Let's pretend we're developing a Soul Calibur game together.

Just remember Patroklos started to change at the end of the story, so he will be more mature for SC6. Same goes for Phyrra.

In that case, I wonder which style he'll keep in SCVI: Setsuka's or his own.
Better be his own. Even if they change a bit and remove the shield, so people will not complain about "too many sword and shield users" Just and idea.
But anyway, PS has shown in LS that they prefer Patroklos with his style and not Patsuka. This, and the fact that A-Pat profile no longer exists, almost confirm Patroklos with his style for SC6.

In that case, I wonder which style he'll keep in SCVI: Setsuka's or his own.
He shall keep using Setsuka's style, since he is better with it.
Better be his own. Even if they change a bit and remove the shield, so people will not complain about "too many sword and shield users" Just and idea.
But anyway, PS has shown in LS that they prefer Patroklos with his style and not Patsuka. This, and the fact that A-Pat profile no longer exists, almost confirm Patroklos with his style for SC6.
I think they did it because. you know... SPOILERS!

Well, another thing we could do is bring back old songs as DLC, but instead of using the original versions, they should rearrange them from scratch, just like what Nintendo did for Mario Kart 8 with the retro tracks.

Last edited:
My idea may sound extreme, I usually stick with the original game developers plan, but I'll go for it anyway. I think the majority of consumers bought this game mainly cuz of CAS and since I assume that this feature maybe the winning bread here, I think CAS maybe the main feature for the next SC iteration.

So what does that mean for the original cast? They will be made out of CAS parts as original presets. However, it shouldn't be from some weak ass tool set for character creation. The tools for creating a character should be powerful enough for even character modelers to give the nod.

I'm insane I know.

My idea may sound extreme, I usually stick with the original game developers plan, but I'll go for it anyway. I think the majority of consumers bought this game mainly cuz of CAS and since I assume that this feature maybe the winning bread here, I think CAS maybe the main feature for the next SC iteration.

So what does that mean for the original cast? They will be made out of CAS parts as original presets. However, it shouldn't be from some weak ass tool set for character creation. The tools for creating a character should be powerful enough for even character modelers to give the nod.

I'm insane I know.

I'm not sure if they would make CaS the main focus for next instalment...

Having said that, I think they could do a lot more with CaS, like giving them more personality!
Such as:
  • Being able to adjust win, intro, and lose poses for each style.
    • Also being able to adjust camera angles for win and intro poses.
  • Being able to adjust win, intro, and lose quotes for each voice.
  • Being able to adjust facial expressions for snapshots, win poses, intro poses, and lose poses.
    • We could edit the eye and mouth expressions separately.
  • Being able to use the attack animations for snapshots.

Last edited:
I doubt they will but since we're pretending to be developers, the first thing I would go for is fighting styles that would cater a player's play style.

Some players would mainly rush-in, while some would like to turtle back, and some would have a mix in in-betweens. Great, maybe let the players develop areas in their play style as they level up their character.

I doubt they will but since we're pretending to be developers, the first thing I would go for is fighting styles that would cater a player's play style.

Some players would mainly rush-in, while some would like to turtle back, and some would have a mix in in-betweens. Great, maybe let the players develop areas in their play style as they level up their character.

I would reintroduce CaS exclusive styles, including giving them Patroklos' sword and shield style, just so people like Blueboyb would not be screwed over. I would also tie them to bonus characters to save tournament organizers the trouble of having to make CaS.

Just remember Patroklos started to change at the end of the story, so he will be more mature for SC6. Same goes for Phyrra.
I can't believe I'm quoting TVTropes on this but I couldn't have said it better myself:

• Designated Hero: Patroklos is what happens when you try to compress the totality of Siegfried's character progression in the past five titles into one abbreviated story, but ramp up every flaw of his to the point of anti-endearment. Despite SCV trying its damnedest to make you accept him as the series' new hero, it is Pyrrha, his wallflower of a sister, who comes across as a more strong-willed and heroic character, and she's the one who spends most of the game doing Tira's bidding. Yes, the Designated Villain of the game is more of a hero than its supposed lead. When Patroklos is challenged on the legitimacy of his status as Soul Calibur's inheritor and told that he lacks resolve, one wonders why the sword simply didn't change hands to Z.W.E.I. or back to Siegfried (or why it stopped working for Siegfried at all) as the plot naturally shoehorns in half-baked explanations to continue "justifying" the guy's almost non-existent hero credentials. (Face it, if Yoshimitsu declares you an evildoer, he probably has a good reason to do so.) He does slowly move away from this, though a downright horrific Establishing Character Moment at the end of his first chapter (see Never Live It Down below) makes it hard for many to recognize any subsequent growth as a character from Patroklos. His poorly paced character development really doesn't help.

But he was different at the end, when he drop defeat Elysium(So is himself and not Soul Calibur) No matter how you look, he change at the end for good, and that what is matters.
Anyway, we don't know is all of this are going to be canon or not. And will not know until PS/Hoshino confirmed anything.

It doesn't matter if he changed in the end, people will hold what he had been doing for most of the story against him if returns. Not to mention the massive incest overtones really creeped fans out. Fans don't like him, and it would take a miracle to redeem him in their eyes.

Also, when Patroklos was announced for LS. I saw numerous comments yelling "NO!!!". It seems like practically no one wants him around.

It doesn't matter if he changed in the end, people will hold what he had been doing for most of the story against him if returns. Not to mention the massive incest overtones really creeped fans out. Fans don't like him, and it would take a miracle to redeem him in their eyes.

Also, when Patroklos was announced for LS. I saw numerous comments yelling "NO!!!". It seems like practically no one wants him around.
He's like Justin Bieber: No one wants his sorry ass...well, except the fangirls.

Can we put this thread back on topic? I don't want the mods to close the thread on the grounds that it's become a "Reasons why Patroklos sucks" thread.

Can we put this thread back on topic? I don't want the mods to close the thread on the grounds that it's become a "Reasons why Patroklos sucks" thread.
But it is on topic. Patroklos and the rest of the new SCV characters are poison to the series. If we were developing an SC game, we would ideally remove them.

I would reintroduce CaS exclusive styles, including giving them Patroklos' sword and shield style, just so people like Blueboyb would not be screwed over. I would also tie them to bonus characters to save tournament organizers the trouble of having to make CaS.
If ppl want to play Patroklos they can, he's already made from CaS preset parts.

I do agree to an extent that CaS should have exclusive move sets, but there are going to be moves they will take from the original cast. What they cannot take are the originals' signature move sets; I'm talking Cervy's iGDR and GDR; Hilde's A charge and B charge attacks, but that does not stop there, there are unique looking weapons that CaS shouldn't have like Ivy's whip sword, Cervy's pistol sword, Tira's ring blade. CaS should have more of the common traditional weapons.

The beauty of having original cast and CaS is that some of the originals give players an idea and guide line on where their play style falls, then with CaS, with the level up system, they can further tweak move sets that may fit more of their style of play. At the same time the originals serve themselves as more outstanding characters than CaS with their own signature move sets and some of their exclusive weaponry. Ivy can't be Ivy w/o her signature moves and her whip sword; Tira can't be Tira w/o her ring blade and her special gymnastic moves; and Cervy can't be Cervy w/o his sword pistol and his dread charge set.

Last edited:
Back