Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Yaaaaayyyyy for double hits! Btw, her 2B+K will double hit everyone in the cast however nightmare is the easiest to do it against. Good set-up for it. I tried to find other ways to get this to consistently happen but still haven't figured it out. Time to do more testing :D

So I have been trying to figure out a way to make leixias CE tech trap and i think i got one. after WR A+BB or 22kAAB you can CE and it Tech Traps all directions :D 90 damage off of WR A+BB. 120 damage off 22kAAB!!!!

I could have sworn I tested this waaay back in the day and found it to be inconsistent for some reason. Did you try hitting 22kAAB from different angles or near the edge/wall? Different size characters maybe?

I know there used to be a CE tech trap off of any 6KK KND, (ex: FC 3BB~6KK), but those don't seem to work all the time either.

I think it could also depend on if you set the CPU to block. I know 6K.CH K CE says it techtraps but they can block it. 22kA.A.K also traps.. CH 3A, 66A, etc. I think most of them are direction dependant.

I think it could also depend on if you set the CPU to block. I know 6K.CH K CE says it techtraps but they can block it. 22kA.A.K also traps.. CH 3A, 66A, etc. I think most of them are direction dependant.

When I fully check a tech trap, I just have the CPU do the move on me while I try to get out of it.

Anyway, I can't test now, but I remember feeling like a lot of her tech traps got messed with when they changed the 2x CE in the patch. Like maybe they shortened the attack range or something. But maybe I'm wrong.

hurrs what i tried and who i tried it on

Ivy, no tech in any direction if inputted in its fastest form, can't remember if she could tech it if she was near a wall or not though.

Viola, no tech in any direction if inputted in its fastest form, she did tech it a couple times near the wall (when she teched towards the wall) but i cant remember if i had the fastest input in or not.

i tested it on someone else (i believe yoshi) and didn't find any problems so at that point i pretty much screamed hallelujah and sprinted for my laptop lol. This is gonna be embarrassing if im wrong. I'll go do some more tests though to see if it works

[UPDATE]

Not a complete Tech Trap :( Tried what you suggested @ZeroEffect317 and found that walls/edges do indeed mess it up, however other than that I have yet to find an instance where it doesnt work when your away from any barrier

[UPDATE 2.0]

So what happens is when you have an opponent with his/her back against the wall, if they tech left/right, the camera goes on LSD and freaks out, effectively stopping the tech trap. When you are parallel to a wall or edge, they must tech towards the wall/edge or not tech at all. By teching towards the wall they put the camera on LSD and can get out of it, if they tech away from it (most natural reaction) they get hit by the CE. Still nothing on it not working mid screen and i still havent tried every character yet so take this all with a grain of salt :p

Last edited:
@GranmasGotGame -
So I was able to test some stuff earlier with this tech trap, and I dunno what it is, but I can't get it to land vs Leixia mirrors 100% consistently. Like hitting 22kAAB from the side will sometimes cause CE to whiff vs left tech. I thought it was me doing it wrong, but even the CPU doesn't always land it.

I have been working like crazy lately so i haven't gotten much time to do more testing but I'm in the process of looking into it. I still think its has the possibility to become a decent gamble to throw out there if your opponent is going to tech afterwards.

I think it might catch tech because she is left crouching after the move, so i was wondering, if you delayed it, if you could CE tech trap after 66AA. I remember trying it in the past and not landing it but in light of this i might have to go try some new stuff.

So what would you guys say are the best run-in mixups this girl has besides AA? Seems like she has plenty of tools to stop run-ins/bulldozing, but it feels like when she does it, 66B is often too slow/predictable at times.

I found 66K to whiff way too often so I sparingly use it now, mostly my run-ins consist of 66B, 66A, and back/side step.

If my opponent steps the second hit in 66BB early in the match, I'll try to 66B~66AA. them to catch them stepping/ looking for a whiff punish. However, if they step and don't keep stepping or attack, they can block and JG the second A for some nasty punishes. So unless i know my opponent doesnt JG or I know I'm going to catch them stepping, I often will do 66B. 66A to be safe-ish. Unless they disrespect the possibility of the 2nd A to come out, its really difficult to punish on reaction.

Of course that only works if they respect your options, it's a whole different ball game if they punish right after 66A. But then I'll normally do 66AA to catch them disrespectin muh frames.

The other 50% of my run-ins consist of back/side step mainly because I like to turtle look for whiffs so I can get some guard damage rolling.

Never tried running in and AA'ing. I've run in and 4~3B+K'd but it doesn't always catch side step, and run in 4~3A+B doesn't always catch back step, so I normally avoid doing those

If they're not stepping, 66K all the way. But yeah, see I was looking at 3B+K as well, but the range... at least it's a TC.
3A+B never catches backstep. I guess run up 2A/2B?

So it looks like 2K doesn't exactly super crouch like I thought. But she makes her hitbox sidestep certain moves, mostly verticals. She can still be thrown out of it and hit with certain highs at disadvantage.

Like Yoshi can do 2A (hit) > 4KB, and 2k will evade the 4KB. But 2A into grab still beats it.

I gave up on iagA with Siegfried because that forced me to remove my A+B bind for Leixia.

Though I've heard the bug affects some people even when they do have a bind.

Back