"Look out world... Cause here come Leixia" online delight

Hey everyone!

I'm thinking of hosting a big Leixia get together on XBL this week, most likely on a Tuesday or Thursday night.

The session will focus on building skills with Leixia, getting everyone up to speed on combos, guard breaking, frame traps, spacing, and mixups.

The goal is for a bunch of Leixia's of different skill levels to get together to help everyone up their game.

Message me here, post here, or message me on XBL if you're interested.

Just add me on XBLA and let me know who you are. Sharkz, I'll look for you online and if I'm on SCV just send me a message when you wanna play. :D

I'll be happy to join in the big Leixia practice-off - I have a LONG way to go yet. I'm in England so timing could be hazy though.

Just add me on XBLA and let me know who you are. Sharkz, I'll look for you online and if I'm on SCV just send me a message when you wanna play. :D

I'll be happy to join in the big Leixia practice-off - I have a LONG way to go yet. I'm in England so timing could be hazy though.
Yeah, my XBLA is Sharkz1 and if you see me playing online, feel free to send me a game request!

Okay, so we have 4 people (including me) who are at least tentatively coming on to play.

I'll see if I can't get my old buddy Kurunai to come too. He's the one who trained me in the art of Xianghua back in SCIV.

Edit - Kurunai is on board. Everyone try to bring microphones so we can chat it up.

I'll pick up a mic on the way home so that I can get in on this.

I also have a wireless keyboard hooked up to my Xbox, so I can communicate textually very well.

EDIT: You guys mind if I use Ellie?

I'll be in bed at that point, haha. For some reason I got my time zones mixed up - It'll be 4AM for me by the time your class ends :P

But have fun guys! Is anyone going to be recording it at all?

Sorry I haven't been online to play against anyone here. College gets in the way a lot. Only times I get to play are on the weekend, and I'll usually play offline. But this week starting Thurs. I have Easter break so I should be able to play a decent amount.

Lately I feel like I've been getting even worse. My reads are terrible and I have no idea how to approach. My biggest problem, though, is that I feel like I'm only using like 7 moves. I rarely mix it up and I feel like I use the exact same approach to every opponent. When I watch videos of other Leixias, I think "Wow, that's easy. I can definitely play like that." But then of course I don't. I wish I could record some and show y'all. Maybe I could save some replays and video them with my camera, but the quality would be awful.

Sharkz, I sent you a friend request a few weeks back. Accept me and I can run some sets with you to help you get better.

If I run another "online meet", you can come play with Kurunai, TiZ, and I and I'm sure you'll pick up on new stuff.

Sharkz, I sent you a friend request a few weeks back. Accept me and I can run some sets with you to help you get better.

If I run another "online meet", you can come play with Kurunai, TiZ, and I and I'm sure you'll pick up on new stuff.
Yeah, I just accepted it the other day when I found out it was you. Sorry it took so long. I couldn't figure out who you were for the life of me, haha.

I was going to post this in the video discussion thread, but since I've already talked about it some here, I'll just put it here instead. If someone wants me to move it, then no biggie.

I was able to video a couple of sets with me and my roomate playing some. Might be able to have more up tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to get some of Leixia vs. Maxi. And I'll definitely be putting up some videos of me against random online opponents. Gah, it kills me because I do so badly against people I know I should play better than. Oh well, that's why I'm here.

First video is just a quick 1 set match of me and my friend's Astaroth (which destroys me, hence the 0-10 record). Just excuse the talking between us and another friend in the background. :P

And the second is a couple rounds of me and his Yoshi. I played a bit better against it than I usually do, but that's not really saying much.

So besides some of the obvious answers such as polishing combos, and actually attempting to tech throws (seriously, my fingers can't seem to react fast enough) what are some other things you guys see that could use some improving. Or just some matchup specific tips against these two.

Back