Let's pretend we're developing a Soul Calibur game together.

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
Let's pretend we're developers at Project Soul and we're developing a Soul Calibur game.

If I was the head of things, I'd do my best to make sure the appeal to both casual and competitive gamers. So since I may need help with trying to develop the game, I'll seek the help of fellow members to figure out what to bring in, what to keep, and what to scrap...

Why isn't this in the Soul Calibur 6 Discussion thread?
I want this thread live on, even after a Soul Calibur 6 is announced and released!

A Potential New Character!

Name: Unknown (I haven't figured one out yet...).
Weapon: Dual Claws (Great speed, attack power, and ease of use, but pitiful reach and attack rate.)
Reasons for battling: To claim a bounty on the Malfested Bringer of Woe herself...

A Potential CaS Story-Mode!
An RPG-ike adventure that takes place in the SCV-era where your created characters can interact with characters from both current and past generations. You make two characters, a main and a subordinate (in other words, a sidekick) to go on an adventure to seek out Soul Edge for great glory, meeting familiar faces along the way.

Eventually, your main character succumbs to Soul Edge's influence, becoming a malfested and goes on a rampage! It's up to the sidekick to free your main and bring him/her back to the party. Upon learning the truth about the cursed sword, they now seek to find a way to destroy it...

I'm still trying to brainstorm new ideas, but I'm open to new ideas that are not mine.
If you have any questions regarding my ideas, please feel free to ask!

Yea, it's a great way to get the opinions of all 12 regulars who actually still spend their money at an arcade.

I would make Patroklos' 66b+g grab an INFINITE during an overkill. Kappa@Blueboyb

Brace yourselves: the rage quitters are coming.

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool have someone with a spear with swords on both ends and can pull apart the two swords and have one in each hand as a stance.

The stance with both swords connected on the ends have amazing horizontals and the stance where he has swords in each hands have great verticals

Arcades are still alive and well in Japan...

I know. I've been there. And I've watched those fools dodge fights like there's no tomorrow. Clowns would rather grind CPU fights to unlock crap than actually fight another human most of the time. I mean there's introverts and then there's the Japanese.

Can't convince me those pups are worth beta testing anything -- especially since they typically cry bitch and moan at the kind of things the West enjoys when it comes to fighters. The handful of them that actually ARE competitive enthusiasts and not grinding to unlock a new shade of underwear hardly justify an arcade release.

Really it's to ensure better single payer content when ported to consoles, but OK...

Lets bring all the old characters back, because keeping the replacements will drive people away just as fast as if the game were literally covered in dog shit.

Lets bring all the old characters back, because keeping the replacements will drive people away just as fast as if the game were literally covered in dog shit.

I'm sure some of the new characters have their fans... I want to be fair to everybody.

I doubt we'll be able bring Everybody back, but I have an idea.

If we make a story mode, it'll take place in two time periods: shortly after SC4 and shortly after SC5. The main characters shall be :sc4cas1: and :sc5pyr1:.

I'm sure some of the new characters have their fans... I want to be fair to everybody.

I doubt we'll be able bring Everybody back, but I have an idea.

If we make a story mode, it'll take place in two time periods: shortly after SC4 and shortly after SC5. The main characters shall be :sc4cas1: and :sc5pyr1:.
How many fans? The amount of people who like Patroklos as character (not as a moveset) can be counted with one hand.

Back