Leixia Videos & Discussion

Ugh, well... it's really hard to tell you what you could do better vs Hawkeye since he was playing in a way that I never really see him play in a real match (tourney/MM/etc). A lot of that probably comes from a confidence he has fighting a "No Name player". This is NOT a shot towards you. My point is just that sometimes players just go nuts, or bet everything on certain reads, or even troll during fights they aren't taking seriously. But with that said lets try to break this down:

1. You already knew quake wasn't working on oki since he was JGing it. But at least he was JGing it from standing. (That's why he'd get hit by quakes from farther out.) But yeah, you really gotta ease up on that. Get rid of it entirely if you feel you must.

2. Use faster moves for wakeup, (1B/33B/2K). Natsu is special since she can punish your 3B/FC 3B/66K on block. (If you need to use 3B, space it out so her A can't reach.) If he ukemis forward and steps, run up and use 3A+B/1A or grabs. No they won't hit grounded, but it will stop that nonsense completely.

3. Natsu's 8A+B (the belly flop move), is a pain in the ass because it beats crybaby and you can't punish it on block. But, you can Air GI her and follow up with 663BB after she hits the ground for massive dmg. (or just go for an oki mixup if you aren't quick enough)

4. Replace 44K with either 1B or 6B+K for guard damage/setups if you're getting JGed. They also force crouch and do guard damage. 4B is ok too.

Last edited:
I've been finding a lot of fun things in training mode regarding stepping other characters' CE's and JGing CE's and I have to say, there is a bunch of qwerky things happening.

For instance, if you 1B+K during Tira's "start-up" animation, only the first three hits of her CE will hit you. You're left crouched and can WR B or CE. If you CE, the camera goes balistic cause of the conflicting CE's.

It's pretty cool. I'll see if I can get some videos up and rolling.

I've been finding a lot of fun things in training mode regarding stepping other characters' CE's and JGing CE's and I have to say, there is a bunch of qwerky things happening.

For instance, if you 1B+K during Tira's "start-up" animation, only the first three hits of her CE will hit you. You're left crouched and can WR B or CE. If you CE, the camera goes balistic cause of the conflicting CE's.

It's pretty cool. I'll see if I can get some videos up and rolling.

Ok cool.

Just felt like putting these here. I lost some matches here that I knew I was capable of winning. Still trying to figure out how to cross that next hurdle.
Anyway, enjoy/critique or whatever.

NEC 15 (Pools) - vs GOLD Shad (Alpha)

NEC 15 (Pools) - vs. ShinjiUrahara (1P Leixia)

NEC 15 (Top 16) - vs. BlueGod/Blueboy (Patroklos)

Nice fights.
Close match vs Shad, IMO you should have switched map (aPat RO and RO/edge pressing is way too strong, and you got lucky a few times since Shad missed his RO combos) and you rolled too much (8A+BB is too strong if you roll too much).

Nice fights.
Close match vs Shad, IMO you should have switched map (aPat RO and RO/edge pressing is way too strong, and you got lucky a few times since Shad missed his RO combos) and you rolled too much (8A+BB is too strong if you roll too much).
Yeah switching maps should've been my first priority. I thought rolls were supposed to get you out of the 8A+B setup, (See at 4:13 and 6:32), but I guess it's not as reliable as I thought.

I need HELP!
So I'm playing as Leixia online. (The lobby host had the room for just creations) But I'm still lacking in technique with the character this time around. I guess I've forgotten how to flow with Leixia.
Leixia Soul Arena, I have two videos here. Please critique, bash on, harshly ridicule (It's okay, I don't care because I need improvement anyway), compliment, give out pointers, suggest moves I should have done in certain situations of the matches or/and please just give overall input.

I need HELP!
Ok. First off, how much lag was there in the matches? Because that is a big factor in whether or not you'd be able to fix some of these problems. Also, you should always go for 60 second timers. 30 seconds is way too short for the game. Time ups all over the place.

Vid#1 - This Natsu player was awful. He was just mashing moves whether they hit you or not. Because of that, there's really no way for you to get better since you literally could've beaten him after landing ONE hit. Basically, with players like this, you hit them once, get frame advantage, and just keep attacking since he's decided to NEVER block. (Notice how once you finally hit him, you started making a big comeback?). If you fight someone like this again, after you hit him with something like CH AAB, just do 6KK over and over till they either block it, or die.

As for a more helpful critique, When Natsu knocks you down, crybaby will stop all the bomb nonsense. Even if it doesn't hit, the bomb won't hurt you much if you stay on the ground. Don't stand up into them. (You started doing this later on, so that's good). Second, get familiar with her combos. FC 3B>3B+K, 3B>3B+K, etc. You also never used any meter, which you probably could've won a couple rounds by doing launcher into CE for better damage. Other than that, not much else to say here. The Natsu was just being random.

Vid#2 - This Astaroth player was a little less bad. He blocked a LOT, lol. You had a much better gameplan than vid#1, but ugh... 30 secs. Too many time ups.

Anyway, Astaroth BB is steppable in between. Every time he does it, you get a 22B>3B+K or 22B>CE for free. Nice use of CE to take a round. Since he was blocking so much, you could start using moves like WS A+B. Good low/high string with frame advantage on hit. You won this match, so not much to say.

Hope this helped.

I always wonder why 44B knockback in NH while stun in CH, when it should be the opposite since the stun in CH doesn't give any combo at all.

I agree it should be in SCVI, 66AA & CH 3A+B having better stuns, & 6A is finally useful will be SCVI.
Her 6A is pretty good though. Great spacing tool + turns them backwards on CH.
Agree on 66AA. It's way too little reward for being so unsafe on block.

Her 6A is pretty good though. Great spacing tool + turns them backwards on CH.
Agree on 66AA. It's way too little reward for being so unsafe on block.

I mean 6A is finally useful on CH. It's has the same stun animation as CH 1A. Making moves that usally matter no longer matter is amazing. It makes Viola, & the Pats not viable with this tech.

I mean 6A is finally useful on CH. It's has the same stun animation as CH 1A. Making moves that usally matter no longer matter is amazing. It makes Viola, & the Pats not viable with this tech.
Make moves that usually matter no longer matter? Now I'm confused...

Make moves that usually matter no longer matter? Now I'm confused...

It's tech that I found a long time ago. It was so good it was one of the reasons why I dropped Xianghua because it was powerful, but it became even stronger and will lead to 10-0 matchups with Xianghua when she returns. With Leixia, it's balanced.

It's tech that I found a long time ago. It was so good it was one of the reasons why I dropped Xianghua because it was powerful, but it became even stronger and will lead to 10-0 matchups with Xianghua when she returns. With Leixia, it's balanced.
Still didn't explain what tech you're talking about, but if you say so.

44B+K with Leixia is great for iFC 3B combos. GI in SCVI is just like it is in SCV. Xianghua will always get iFC 3B combos.

44B+K granting iFC 3B is only if you GI the move reeeeally late.

I know about slower vertical slashs & vertical kicks. My point is iFC 3B is going to a lot via duck punishing Highs & 44B+K aGI. Not only that making nearly every Horizontal & Thrusting Vertical not matter with 4A+B is fine.

I can see Soul Charge Mode with Xianghua. All launchers except 4A+B ~ 1BA ~ 33_99BB, 44KB, 66KB(GB), 6B+K(GB), A+B(GB), 3B+KK.

The goddess is coming back. Even with Leixia damage, Xianghua is going to be insane in SCVI.

I know about slower vertical slashs & vertical kicks. My point is iFC 3B is going to a lot via duck punishing Highs & 44B+K aGI. Not only that making nearly every Horizontal & Thrusting Vertical not matter with 4A+B is fine.

I can see Soul Charge Mode with Xianghua. All launchers except 4A+B ~ 1BA ~ 33_99BB, 44KB, 66KB(GB), 6B+K(GB), A+B(GB), 3B+KK.

The goddess is coming back. Even with Leixia damage, Xianghua is going to be insane in SCVI.
...I dunno know what you're even saying anymore

Back