Leixia Videos & Discussion

Is Xiba's 6BK the one where he uses the staff and then does a little sidestep before kicking you? I can't remember and I'm not home at the moment (or even in my home country) but the move I just described can be interrupted by 4K (which sets up for CE) and presumably any horizontal with enough range of similar speed.

As for the vs. Pyrrha video:
(I'm not very good, but I believe these are good pieces of advice)

* Stop blocking/backstepping when you have frame advantage. Like after hitting with 6KK or AA or whatever. You have frame advantage. There's literally no way for them outspeed you unless you do a slow move and they poke. Just do a fast and safe move that does guard damage at the very least.
* Don't AAB too much on block. It's stabbable. Your opponent didn't stab it on block, but keep that in mind.
* Stop pushing buttons/moving after moves that are clearly unsafe unless you block afterwars. Like 3A+B. It's -10 on block. If the opponent blocks it, do not do another move unless it's the very least an evasive one.
* If you block a stab, unless Pyrrha double-stepped before it, 3B her face. 3B combos >>> 6KK (where damage is concerned).
* Don't be afraid to respond with 66K after blocking a move. It's faster than 3B (but 1 frame slower than 6KK) and catches stepping. It's also safe (unless you're facing Natsu or Alpha Patroklos with meter).
* If you can't time FC3B to go through the 2nd hit of Pyrrha's 66BB[BE], a regular GI will do just fine.

No, the Maxi player wasn't new, but it's been quite a while since his last matches. That could be said about many players here.

It's quite a shame that we only recorded two FT3s from the tournament (from daG and me), because we had a really nice FT10 in casuals which went 10:9 for him. That would have been more entertaining to watch.

Some games featuring @jimmypikachuchoi from Midland Warfare. (for those who haven't seen them)

vs. FenrisZero (Mitsurugi)

vs. Hawkeye (Natsu)

vs. FozzyGuard (Astaroth/Cervantes)

vs. SaltyFist (Zwei)

thx for linking those matches. awesome matches zero like I said in the other thread. you really show your knowledge with the character imo.

thx for linking those matches. awesome matches zero like I said in the other thread. you really show your knowledge with the character imo.
Thanks. Lately it's just felt as if I've gotten to the point where I understand everything better. Just like, what's going on during a match and why people throw out certain things. (even if they appear to be dumb decisions at first).

But... I'm still throwing away chances to win at crucial times. "Choke" is a generic term to describe it, but it's more like overthinking and not reacting. I feel like my whiff punishing has improved by a lot since ECT, but I just have to be more conscious of expecting the moves I throw out to hit 100% of the time, and if it doesn't, I react accordingly.

Also, I wanna ask your opinion on Mitsu/Leixia since you seem to be better in that MU than me, even though I've played and beat JJJ more often. But I'll probably just take that to PMs because I have a theory that I haven't tested yet that may work wonders.

Whaaaaat? Why so secret? I struggle badly with this matchup. :<
Lol, it's still not gonna change the fact that it's one of her worst matchups. But it's mostly reaction based and full of theory that, as I said, I haven't gotten to test in real matches. If anything, it's just meant to help with dealing with his in close mixup better.

This one's a little different. I was Pyrrha instead, but got stuck with a Ely that got Leixia first round and just pooped all over me like I was free (I'm inexpensive, not free!) so I was wondering how they pulled that off. I won the match, but that first round still really flustered me.

EDIT: Fixed things.

I watched the one vs SaltyFist. Awesome stuff. It gave me some ideas. I wasn't using WR B(BE) on wake up (me getting up). I think I'll try it out. And for some weird reason I had completely forgotten about 1K, lately.

Here are a few matches of my own. I only got to play online as Leixia yesterday (I'm having some router issues).

These matches vs the Xiba player were our last in a long session. Because another guy joined the session lately, I ended up having only these two matches on the battle log. A shame. We were already kinda tired then. The fights in the middle of the session were much better.

And here some matches against a guy who joined our session. Kinda hard to gauge how good he is. He'd do some weird stuff, but he had some good qualities.

Tips are appreciated, even though I think I'll leave Leixia, to adopt my next character, soon.

I have to watch all of them but I saw the Natsu match and honestly... it just looked like that guy either really knows the Lex MU, or plays Leixia himself. The way he was getting around your strings was stuff only people with leixia experience can do. Natsu is a character that you want to zone out more instead of slugging it out in her face. It looked like you could've won a couple times at the end, and I'm assuming lag caused you to miss the 6KK punishes.

Also, I wanna ask your opinion on Mitsu/Leixia

I know I wasn't the one this was directed at me but I find a couple moves extremely useful when dealing with him.

- 4A+B - (assuming you can read your opponent or your reaction time is good) shuts down Mitsu's 4B
- 1B+K - Useful when your opponent wants to delay a 3B BE
- 8K - I love 8K in general because of how late you can input it and still jump any low; can help you deal with 6B2 (JF), 1A, and 2K. B if your looking for it (still fairly strict timing though)

Other than this I don't have any other moves that will help so much as strategies and general rules that help.
Examples:
-Don't let Mitsu start getting to aggressive - (at least for me) When I start getting pressured by some seriously guard damaging moves, I get anxious and make a mistake while either trying to reverse or neutralize the flow of the match.
-Don't get caught standing around (guarding) - leaves you vulnerable to close up 50-50's (ex 2K.B/3B/grabs)
-etc. etc.

Don't know if that helped at all but those are my 2 cents.

so I was wondering how they pulled that off. I won the match, but that first round still really flustered me.

It seemed that you just had an unlucky round (or possibly your opponent took advantage of the *awkward silence*). I dub it *awkward silence* because it's a weird time frame where both your opponent and you are either in a neutral stance or blocking and decide to attack at nearly identical times. This is more of a read on countering your opponent by taking a guess at when they are going to attack. Although based on the footage it seemed that he/she was a really aggressive opponent and was catching you when you were either trying to step or attack.

After watching your other vids, I noticed that most of the players you fought were moderately - extremely aggressive and that a decent amount of the time you were getting hit by attacks that either didn't make sense (opponent attacks when negative - the guy in the first vid did this a lot) or by attacks that interrupted you while you were either stepping or trying to attack (most notably 22/88B).

I agree with Zero about the Natsu player. He or she seemed to have a decent understanding on the basics of Leixia and took advantage of it by JG'ing at crucial times and even GI'ing the end of your AA.BE.

As for advice, I would have either become more aggressive (kick 'em in the face fo disrespectin yo mixup options and attacking while negative) or focus more on defense and look for opportunities to punish negative moves and whatnot.

Hope that helped, and sorry if I overstepped my bounds, I find myself choking against high and low level players all the time so your not alone XD.

Natsu is a character that you want to zone out more instead of slugging it out in her face. It looked like you could've won a couple times at the end, and I'm assuming lag caused you to miss the 6KK punishes.
I'm not sure how to go about zoning her out. I like to be at 44A tip range, but she can get me with 66B from there. 6KK punishes? Maybe it was lag. I don't feel like I can hit them consistently offline either though. And the only ones I know are A:6 which doesn't actually count and 22B.

Back