Lifeforce and Aura Interactions.

XZero264

[05] Battler
Was messing around in Training Mode and found that Hwang's Auras hold some interesting interactions with Lifeforce count and the status of yourself and the opponent. Below is what I've found so far (video at the end of the post):
-You can be refunded/granted specific values of Lifeforce upon activating Auras while both players are under specific conditions.
-If you activate an Aura while under the effects of the same Aura you will not be refunded any Lifeforce. This is important and keep this in mind because I do not repeat this through the text.
-These effects can activate as many times as you fulfill the specific requirements.
-You will know you are refunded/granted Lifeforce with a visual effect and a special sound effect at the time of the Lifeforce being refunded/granted.

To clear any confusion on what I mean by refund and grant before we get into this:
-When I say "Refund" it means that you still are paying the 1 Lifeforce to activate the aura and then you are granted the refund value. For example, if you activate an aura that costs 1 Lifeforce to activate and you fulfill the requirements to gain 2 Lifeforce you first pay the 1 value and then are immediately granted the 2 value, making you have a net gain of 1 Lifeforce. If you have 1 Lifeforce before you activate, you pay 1 to activate the aura (you now have 0 Lifeforce). If you meet a requirement to gain 2 Lifeforce you are then immediately granted 2 Life force and you now have a total Lifeforce of 2.
-When I say "granted" it means that you pay no activation value at the time you meet the specific requirements.

Resolve
-If you activate Resolve while at Low Health you will be refunded 1 Lifeforce.
-If you drop to low health while in Resolve you will be granted 1 Lifeforce. This still applies if you are in Resolve, heal above 30%, then drop below 30% while under the same Resolve aura activation.
-You are not granted any Lifeforce if your opponent drops to low health.

Devastation
-Activating Devastation while the opponent is in Soul Charge will refund 2 Lifeforce.
-If you are in Devastation and the opponent enters Soul Charge by any means (4A+B+K or 236A+B+K) will grant 2 Lifeforce.
-You are not granted any Lifeforce by entering Soul Charge.

Might
-Activating Might while your Guard Gauge is low will refund 2 Lifeforce.
-If you enter low Guard Gauge while under Might you will be granted 2 Lifeforce.
-You are not granted any Lifeforce if your opponent is in Low Guard Gauge or enters Low Guard Gauge.

Iron Will
-I can't find any outright way to refund Lifeforce Values for Iron Will upon activation (keep in mind Iron Will can only be used in Soul Charge and will cancel it).
-Lifeforce only seems to be granted upon successful Lifeforce Technique hits.
-Lifeforce techniques grant different values based on the attacks that are used (because attacks are considered Counters the values do not change). They are as follows:
A+B +6
6B+K +3 and Lethal Hit
Divine Wings BB +1
Divine Wings B(hold)B +6
236A+B+K +9

There are ways to infinitely gain Lifeforce by meeting multiple requirements at once and cycle between Auras.
Ex. If you are low health and low guard gauge you can cycle between Resolve and Might to gain 1 Lifeforce per cycle.
Ex. If you are low guard and opponent is Soul Charged cycle between Might and Devastation with a gain of 1 Lifeforce per Aura change. This is the fastest way to gain Lifeforce when not affected by Iron Will but is only applicable while the opponent is in Soul Charge.
Ex. If you are low health + low guard gauge and your opponent is in Soul Charge you cannot lose Lifeforce values except by activating Iron Will or using the same Aura multiple times in a row.

Below is a video summation of what I've found.

Last edited:
Back