Looking for a decent TV.

CFW

[13] Hero
Yes hello, I'm looking for a new TV.

I've had this TV since 2009, and now it's time to get a new one because...

There are days where it works perfectly fine, and there are days where I can't do anything at all. I can't turn it off when I'm not using it because then when I do turn it on I'll have to wait the entire day for the thick black line to get off the screen. This has gone on far too long and I'm so tired of it.

Also, it's just too big and it tends to make my room hot. I don't like that.

Right now I'm thinking a good decent size would be between 24"-32". It has to have at least two HDMI input ports for my PS3 (looking to get a PS4 soon, so 1080p sounds nice too) and for my cable. Little to no lag, and maybe something under $200? Is that possible? Please help me find a better TV. :(

It got a 32" LED TV from Insignia that ran me down $200. I'm sure it'll meet at least most of your requirements.

I know nothing about TVs, but is it a certain series or type? I've heard or Insignia before, some of their stuff is nice I think. Thank u.

Are monitors good for watching TV and playing games? How long can they last?

I still recommend a television, but if you're really considering a monitor with HDMI, you might want to get a switch-box...

I honestly reckon you're better off waiting a little while longer & saving up an extra $100 if possible & grab yourself a 32' SONY Bravia which has the full 1080p support for that PS4 sexiness & the required HDMI ports so you can hook up both your PS3 & PS4 at the same time. I know waiting can be annoying but you will be rewarded for your patience my friend. Usually with new T.V models coming out every year, the older models tend to drop in price by quite a large chunk so it might be worth your while just waiting it out abit until your local store has a clearance sale. I would strongly suggest going for either a SONY Bravia or LG brand though personally, Samsung also have good quality sets as well, & just to be safe I'd steer clear of plasma T.V's as (atleast in my experience haha!) they tend to be quite prone to screen burn-in problems (not sure how frequent that issue still is now though, but i wouldn't take the risk).

If you're happy to settle for a gaming monitor then i'd suggest going for either an ASUS or a ViewSonic brand which have models for under $200 with full 1080p reso.

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA2446M-LED-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Speakers/dp/B00D601UC8?SubscriptionId=14H876SFAKFS0EHBYQ02&tag=ttmhp-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00D601UC8

You may have to bump up your price bracket abit if you want multiple HDMI ports though.

Like the lad above me said though, I'd go for a T.V over a gaming monitor. But it's your moolah & your call!

Good luck man! May a new T.V & PS4 be in your Cool Free World soon! :D

Reactions: CFW
I think I will go for a regular TV, thank u. I know nothing about TVs at all.

Even though that TV sounds really nice, I think I'm still gonna look for another one that fits my price range. I found this, it says this series has 2 HDMI ports, but I only see one so I'm not sure if it depends on the size or not.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCGRX9M...lid=1AMHVA27HYHPF&coliid=I2MFMMNYBR0C9O&psc=1

Just did abit of research on a few sites regarding that T.V you linked & yeah mate, it's all good. The 22' does have two HDMI ports as well as 1080p support so that may be your ticket in. I found the same model of T.V you linked for a slightly cheaper price too just to give you a heads up. Goodluck man! Hope you find one you like.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...00 22-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim LED HDTV&cp=1&lp=1

Reactions: CFW
Wow IDK what happened to the link I posted in my previous post, but it was from amazon. Thank you I actually see more TVs in my price range there.

How do you feel about buying online?

Hoping to get one very soon, just have to see what you guys think about buying online vs in store.

Back