he would roll on the ground after being knocked down. would WR3b(BE) and her CE work on rolling opponents. and what about a point blank 2A+B? don't have time to test this out right now.

If 33BB, 3B, and 2K aren't working for you, you're probably doing something wrong.
...thanks for the advice. i didn't know there was more than one way to do any of those commands. maybe i'll hold my controller upside down next time or try to get the six axis motion control thing a try by shaking my pad...

If 33BB, 3B, and 2K aren't working for you, you're probably doing something wrong.
Out of the three of those, only 2K works 100%, assuming of course you're in range. (one of the main problems with Leixia ground game). 33BB will get rolled to one side, even 3B will at times

Out of the three of those, only 2K works 100%, assuming of course you're in range. (one of the main problems with Leixia ground game). 33BB will get rolled to one side, even 3B will at times
I should have made it clearer in my post that I was referring to those moves in an aleatory sense. It's impossible for any one roll in one situation to evade 66K, 2K, 3B, iFC 3B, and 663BB. It's ridiculous to ask 3B WHIFFS 2K WHIFFS 66K WHIFFS 33BB WHIFFS WAT DO and expect answers; it begs the question.

Last edited:
Well besides all the ground-hitting moves that have already been mentioned, I'd like to add:

- iFC3B (unreliable though but safer than 3B and more damage)
- 1B (weak damage + range so it depends a lot on the situation, but fast recovery that might lead to a nice set-up position for Leixia since she can apply her good WS/FC game afterwards)
- iFCA+B/iFCA+B-cancel (reaches a lot further than most people think, safe, + on hit, opens up nice mix-up possibilites; it's very slow, but I have never seen anyone jumping that move on reaction when used on grounded opponents)

The biggest problem for Leixia's wake-up tools is that you have to make sure she doesn't whiff (keep in mind when your opponent can roll or tech) or you give up all the momentum you've just gained.

would WR3b(BE) and her CE work on rolling opponents. and what about a point blank 2A+B? don't have time to test this out right now.
CE doesn't hit grounded/rolling opponents. 2A+B is so slow that even players who have never seen this move before are already able to block it. And FC3bB (or do you mean WS B BE?) has a huge whiff recovery, wouldn't recommand it.

1B pushes back really far on ground hits for some reason. I'm not sure if it's practical to go for anything better than run up throw/66B after it lands. iFC 3B is a staple of course, and you get some additional realignment just from doing the iFC. I think FC A+B would really depend on the knockdown--at certain + frames it could even end up TJing over wakeup 2As/throws. It's so slow that some players might JG it on wakeup, similar to FC 3bB. I guess there's always the cancel.

33B buffered out of a forward dash has always been really effective for me, especially at its tip range. 1/r and whatnot.

Last edited:
Althought it is unsafe, I always like to do a 2B+K. If they don't block it and just lay there, you get a nice glob of gauge. If they block it, they can punish a bit..

If you run up on top of them and do it and they get their guard broken, you can get a free A.A.

Personal favorite: 1[A]. A+B....

In all seriousness though, what about 1K/1KK? I haven't used that move in about a year or so, it'd be nice if i could find a use for it.

I should have made it clearer in my post that I was referring to those moves in an aleatory sense. It's impossible for any one roll in one situation to evade 66K, 2K, 3B, iFC 3B, and 663BB. It's ridiculous to ask 3B WHIFFS 2K WHIFFS 66K WHIFFS 33BB WHIFFS WAT DO and expect answers; it begs the question.

I mean she definitely has a ton of ground hitting moves. I'm just saying it really comes down to reliability depending on your situation. 2K to my knowledge always hits.

The biggest problem for Leixia's wake-up tools is that you have to make sure she doesn't whiff (keep in mind when your opponent can roll or tech) or you give up all the momentum you've just gained.

Yeah essentially this. Just takes awareness and some practice to figure out which ones work best. iFC A+B is another one of my go to moves on grounded

So, I have a question:

Do you guys know any MUs or situations where Leixia's 22B+K really shines?
Are there MUs where this auto-GI helps her evading dangerous verticals and catching dangerous/annoying horizontals without the fear of strong kicks or body attacks?

So, I have a question:

Do you guys know any MUs or situations where Leixia's 22B+K really shines?
Are there MUs where this auto-GI helps her evading dangerous verticals and catching dangerous/annoying horizontals without the fear of strong kicks or body attacks?

Is it sad that the first MU that comes to mind is Lex mirrors...?

Anyway, I'd say Sieg/NM... maybe Greek girls, Alpha, Aeon... maybe Ivy. Pretty much anyone without a good horizontal kick or go-to midrange low like Yoshi or Pat.

At the same time though, delayed verticals seem to still hit you, so it's still best not to overuse it.

Can confirm 22B+K is annoying against Aeon. Forces aPat to use 2363B more conservatively too (although he can punish BHH B with twister).

At the same time though, delayed verticals seem to still hit you, so it's still best not to overuse it.

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to overuse it.

I also had Aeon, Siegfried, Nightmare and the sword & shield bitches in mind. I think it's quite "safe" to use 22B+K against Sieg/Night when you're 8WRing at midrange and see that they are going to attack.
I guess the use of 22B+K heavily depends on how you can read or opponent (besides the matchup).

I can get 22B+K to work on pretty much anyone.. I just distance myself and constantly sidestep. It makes them want to run forward and do a horizontal so you just time it properly.

So... I found something EXTREMELY useful when fighting a Nightmare..

I've tested it on Pyrrha and it doesn't work. I'm asuming taller characters push her back more during the 3B ~ 2B+K.

Naturally, they can just stay down.. But it seems the common reaction is to block that 2B+K, so.. c:<

Back