Lord Forgon's CAS Compiliation

Forgon has marvelous news to report to his associates. As of now, my PS3 has been returned to me after the authorities briefly examined it for fingerprints. Now that they have been taken, I am able to confirm that my machine has been relinquished without any damage. I immediately completed my next work. I will upload images shortly.

--Forgon

There's no news but bad news. And also good news.

Don't, the thiefes prolly booby trapped your PS3 (why would they leave it on the floor), the police also prolly oversaw it, and now your CAS will explode as soon as you put pressure on a part of it...so don't mess with any heavy piece of special equipment, and don't say i did not warn you !

just kidding, go ahead and let us see your stuff...

That last line sounds like a proposition of the sexual kind.

But Vil, don't tell him ALL of the plan. It's supposed to be a surprise conspiracy.

Native to their homeworld of Yotok, the Borai have long remained isolated on the galatic disk in order to preserve their culture and way of life. Strictly isolationist and extremely mysterious, few actually commune with the Borai and even fewer understand their customs and speech. Nevertheless, to provide resources and trade with the outside world, the Borai council (comprised primarily of females) reorganized their military branch into the Koshana-Taro Legion, relying on mercenary work for the supplies and credit needed to help their economy thrive. While the Borai civilization has fallen under a gender caste, the ages old system that has helped them thrive has made it difficult for any radical changes to occur within the Borai Council. Borai mercenaries have their armor lined with tubes of hydrogen-methane. This method is intended to allow their bodies to combust on the inside and therefore preserve the longevity of their species isolationism.

Borai Mercenary
soulcalibur285.png

soulcalibur286m.png

soulcalibur287.png

soulcalibur288.png

soulcalibur289.png

soulcalibur290.png

soulcalibur291.png

Deep in Damnation's mind he imagined himself battling a great shadow. Whenever he pierced that shadow, he would see himself. Stunned, his body would burst into something that was neither fire nor smoke and his form would seem to melt into tentacles that would twist and squeeze around his limbs. He would cry out and no one would answer him. Endlessly that nightmare would repeat, again and again. But behind that nightmare he felt helpless as the figure before him whispered in his ear. Lostoru, Lostoru, it told. Entrapped in the darkness, the boy who assumed his father's title regressed until he was just that: a boy. At last, Lostoru, Deity of Lust and Power, would cross over through this child, who dare call himself a man, and invade the mortal plane as no deity had done before.Let fire consume the castle; let corruption clog the halls. Genos raised his head from his steed and looked upon Damnation Castle as tails of smoke stretched across the sky. "Emily," he murmurred. What had his good friend done?

Lostoru
soulcalibur292.png

soulcalibur293.png

soulcalibur294.png

soulcalibur295.png

soulcalibur296.png

soulcalibur297.png

soulcalibur298.png

soulcalibur299.png

soulcalibur300.png

soulcalibur301.png

Here were two ideas I never got to create before the attempted thievery and that I made the moment I got my PS3 back. As always, critiques are great as they are for all of them (I am still waiting for Le Bello's comments on Faukra). I am actually uncertain on these two works (I would argue they were slightly rushed) but I want to hear your thoughts on them first.

--Forgon

Edit: Added to Updated Notes

-Added Borai Merc and Lostoru (page 4)

I am proud to announce that I will have had time again to return to my research. Quite a few interesting discoveries and I had a lot of fun working with the new DLC. Here are some of my latest creations.

Damnation had long been a title passed down for thousands of generations to preserve the immortal image of the first who assumed the name "Damnation" over his people. The planet of Hordat has been a deeply cultural people and have preserved their rich history and customs for millenia. When the last Damnation suddenly died, his son relinquished his given name to forever assume the title of his father. This new Damnation recognized his land's dying recognition in the nobility and their lands were losing prominence. Hungry for power and glory, the new Damnation tripled his efforts in researching new technologies and studying old artifacts to rooting himself in the political forefront. One artifact his father found was locked away in a cave less than a mile from the town. Eager for this mysterious but legendary weapon, Damnation donned a mask to hide his face and set out to reclaim this weapon. And so the tale began.

Damnation (Masked) RECENT ADDITION
soulcalibur302.png

soulcalibur303.png

soulcalibur304.png

soulcalibur305.png

soulcalibur306.png

soulcalibur307.png

soulcalibur308.png

I was tempted to recreate Revenant entirely. However, common sense hit me and I realized how many times that would be done here. So instead, I decided to try to carve my own fate (you better get the reference) and make an outfit that mixed elements of Revenant's old outfit but change it a bit so it would be like a brand new costume as if he was part of the SCV cast. Inspired by the evolution of Talim's outfits, here is my depiction of Revenant. Note my discovery on how to use the "heart" for the work.

Revenant (SCV) RECENT ADDITION
soulcalibur309.png

soulcalibur310.png

soulcalibur311.png

soulcalibur312.png

soulcalibur313.png

soulcalibur314.png

soulcalibur315.png

soulcalibur316.png

soulcalibur317.png

The Nariaq are a strict totalitarian race governed by a council of admirals from branch of their military. The Nariaq have a large navy and are known for their shipyards within the Ghor system. With large portions of their fleet exploring known space for debris and for trading, the Nariaq developed a strong military code and foreign policy when dealing with other species in the galaxy of Shadark. Usually hidden behind a mask, the Nariaq wield rare laser-stun weaponry for policing their civilian transports and home ships and for defending against pirate invasion.

Nariaq Lieutenant RECENT ADDITION
soulcalibur326.png

soulcalibur327.png

soulcalibur328.png

soulcalibur329.png

soulcalibur330.png

soulcalibur331.png

soulcalibur332.png

soulcalibur333.png

soulcalibur334.png

Here is my updated version of Svaka. I am proud of recreating his wardrobe and weapon to something more appealing and unique from my other creations.

Svaka UPDATED
soulcalibur335.png

soulcalibur336.png

soulcalibur337.png

soulcalibur338.png

soulcalibur339.png

soulcalibur340.png

soulcalibur341.png

soulcalibur342.png

soulcalibur343.png

A scientist and researcher. Shae has long desired to explore the galaxy's most ancient civilizations. Despite her youth, she has found dozens of ruins on the most populated of planets. The ruins she has found show a sudden and complete abandonment by the original residents. Curiously, the architecture of these ruins are strangely similar and some are exact in style and aesthetic. Shae has hypothesized of an expansive galactic empire must have existed beforehand and has since been lost in history for one reason or another. To confirm her theory and uncover the secrets, she delves deeper into the heart of the mystery and has attracted some unwanted attention by the Black Thorn Enterprise.

Shae Vyrril RECENT ADDITION
soulcalibur344.png

soulcalibur345.png

soulcalibur360.png

soulcalibur346.png

soulcalibur347.png

soulcalibur348.png

soulcalibur349.png

soulcalibur350.png

An assassin serving the mercenary organization at Kisare, the secret merc city became his access after gaining a strong notoriety and repertoire among the other mercs. Aspiring to become a member of the Grand Ten, the young and cunning Temuv has served on multiple assignments wear his swift reflexes, silver tongue, and decisive trickery have come in handy for helping this inexperienced child survive to get where he is.

Temuv RECENT ADDITION
soulcalibur352.png

soulcalibur351.png

soulcalibur353.png

soulcalibur354.png

soulcalibur355.png

soulcalibur356.png

soulcalibur357.png

I have a few more but they are in tentative development so that will be all for now. The good news is, I finally decided to go through with some deletions and got rid of a lot of extraneous creations. I have a bit more space now so I should be able to hold reserves for a few DLC pack. I think though the next few packs are going to be used for improving my older creations I have already made than making new ones. We shall see. Any advice is welcome. I still need some help with Faukra on the last page and some perspective on the re-done Svaka would be appreciated.I think the Nariaq Lieutenant is my best one of the recent batch and shows a signifigant level of improvement compared to my previous creations. I hope you like them.

--Forgon

Edit: Added to Updated Notes

6/1/12
-Added Damnation (masked), Revenant, Shae Vyrril, Nariaq Lieutenant, and Temuv (page 4)
-Updated Svaka (page 4)

I still have a lot of reading to do but I did like some of what I have read. Overall, I'm not too fond of their designs save a few I've hit the like button on. Shae is, by far, my favorite. I like the overall shapes on her characters but the designs from the waist down kind of lose me. Her make-up is also a bit weird but she's a scientist soooo make-up might not be her strongsuit. ;p I really like how you pulled Ivy's arm thing together by adding a bit of fuzz around the shoulderpad.

The Nariaq(did I spell that right?) Lieutenant is also interesting. I love his colors but the cloth at his groin looks kind of plain.

I noticed you used this sort of webby hexagonal texture on a lot of your characters. Is that the polka-dot texture you mentioned in the other thread? It's on almost all of your character's upper body armor to simulate that futuristic Crysis armor look. I don't think I've noticed it before - but at level 62 I might night have it.

Also.... I never noticed males could equip the dancer's dress. Whaaaat? I have to double check because, seriously, I never saw that.

Your updated Revenant is awesome! I'm feeling a lot of his SC3 design. I've wanted to do one for a while but I keep forgetting about him. Great work!

For my universe, the dots make the perfect effect for skin tight, pressurized suits. However, its best work is as a gleam for characters such as Voiiarraka. It is not as prelevant in the screenshot as in game, but the bright pink between the red makes a wonderful "gleam" because of the distance so it tricks your eyes (I liken it to Cervantes and Ivy's scaled outfits in effect).

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4410/soulcalibur159.png

I am deeply saddened I have failed to meet your expectations. Please forgive me. I will work harder in the future.

Your updated Revenant is awesome! I'm feeling a lot of his SC3 design. I've wanted to do one for a while but I keep forgetting about him. Great work!

I am glad you like it. I am starting to move away from my previous works but this one has been a big desire of mine since DLC began being released. My favorite part is the heart I added to his ribcage. Manipulating and texturing that became a fun experiment.

I have one more to add but I will add her with my next batch of DLC items (in a week or so) once I create more characters. My personal favorite among the batch (although I love Shae's outfit design and coloring) is Damnation because I finally got over my depression with how all his SCIV items that made him were gone. I am glad I recreated his old mask and I am probably going to work on the face markings in the future to better emulate the old mask. Otherwise, I am glad how he turned out.

--Forgon

My favorite of the bunch has to be Dr.Disme~
How do you pronounce him name though? I pronounce it dis-may :O

My favorite of the bunch has to be Dr.Disme~
How do you pronounce him name though? I pronounce it dis-may :O

I am glad the good doctor is getting some love. You are correct but just to clarify, it is not pronounced like the word dismay, stress on the may, but accented on the first syllable (the Dis). Now that I think about it, I believe his name originated from the word dismember, so it is pronounced like that, minus the -mber.

Edit: You also have now burdened me with thoughts of which one is my favorite. This one is hard because a lot of my creations have character cards I really love like Voiiarraka 2p, Damnation (Voldo), D. Soldier, G. Soldier, Genos, and especially a new one I made from my experiments that looks beautiful in my opinion (coming soon).

--Forgon

In preparation for the new DLC coming next week, I decided to start posting some of my most recent creations from what was already available.

The story about this creation is actually that I had apparently made too many Damnations. My friend, the main influence behind Genos, ended up wanting to make a second costume for him, albeit I had a bigger hand in making sure everything worked together, advised his coloring, and did the character card. I will give him credit for some of the armor pieces he thought of using but I am not sure if this version of Genos can be as clean as his first version. Oh well, I indulged him and I love the look from waist up so I kept it.

Genos 2p NEW ADDITION
soulcalibur367.png

soulcalibur368.png

soulcalibur369.png

soulcalibur370.png

soulcalibur371.png

soulcalibur372.png

soulcalibur373.png

A real curiosity. I am trying to find a character of mine that could wear this mask because I really like it but not luck so far. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. The mask is currently a placeholder helmet for one of my old SCIV characters because of the caretaker armor set being unavailable.

Helmet Concept REQUESTING HELP
soulcalibur374.png

soulcalibur375.png

Koda is a young boy who smuggled himself away from his home to explore the universe. Unfortunately, his world is rather small and unimportant on the galactic disk and his foreign language is largely unknown by most. He is rather easy to spot in crowds due to his attire matching the long winters of his home and he is as curious about others as they are curious about him. Sadly, that innocence betrays him in the future. He was last seen stowing away on a cargo ship to the rich Rafven Enclave systems near the edge of the known galaxy. Had he ever arrived to the capital world of Trasem is anybody's guess.

Koda NEW ADDITION
soulcalibur400.png

soulcalibur376.png

soulcalibur377.png

soulcalibur378.png

soulcalibur379.png

soulcalibur380.png

soulcalibur381.png

Kaiira was sold into slavery as a young girl after the Corsala-Darv War ended and billions of Corsala were forced into the slave trade. Kaiira ended up landing with a group of powerful pirates based in the twin sun world of Sorvik II. As she grew older, Kaiira accepted the idea that she was one of the crew and became fiercely independent and loyal to her "family" as time grew on. Fate played its hand when a cargo ship along the Rafven trade route was raided. After boarding, Kaiira found among the cargo a bouncing shadow. She tried to pursue it, but suddenly felt her vision blur and her blood nearly stop. She collapsed to her knees and held her head. A plan was being set in motion.

Kaiira NEW ADDITION
soulcalibur382.png

soulcalibur384.png

soulcalibur385.png

soulcalibur386.png

soulcalibur387.png

soulcalibur388.png

soulcalibur389.png

soulcalibur390.png

soulcalibur391.png

A Maripos mercenary and hunter from Fleytar, Mona likes challenges and being out of her element. the tropical beauty of her world was contrasted by the dark swamps, icy mountains, and toxic trash heaps Mona would visit. Even among her kind, she was considered a wild flower, a seeker for adventure and blood. Monais often under the employ of the richest businesses in the galaxy of Shadark with employers among the Black Thorn Enterprise, The Rafven Trade Conglomerate, and the Tri-God Triumvirate Federation.

Mona NEW ADDITION
soulcalibur392.png

soulcalibur393.png

soulcalibur394.png

soulcalibur395.png

soulcalibur396.png

soulcalibur397.png

soulcalibur398.png

soulcalibur399.png

I like the discoveries I made with Kaiira and the Asuka top and pants. For one, underwear does not appear in the mid section of the armor, which allows for some nice little small customizations depending on what you use. Also, the dot pattern works amazingly well to create the mesh material effect for clothes like the Asuka top and the Valkyrie armor had a nice touch with the faces and different patterns, I liked some of the ideas I came up with before going for the line pattern along the eyes to also symbolize bleeding tears.

Koda is kind of my odd little creation because I am not sure whether I like it or not. The face is fine for me but the outfit neither looks too simple nor too ornate to me. I am trying to find something to add, especially in the stickers department, without ruining what I do like about the outfit. I will see how it progresses when the next DLC pack comes out. My hope is I can finish my next batch of creations if a SCV character pack is released.

--Forgon

Big fan of Kaiira's design. :) I'm surprised you managed to make that new outfit look so natural. <3 Mona's face is great - simple but great effect! I love her look from the back overall but not so much from the front. :c

Big fan of Kaiira's design. :) I'm surprised you managed to make that new outfit look so natural. <3 Mona's face is great - simple but great effect! I love her look from the back overall but not so much from the front. :c

Thank you, Kaiira is among my list of favorites. Her character card was really great to do (especially with the two suns) and I had a lot of test iterations before I finally felt I did enough research to play with it. I branched out from my normal color palette and I am satisfied with the results.

As for Mona, anything in particular you dislike about the front? I personally feel she was a hit and miss and getting the right colors with the Natsu pants, being unchangeable was hard. I may go through a review with her and group her with Faukra for ideas and suggestions.

--Forgon

I have a severe distaste for patterns on clothing. x3 That's more than likely it. Subtlety and simplicity are what I look for in most CaS. I'm only wowed by a patterned character every so often.

And gosh, yes. Natsu's pants have a myriad of problems. :( Can't go too dark (especially when using a pattern like the gradient or mesh-grid) without the natural color showing through. Can't get rid of the tiger... can't sticker it. D:

I have a severe distaste for patterns on clothing. x3 That's more than likely it. Subtlety and simplicity are what I look for in most CaS. I'm only wowed by a patterned character every so often.

And gosh, yes. Natsu's pants have a myriad of problems. :( Can't go too dark (especially when using a pattern like the gradient or mesh-grid) without the natural color showing through. Can't get rid of the tiger... can't sticker it. D:

Perhaps if I remove the patterns on the neck clothe and replaced it with a dirty look and then made the shirt pattern a bit more subtle, it will yield better results. Only other issue I can nitpick at are the shoulders but I am going to need more options for those. Shoulder equipment are either float too far or are too large and jut out like a... nevermind.

--Forgon

This fucking amazing!

Thank you. I am glad you like it. I think I have done better with some of my newer works though. I may go back and recreate this. I would need to review the available parts. I wish Night Butterfly and Amy's hairstyle were available.

--Forgon

Back