Leona's SCVI CaS Compilaton ~ Beat 'em Up, Dress 'em Up

Leona

[10] Knight
A tale of fighters and fashion, eternally retold...

It's been nearly 7 years since I posted my SCV Create-a-Soul compilation. In that time, I've finished school, got a job, got another job, and somehow, I'm still here - playing with action figures dolls and making 'em fight each other. I guess some things never change, huh? ;)

So! Not to go against tradition, let's start with our (reimagined) royal couple:

CCThumb.jpg
montethumb.jpg

"Aww, look! They have matching outfits and everything! That's so... lazy."
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181108124303 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181108124426 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181108124353 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181110164035 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181110164132 -.jpg

At one point, I went through and redesigned most of the characters of this particular story, Clarissa being the hardest-hit of the lot. Gone is the red hair, and in is actual armor and cold-weather gear. I switched her fighting style as well, since Xianghua's light, quick and playful style doesn't suit the heavy, armored look. Geralt's isn't quite a perfect match, but the dominating, no-nonsense stance and emphasis on a silver sword fits her well enough. While this isn't quite the "truest" iteration of her design, I do like the direction it's going - although, I still feel like it's somewhat lacking in character detail. I think both of these characters will ultimately have updates and alternate costumes made as I unlock more pieces and learn my way around the new system better.
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181115181405 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181115181613 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181110163757 -.jpg

He's all glow'd up! I wanted to take Monte in a different direction this time around, making an older, more confident iteration to suit his inevitable promotion from "Prince" to "King". Ironically, though, he feels a bit less ornate than he did before, I think - maybe some more gold accents, more vibrant patterns.

Next up, something a bit sillier! Let's face it, though, these characters appear in every list, whether we admit it or not.

a-thumbs.jpg

"Now that's what I call horny! Get it? Ehh? Ehhhh?"
View attachment 57345
a-standingcomp.jpg

a-backcomp.jpg

a-clash.jpg

a-specialsuc.jpg

These two were mostly an excuse to play with the new race feature, but they double as a way to utilize some of the, less-practical pieces in the game's wardrobe. Incubus had originally been using Voldo's fighting style while Succubus used Ivy, but ultimately, I thought it was funnier to think that they both played the exact same way. As well, I'd used parts of Voldo's costume in the Incubus design, so it felt a little cheap. (But I guess Succubus still uses some of Ivy's pieces...) It was pretty fun trying to come up with two designs that were supposed to be "opposite", and yet still in the same basic vein. Honestly, though? I think Incubus might have managed to get through this with less skin than his female counterpart. But, I do like how the Strategist bodysuit is cut just low enough in the back to have his tail poke out.

altthumb.jpg

"She's there... the Phantom of the Copyright Infringement...."
alt-02.jpg

alt-03.jpg

alt-01.jpg

Also available in the original, less-villain-coded color scheme:

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181029145929 -.jpg

My first completed CaS for SCVI, Stella! I was originally going for an automaton vibe, but I couldn't get the items I wanted to work with the actual Automaton race, so I took it in a different direction and went for a Malfested instead. The end result was Stella: a renown opera singer mutated into a brutal, siren-like monster by the influence of Soul Edge. The choice of Zasalamel's style was a tentative one; it was sort of left over from the original concept and never changed. I liked the stellar motif in the scythe, so I kept it.

docthumb.jpg

"What's up, do - you know what? Nevermind, I don't want to know."
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181109180146 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181109180028 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181109180207 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181109180323 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181109181845 -.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181109181902 -.jpg

My original plan was to make a fairly straightforward plague doctor, but when that didn't work out, I wound up piecing together something that feels very unintentionally Bloodbourne-esque. I quite like how it turned out, though - it feels a little plague doctor, a little grim reaper, and maybe just a little Jack the Ripper, too. I'd wanted to use dirt stickers to add dried blood to his costume, but the colors weren't quite vibrant enough - but, the dirt and grime still work to rough up the nicer pieces of his outfit. I'm still not quite sold on the skull pauldrons, but I wanted to hide the skin of his arms and the tufts of tattered cloth add a nice wing-like effect.

And that's enough for today! I have a few more designs already made, and plenty of works in progress down the line. Updates will probably be slow, as I don't have much free time at the moment, but more is definitely on the way.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181029150917 (2)-.jpg
    SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181029150917 (2)-.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Whoops, I seem to have broken the images in the thread already! I'll see if I can fix 'em real quick.

EDIT: All right, screens are back in place! I guess I'll just have to live with that "attachments" partition on the post for now. ;D

Last edited:
I agree with Umbra above, the Doc is definitely a highlight, I love these kinds of themes like plague doctors, Bloodborne/Victorian England/steampunk-ish, Middle Ages and so on! :)
Looking forward to more friend :D

Back