Leixia Q&A/General Strategy Thread

Quick reminder... what am I supposed to do when B+G Wall hits. Is anything better than 66K guaranteed? It's not in the combo listing, unfortunately.

Quick reminder... what am I supposed to do when B+G Wall hits. Is anything better than 66K guaranteed? It's not in the combo listing, unfortunately.

I can answer this! I regularly spar against Leixia and it appears that 66K or 3B (?) is all you get for guaranteed damage.

im looking to make leixia my kawaii waifu. what should i be doing with the char. what are her BnBs and what am i trying to make my opponent do to make her more effective. right now i just FC3B grab 66B and CE

im looking to make leixia my kawaii waifu. what should i be doing with the char. what are her BnBs and what am i trying to make my opponent do to make her more effective. right now i just FC3B grab 66B and CE
Move around a lot, at close range abuse her speed and amazing antisteps like AA 2A 2K 3A+B etc., and be as annoying as possible. BnB are 3B 3B+K (K) and 22B 3B+K (K) into mixups. Change playstyle depending on the matchup, and learn what you can punish with AA (i11), 6KK (i14) and 3B (i17). 6B can also be a good punish because of the range. CE too, great range and i12.

Moves like 4A, 4K and WR K are all -2 on block and useful to start frame traps. 44K is +0 on block and can be useful after certain knockdowns.

And her best lows are probably 2K and WR A+B (+2) on hit and available from full crouch (e.g. after 6KK or 3A+B).

Her left side-throw is also pretty strong with 65dmg. The same goes for 22K/22kA, but you need to work for the momentum to set up the mix up.

I just bought SCV and I am the worst.
I tried looking up how to play cuz friend is always telling me I suck. I don't understand what I am missing. I can't chain combos together so I have been trying to find some combos that have been put together already, but I saw something about 8 and 4 I don't understand what the numbers are for. Can anyone help ?

I just bought SCV and I am the worst.
I tried looking up how to play cuz friend is always telling me I suck. I don't understand what I am missing. I can't chain combos together so I have been trying to find some combos that have been put together already, but I saw something about 8 and 4 I don't understand what the numbers are for. Can anyone help ?
http://www.squidoo.com/fighting-games-numbers-and-letters-a-primer-on-input-notation
a way to get better is pick a character. learn and commit their moveset to memory. watch high level play. steal combos/strat. use that knowledge to form your own playstyle that you're comfortable with.

I forgot to mention that I am using Leixia xD
She is a character that caught my liking out of all of them. Are there any videos on combos that have been made with her?

I forgot to mention that I am using Leixia xD
She is a character that caught my liking out of all of them. Are there any videos on combos that have been made with her?
well for starters.

but everyone plays her differently. she morphs to how people want her to play. like i said. watch this to learn some BnB combos and then watch some tournament gameplay with her. she's not exactly a hard character so you should get her down pretty quickly. the hard part is adjusting her gameplay to each opponent. fighting harder opponents and ranged opponents is hard for her. so you gotta think up ways to get in their face. but we'll save that for later.

I don't know if this thread will even allow such discussion since it doesn't really serve a purpose...

But I've been playing Leixia a lot lately and I've been thinking of some Brave Edges I would've liked to have seen in her. and I'm wondering what you guys would've thought on that..

First one was 66K. The BE version would do 66K and then BT B+K. This could be useful after WR bBE B+K or 3B for an extra little juggle.. I'd like it to lift enough to guarantee a grounded 3B or 66K.
For balance, the second hit wouldn't connect on grounded. If it did, maybe just roll them away? I dunno.

The second one was a BE version of 3B+K that would bind them (the same that Tira's GS 4K does) just enough to guarantee the K part of the string. I feel it would be nice to have that extra damage.

I don't think you should be able to use both back-to-back, obviously, though it would've been cool to see it done.
It would've been nice too see another BE since she's only got two, though.

i think her brave edges are good as they are. granted i wish her WR bBE should get it's instant GI features back. how many BE's does she have? just WR B and AA BE. i think the only thing she really needs is just a damage buff. but isn't there already a leixia thread discussing what people would like to have changed about her?

I have no idea. I didn't look much. I guess this is called "general strategy" and not "general discussion" so it may be out of place.

I just wanted to share my thoughts.

You're fine. I know for a fact the 3B+K bound into flip kick combo was discussed a while back when we thought the 2nd patch would actually buff her.

Some different options for hitting people out of movement.
6698B/6632B
- 8B on 1P and 2B on 2P (make her twirl to the right), will help out some vs players who like to step left and TC.

663B/663BB
- if you feel 66BB is becoming too predictable and getting stepped, 33B has surprising range to it for catching backdashing. More useful vs characters who tend to fall out of the CH 66BB combo.

EDIT: Also, for characters like Astaroth and NM, who fall out of it, you can try setting up a B+K to close in for a mixup as they're grounded.

Back