Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGTHEGEMINI

[12] Conqueror
If anyone did NOT notice that until now, then just watch these 2 gameplay videos:

Only one RE at the beginning, the rest without:

Compared to CONSTANT RE usage:

This feature is for beginners, like Namco already mentioned. BUT it takes SO much more away...
The beauty and fluidity of the fight is destroyed. "Pure" gameplay experience crippled... NO
And I am not even talking about it´s gameplay influence here, but the "distractions" it causes

#getreversaledgeoutofthering

Well, you'll just have to step and punish and you'll never see RE in action. Watch the gameplay in the vid of HBTW and Andy (Groh vs Kilik) and you'll see it's not so obnoxious.

It's a good tool to get beginners hyped and interested in the game, and it looks really neat, which will be good for viewership.

It's not hard to deal with (as Zutus mentioned above), and it seems to have plenty of options in it to keep it fresh.

Think of a more fleshed-out and cinematic Focus Attack from Street Fighter 4.

If you hate the way it looks/the time it takes, here's an easy solution: don't use it, and don't get hit by it. :p Probably won't see much of it in high-level play as we saw at the CEO exhibition the other day.

if you can not see the utility of a mechanic that gives you meter, reverses pressure, and creates a guessing game in your favor maybe fighting games are not for you

edit: oh you can also kill with it pre guessing game

reversal edge is a 100% unnecessary risk for bandai namco, but now its a reality and its here. in the current build is a really easy way to change skill per luck. for me RE needs to be toned down and limit his use.

-the activation seems instant, not sure, but maybe needs a little delay

-RE should not parry grabs. parry a hand with a sword is really absurd.

-and the most important, his use really needs to be limited. for me the best way to do this is a energy cost, in the current build the 1st hit of RE give you a 25% of a energy bar (more or less), putting this 25% in cost, if you miss the RE you lose this energy but if you have success you recover the energy. maybe this can be a way to limit his use

these are my ideas, maybe some one have better ideas or love the current state of RE. the rest of the mechanics looks fantastic, but I'm really worried with RE.

Reversal Edge is super useful in competent play. Say what you want about the casual aspect, but if you think the mechanic is only for beginners then you clearly haven't been watching enough footage of competent players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back