Lizardman Online: Lag Tactics: 1K Controversey

onlywingedangel

[09] Warrior
There is a controversy for me around 1[K] its one of Lizardman's best moves. and even offline its not blocked too often (unless you are so used to fighting Lizard) as well as 1A K. Would they bet considered lag tactics?
I mean 1K although online its very hard to block (most of the time). Usually Mitsu 1A is a constant flamed lag tactic because offline its easy to block and very unsafe which is true with most 1A lag tactics. But 1K isn't the same. Its atcually very useful offline so would it be considered a lag tactic?

I mean anything can be a lag tactic on 1 connection since every low would become near-impossible to block.

I don't consider it to be, but I always don't toss it around. I'll do it after a dash, or I'll use it to tech crouch and opponent's high or grab. Just my opinion is that it isn't because while its an amazing move online its even better offline, where it is one of his better lows pokes and can transition to stance. Just don't go Mitsu-Scrub with it and its cool.

1K_[K] is kinda debatable, but it essentially gives Lizzy a free ticket into Lizard Crawl. That stance can sometimes be annoying as hell to deal with online while not being so much trouble offline.

I'd say that 1A,K is definitely a lag-tactic though. A pretty seeable low (i28 and a fairly obvious startup) that does 57 dmg. The fact that it goes from a low to a mid can fuck the defender over sometimes; even if they block the low, lag might not let them stand back up in time to block the mid. Pair all that with its super unsafeness, (-27 on block = free combo for every character from a move they SHOULD be able to block on reaction) and you've got yourself a really aggravating move.

I used to whore out 1A,K when I first started online and I beat some people I would never stand a chance against thanks to that move. Fortunately, I was called out on it, realized what I was doing, and stopped being a typical lag abusing scrub. Now I'm just a regular scrub, lol.

In short, try to steer clear of 1A,K outside of techtraps and stuff like that. 1K is a little better, but don't go overboard like sephalump said.

I use A,K at certain points when there are worse options I can do. If someone leaves themselves open for something like a 11b combo I might do 1 a, k so I can keep the fact i can do the combo a secret till a good time or because it pushes them back where as 11b moves them the other way. DO NOT use for R.O.s though. That is begging for hate mail. Lizardman has enough power that you shouldn't be hounding on ring outs anyways, but stick to something else.

WTF is that weird advice ?!

you should ring out if you have the opportunity. it's a 240dmg combo !
please remember that the goal of this game is to win, not to "look nice"

online lag tactics are surely not cool, but what problem is there with ring out ?
(as long as it's not from a lag tactic)

RO with 1AK is pretty Lag nasty.
It's like fighting a 2A+K RO happy Kilik... Terrible!
Just because of the visibility off and invisibility online.

1K should be cool though.

WTF is that weird advice ?!

you should ring out if you have the opportunity. it's a 240dmg combo !
please remember that the goal of this game is to win, not to "look nice"

online lag tactics are surely not cool, but what problem is there with ring out ?
(as long as it's not from a lag tactic)

I'm just saying don't edge hug or rely on ring outs, there's no point in the match if all you do is R.O. someone. I personally think the game is about being "nice" and playing an honorable fun match. Its worked so far for me. And 1 a, k is a lag-tactic if used for a ring out. If you have the oppurtunity to ring out, yeah sure go for it. I do sometimes. If I'm playing astaroth and set my opponent near an edge with 3A+B I might follow it up with a quick 66K which has worked for me so far for ring outs. Or if I'm getting rushed to an edge I'll do his B-command throw to bull rush for R.O. but dont stand at an edge waiting for it...

I'm just saying don't edge hug or rely on ring outs, there's no point in the match if all you do is R.O. someone.

Did you know that there is a character named Hilde? This is competitve although no-ring out matches I prefer and are funner. People will do anything to win.

1K is borderline Lag tactic. I mean, what lows out of LC are you 'spose to do online? Makes it almost impossible to play Lizz at all online. I do and will continue 1K. I, however, don't abuse it. I say it's hard to block on reaction online, but I believe it's blockable with amazing reflexes. (Could be wrong, haven't seen the frame data)

Omg I didn't realize there were people posting in Lizardman board... this is the happiest day of my lifee..

Anyways, I agree with other posters and say 1k, unless you're used to Lizardman is quite difficult to block online, but 1A, K is surely a lag tactic low, unless you heavily set the person up for it beforehand. Not setting it up or using it out of the blue in a laggy match is the same as using a Sophitia 1A, pretty much.

As for Lizardman's crawl stance lows, we know that you should not be 'abusing it', by staying in crawl stance all match, but as long as you aren't spamming the mixups, it's pretty much anything goes (it's basically the same as crane with slightly better moves). Unless it's a laggy match, then it's bad etiquette to use something like A+K, B as that can be extremely difficult to block in lag.

Omg I didn't realize there were people posting in Lizardman board... this is the happiest day of my lifee..

yay! ^_^ lol, me and only talked a bit about lizardman players being rare and we both ended up attempting to revive the forum. But it'll need help and lots of input!

I sometimes use A+K, B for the combo damage, but if I do I won't crawl for the rest of the ground unless its to dodge or for a cheap LC A to end the match. I also won't mix-up prior to using it since I think LC B+K to LC A+K is a jerk move.

I know a guy who blocks 1K consistently. Most people can't though (including myself).

But what would you want to say on the Lizardman forum ? There's not so much about him. He has about 10-15 (strong) pokes such as 66A, three useful combos, his setups are mostly LC or backdash. There's only so much you can say about such a simple character.

It's i23 after all. A few people will block this move offline, it's absolutely impossible to react to it online unless with anticipation.

yay! ^_^ lol, me and only talked a bit about lizardman players being rare and we both ended up attempting to revive the forum. But it'll need help and lots of input!

i could hug you both for that ... i'm a little tired of hearing every Lizzy player saying he's too braindead for discussion ... that's garbage ... character specific match-up discussions, discussions on mix-up strats, all the usual crap is still viable ... there just won't be as much variance between each player's styles as with other characters, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it and share tips and tricks and all get better together ... i'm comitting to breaking the shit out of Lizzy and taking top spots at majors, still have a long way to go to be an Oof, Vicious, or Big Boi but I'll do it thanks to the NYC crew ... the Lizzy forums help each other

I sometimes use A+K, B for the combo damage, but if I do I won't crawl for the rest of the ground unless its to dodge or for a cheap LC A to end the match. I also won't mix-up prior to using it since I think LC B+K to LC A+K is a jerk move.

... ya, a jerk move that combos ... everything you do in LC should depend on the situation ur in and the situation your trying to set-up ... don't rely on crawl for absolutely anything ... use crawl carefully and with a purpose ...

imo proper LC use is one of Lizzy's most powerful tools, but only if you understand the character matchup you're currently playing ... improper or mindless LC use is probably his biggest weakness, so dont do it hehe

Man, this talk is still going? Lizardman is too braindead for discussion. [/end Soul Arena]

No but really, nice job getting this thing fired up again. As far as 1K goes, offline there are probably more people who can't see it consistently than who can. If we're talking about online, like Ring said, there's a 0% chance of seeing it. Just keep that in mind and do what you will, but know that you might not have such a golden mix-up if you try to go offline.

No but really, nice job getting this thing fired up again.

Ty, Lizardman although very basic (besides LC) is still a character and we need to help each other out with the mixups and strats. since Lizardman works very differently aganist characters of all types.

Back