Let's see you dance! Tira matchfinder.

RASKALL95 ADD ME BEECHEZ. Joking (But do add me)

Currently residing in the UK and would like to face some more UK players for some friendly casual matches. I main Natsu but have recently started to use Tira while exploring new styles and would love to test on my Tira on other players here on 8WR.

Sounds like something I'd write for a dating site.. -.-

Silent-HIKARI
Brazil. so my conection is not great.....
My net is not bad... 3 bars with most USA
so hope to see you guys online and play , and sorry if my net does not go so good is really not what i meant to be sorry, but i hope occurs all good =D

RASKALL95 ADD ME BEECHEZ. Joking (But do add me)

Currently residing in the UK and would like to face some more UK players for some friendly casual matches. I main Natsu but have recently started to use Tira while exploring new styles and would love to test on my Tira on other players here on 8WR.

Sounds like something I'd write for a dating site.. -.-
You anywhere near London? We play offline in London quite a bit. We're playing tomorrow (Friday) in fact in the HMV at Piccadilly Circus.

Hey all!
First post!
Looking for some matches and tips since I'm new to Tira and SC in general. :) It's quite hard coming from Tekken, still adapting.

XBL: TG Porcelain
UK Connection.

Hey all!
First post!
Looking for some matches and tips since I'm new to Tira and SC in general. :) It's quite hard coming from Tekken, still adapting.

XBL: TG Porcelain
UK Connection.
There are a few UK XBL players with tags listed in the thread. Have a look out for us.

I am no good at Tekken at all but I imagine the main things to do when coming to SCV are:

-remember your G button, blocking is very important in SC
-play a lot of matches against lots of different characters, to try to get used to your own attacks, and the attacks your opponents use that cause you problems
-you can mash out the attack buttons while blocking to break grabs (it's a simple 50/50 in this game and very important)
-if you were a pretty advanced Tekken player you might find Tira's frame data useful :
http://8wayrun.com/wiki/tira-frame-data-sc5/
but playing the game is the most important thing, frame data becomes helpful if you want to compete in tournaments.

There are a few UK XBL players with tags listed in the thread. Have a look out for us.

I am no good at Tekken at all but I imagine the main things to do when coming to SCV are:

-remember your G button, blocking is very important in SC
-play a lot of matches against lots of different characters, to try to get used to your own attacks, and the attacks your opponents use that cause you problems
-you can mash out the attack buttons while blocking to break grabs (it's a simple 50/50 in this game and very important)
-if you were a pretty advanced Tekken player you might find Tira's frame data useful :
http://8wayrun.com/wiki/tira-frame-data-sc5/
but playing the game is the most important thing, frame data becomes helpful if you want to compete in tournaments.

Great, thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at the FData now.

It's been frustrating the last few days, training with a lot of decent players online beating you hardcore, but I guess it's all part and parcel. Not to mention as a dedicated Xiaoyu player, the non-guaranteed stances are truly baffling!

I'll add a few people off this thread!

Great, thanks for the tips. I'll take a look at the FData now.

It's been frustrating the last few days, training with a lot of decent players online beating you hardcore, but I guess it's all part and parcel. Not to mention as a dedicated Xiaoyu player, the non-guaranteed stances are truly baffling!

I'll add a few people off this thread!
Best not to think of them as stances. Tira is more like two separate characters, who show their respective faces at different times. Jolly Side Tira is a relatively weak character with a few very useful attacks, but also some considerable weaknesses. Gloomy Side Tira has fewer weaknesses and is stronger than JS Tira in most (but not all) aspects, and can deal a huge amount of damage.

Transitioning between the 'moods' is not entirely random, but is based on probability. There are a number of strategies you can employ to try to remain in the mood of your choosing (usually GS). Tira's taunt has a very high chance of switching mood for example, and when losing 60% of her health bar, she will always transition.

Best not to think of them as stances. Tira is more like two separate characters, who show their respective faces at different times. Jolly Side Tira is a relatively weak character with a few very useful attacks, but also some considerable weaknesses. Gloomy Side Tira has fewer weaknesses and is stronger than JS Tira in most (but not all) aspects, and can deal a huge amount of damage.

Transitioning between the 'moods' is not entirely random, but is based on probability. There are a number of strategies you can employ to try to remain in the mood of your choosing (usually GS). Tira's taunt has a very high chance of switching mood for example, and when losing 60% of her health bar, she will always transition.

Well that's something to hold onto! I'll keep it in mind.
I find myself using 4K a lot trying to get into GS, I also rarely do edge attacks (which normally leaves me with full gauge for most of the game!), are they a big part of her pressure game? Also when I fight, opponents tend to use a lot of edge attacks, but I just see it as a waste. Could this be where I'm going wrong?

It'd definitely help to use them, they've all got their uses.

236kA+B+K: Use it when you just want to hit low outside your normal range, have just knocked down your foe, or just want a chance to shift personas.

JS 66bA+B+K: Use it when you knock your foe down, it relaunches themand has a chance of shifting back into Gloomy.

GS 66bA+B+K/GS 666bA+B+K: Use it, whaddaya know, when you knock your foe down and to finish off combos. Add in that extra 6 for more damage and better chances of remaining in Gloomy.

critical edge: Whiff punish! Bait them into using an attack with a slower recovery and throw it out there. Jolly's version does less damage but has a 100% chance of shifting to Gloomy.

It'd definitely help to use them, they've all got their uses.

236kA+B+K: Use it when you just want to hit low outside your normal range, have just knocked down your foe, or just want a chance to shift personas.

Definitely uses for 236kA+B+K...an amazing move like Wandrian said. To add to it, you still want to be careful when using it after knocking down opponents. Characters like Nightmare or Xiba with auto-GI CEs will make you pay for your over-aggressiveness. A lesson I've personally learned a few times.

*shakes head, facepalms*

...Of course I'd forget GS 3AaA+B+K. Use that thing for showing your foe not to underestimate hulahoops, wallsplats, and just plain giving them a shitton of damage at close range. Hit confirmable, but it's probably more vulnerable to aGIs than anything else Tira has since...well, a decent foe is going to expect it at close range. Oh, and use it when you knock your foe down. It looks weird to hulahoop over your foe, but when it works it works >:)

I tried and.. Don't really get the point of the 3A on a down opponent..?
I mean, he just WTFPWN me after and i get nothing out of it :/

What it is supposed to do..?

Wow - it's been FOREVER since I've been here, but I've been playing SC5 a lot lately, and since my SC4 mains are all gone, Tira is my new love! I would definitely like to get some MM's in with fellow Tira players!
My PSN used to be Large_Yeti, but it's now L_Y_SCV
Add/invite!

Currently living in California. I'm randomly online. If anyone wants to get some matches in shoot me a message ^_^

PSN: Glbrt

Back