Let's pretend we're developing a Soul Calibur game together.

Soul Calibur, as shown by Tekken, isn't made by a company that has a bad time creating something just because of more characters. This doesn't need to be a one or the other kind of deal, unless they really shaft the Soul Calibur team going forward.

Yeah but the new characters have such a small fanbase that it wouldn't be worth it. They would have to either cut out a lot of characters like they did last game or include a much larger roster and SC4 and 5 were already pushing it with almost 30 characters.

I feel like only fighting game communities have so much trouble with story progression.

I think it has less to do with the story and more to do with the new characters not being very good.

First thing for sure that i'll do is not allowing CaS in Ranking Matches. And add filters On/Off for CaS in Casual Matches and Lobbies.

Or maybe do something like: Normal Ranking matches & CaS Ranking matches. With each having their own leaderboards.

And i'll fire the guy that tell me that it would be a good idea to make Kilik as a Mimic Character.

First thing for sure that i'll do is not allowing CaS in Ranking Matches. And add filters On/Off for CaS in Casual Matches and Lobbies.

Or maybe do something like: Normal Ranking matches & CaS Ranking matches. With each having their own leaderboards.

And i'll fire the guy that tell me that it would be a good idea to make Kilik as a Mimic Character.
That is something I'd like to see. The ability to turn off the CaS for rooms would be great so the casual players and competitive players will be able to play without either side stepping each other's boundaries.

To add on it, on the character select screen, the slot that holds all your CaS will not be visible and will remain blank with the word "unavailable" if the CaS is turned off.

Back