Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

If so, then what you must be talking about is her iFC3BB, which means Instant Full Crouch.
Basically, Instant Full Crouch is when you quickly crouch to perform the full crouch move of your choice.
This is done by manually crouching (G2) and performing the move as normal.
Read more about it here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/advanced-techniques.4885/

It's only one frame slower than done from crouch, so it may seem like the CPU was doing it from standing.
ah ok ill give it a go thanks :)

So what do you guys think is the best way to handle backstep with Leixia? I know 66BB will catch, but I don't feel like it's all that reliable since it's slow and you lose your advantage if they don't move.

So what do you guys think is the best way to handle backstep with Leixia? I know 66BB will catch, but I don't feel like it's all that reliable since it's slow and you lose your advantage if they don't move.

if they backstap i usually use B+K so i advance towards em. Dunno if its a good option but so far it works (sometimes.. unless they read me doing it :P)

I'd also say that 66B is her best anti backstep tool. But that makes you vulnerable to interrupts or step since Leixia lacks good horizontals at range.
Just like in other SCs, range remains one of her main weakness.

I started trying out 6A+B every so often, like after a 2K or BB. Not bad. Decent damage on it's own even though you can't combo off it.

The first time I got through her whole move list, I said to myself that 6A+B has to be one of her most useless moves since it doesn't combo, it doesn't wallsplat and it's linear. But it has TC and it's safe.
I still don't know what to think of that move.

After 6A+B, 3B and iFC3B is a forced block. 33B as well, but it's techable at midrange.

22A is her longest reaching move from 8-way run. It's worth using despite the fact that it hits high. You can also try FC3bB, its the longest reach attack from crouch and while standing. And of course 6A+B is pretty safe from tip, but it can be stepped, so be careful.

You can try 6B as well. Fairly quick with a lot of range that most people don't see.

I didn't really think of using 6B, but it's an idea. 6A+B isn't the best, nor the most useful of her moves, but it has deceptive range to it kinda like 22A. It's also her farthest RO tool if used after FC 3B. It'll juggle when 3B+K won't reach, ie: after blocking Aeon's sky dive.

Speaking of forced blocks, I think Leixias got a lot of them. I haven't checked everything but she definetly has forced blocks after any launcher, 33BB, 6A+B, 4A+B and even her A-throw.
I will take a further look at that later. Could be worth knowing to force some forced blocks/throw/2B+K-mixups on them, but I don't know if it turns out useful.

Lol, you're comment made me insecure about what I posted so I re-checked.
But it's true, dash into 3B is a forced block. If done the quickest way possible they can't even interrupt with FC2A and the like. Ironically, this doesn't work against Leixia because of crybaby and WR B BE.

EDIT: Dash into 33BB works, too. The only problem is that if they decide to roll back, the 2nd hit will whiff.

Pretty sure we can force a 44K after 4A+B. You're giving up damage for it, but if your opponent is in the red it will basically extend the combo.

Lol, you're comment made me insecure about what I posted so I re-checked.
But it's true, dash into 3B is a forced block. If done the quickest way possible they can't even interrupt with FC2A and the like. Ironically, this doesn't work against Leixia because of crybaby and WR B BE.

EDIT: Dash into 33BB works, too. The only problem is that if they decide to roll back, the 2nd hit will whiff.
Yeah I knew 33BB whiffed if they backrolled. But a tip range 3B force block sounds good. I see why they made 3B break in 12 and not 10 or less. You almost always can force a blocked 3B.

What kind of backdash suits Leixia best? ie. 4+5 G?
Not sure what you mean. I don't think you can change her backdash speed or anything.

Pretty sure we can force a 44K after 4A+B. You're giving up damage for it, but if your opponent is in the red it will basically extend the combo.
Interesting idea, will have to remember that one.

What kind of backdash suits Leixia best? ie. 4+5 G?
Also, any good follow ups for 4K?

If you mean 44 versus just 4, use 4, then kG to do a safe back step.

4K, 3B is a combo. If 4K is blocked, you're at -2, so use AA if they are slow, use 2A if they use AA, and use 9B if they use 2A.

I've found that I have a lot of trouble against characters who fight best at long range (NM, Ivy, Asta), especially when the player is good at keeping me away. What can I do to get in on them safely?

I don't know if this has been posted before but I was testing against Pyrrha's 66B BE, seeing if there was a way, other than JG to stop the second hit. I found out that 88_22B can evade the second hit but the timing is really tight. I also found that 88_22B+K can GI the first hit. Lastly, after blocking the first hit, Leixia's WS 3B can outright interrupt the second hit.

Sorry again if this has been posted before or is in the wrong place, is useless etc. :3

You can use WS B or WS B(BE) to evade the second hit as well.

I've found that I have a lot of trouble against characters who fight best at long range (NM, Ivy, Asta), especially when the player is good at keeping me away. What can I do to get in on them safely?

Depends on how they're keeping you out. If they're just waiting and backing up then unfortunately Leixia doesn't have a ton of answers. However, she does have a couple moves that can stop it if you predict their backstep.
- 66BB is pretty good range and if they are caught backstepping you get a CH for good damage.
- 66AA is the same idea, except it's mostly for sidestep. It does small damage, but sets up a FC 3B followup that has to be teched, or a FC A+B that has to be blocked.

If they're spacing you out with attacks, try to see what they're mostly using to keep you away. Are they using Horizontal Highs? Steppable moves? Moves with lots of negative frames on block/hit? etc. Sometimes if you know they want to attack you can run in and then backdash yourself to bait the move and whiff punish. She has some range to her, but it can be tough to deal with at times.

It's the other way around for me. I can't react with step fast enough to avoid getting hit. But like anything, the more you train yourself to do it the easier it becomes. the FC 3B option is also pretty solid since you don't have to really wait for the yellow flash.

Back