Lost Swords ending on November 30th. A new Soulcalibur title in our future?

What do you predict to be the SCVI roster?

• New characters get the axe. Old characters return.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Old characters stay in the grave. Long live new characters.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • The Lost Swords approach where we have a hybrid of the old and new roster.

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Admin
Namco Bandai has recently released a Lost Swords tribute video with the game's accolades. This video is closer to being a slideshow than a trailer, but that isn't what we all really care about.

The 2 million downloads is fantastic, but most North Americans don't actually want to play Lost Swords and are yearning for a traditional Soulcalibur game. Now that we have gotten the boring stuff out of the way, let's talk about the juicy parts of the news!

Wow, so what does this all mean?!​

2460ddd11d9f62500bd89dc2b0931363.png

This doesn't really mean much if we consider how much we've been teased by the SoulCalibur Facebook page for the last year. I think we all like these words and use them ourselves, but they aren't very impactful. Thankfully, there is a slide immediately after that that is super interesting.

74702dc6c8a7dab5dda3227714a70300.jpg

I really like the sound of that! "Warriors fading" is a clear reference to Soulcalibur Lost Swords ending, but "their souls will ignite again" could mean that the roster in Lost Swords will be returning for the next installment. Ideally, a Soulcalibur VI is in our future with them!

For those of you who don't know the current roster:
  1. Aeon (NPC)
  2. Amy
  3. Astaroth
  4. Cassandra
  5. Cervantes
  6. Devil Jin (NPC)
  7. Hilde
  8. Ivy
  9. Leixia
  10. Maxi
  11. Mitsurugi
  12. Nightmare
  13. Patroklos
  14. Pyrrha
  15. Raphael
  16. Seong Mina
  17. Siegfried
  18. Sophitia
  19. Taki

I think there are some characters we can expect to disappear in there. Devil Jin is a guest character from Tekken so he is ruled out. Leixia got nearly last place on the Soulcalibur Facebook poll so her being a main stay is looking grim. The same could be said about Patroklos, but he is the main character of Soulcalibur V. Who knows what Project Soul will decide?

24bbb1a7567701c0885e9715f3c34b80.jpg

Soulcalibur Lost Swords will be ending November 30th. If you have a PS3 and want to try it before it goes away, then there is your small window to try it out. It is free-to-play, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. There is no need to be boycotting the game anymore if you don't support the concept. It is coming to an end regardless now. The movelists are the most interesting aspect of Lost Swords. I think that is worth at least a little bit of your time since it is will be the predecessor for the new movelists of SCVI.

Thank you Namco for moving on with the series. We'll be here waiting for more exciting news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
SCLS only had me over-spamming moves until each of the four or five enemies' health ran out. Things like selecting elements helped with impacting more damage to the opponents (yeah-yeah ok). What I really didn't like was that the game tells me I can no longer fight due to the requirement of selling and crafting more stuff -- just so you are able to play again. It got on my nerves.

Another thought:
If project soul brings back old favourites, is that enough so they can finally crawl out of the dependence on guest characters?

SCV screwed that up. When your franchise was already finished, and you make another one "for the fans", which is kinda what the production of SCV was based on, the worst thing you can do is get rid of the fan-favorite characters and replace them with a couple of knock-offs with no backstory.

As a franchise you don't want to have the negative stigma of being overly associated with guest characters + over exposed females because then too many casuals would view the series as joke.

Did you see Angry Joe's review of the game? I'm pretty sure they already got the rep for over-exposed females because of their ridiculous "Ass & titties" marketing posters for SCV.

Sexy characters aren't the problem... As long as this "sexitude" is the basis of their persona. For example, what would you think of a prudish Ivy? That's simply not her. LS went that way (or the opposite): they forced an attitude on characters. Amy is a young girl... And she is sexualized! I know in Japan it's quite common to see these kind of fantasies, but it's really ruining the soul of the game here: if they created a sexualized 14yo girl, well it'd be weird but ok, but they can't simply bend a character's personality for the sake of making perverted fans touch themselves while playing. I don't mind having some sexy outfits for characters (to each his own), but you can't base a game only on that.

Girls in the Soul series are within 3 categories: really sexualized, somehow erotic, and feminine yet honourable. (I'm exaggerating the terms). Now in LS, every girl must wear a thong and flower on their nipples, nobody cares Sophitia and Cassandra are holy fighters, nobody cares Amy is underage: that's where the problem is, the characters lost their substance, they are simple fantasies, and that's a shame, really.

Sexy outfits as (optional) DLC for character creation, ok, but don't force them on us (for stats/skills etc).

Anyway, let's stop the rant and hope for a better future!

Last edited:
Lost Swords made no sense whatsoever. Why? Because the main point of the game was to create characters and collect things right? Well, those things you collect actually had elemental properties and increased stats. Why would anyone want to just play AI all day when they finally find a combination of clothes with the stats of their liking? I would assume people who did "like" and "play" this game would have loved to take their characters online against others.

But who cares, Lost Swords is dead and that means Soulcalibur VI is on the horizon!

Did you see Angry Joe's review of the game? I'm pretty sure they already got the rep for over-exposed females because of their ridiculous "Ass & titties" marketing posters for SCV.
Wow. I just assumed Angry Joe was going to be some baseless rant and not an actual legitimate review with almost 2M views.
---
Will namco ever realize that the western audience demands a decent single-player storymode as well as an actual tutorial (such as teaching casual players to hit the guard button when you're knocked down)?
The standard for fighting games has increased a lot compared to 10 years ago, as many gamers have to choose to spend their time with a huge offering of fighting games (as well as competiting against non-fighting games)

I would love to have beautiful set of images like in new Mortal Kombats or Injustice instead of animated cutscenes as the ending to each character. What do you think?

It was interesting that Namco experimented with a F2P concept. I imagine they made a lot of micro transactions, so here's hoping for Soulcalibur 6!

Live streams

7 Viewers
Sesujin
Sesujin
Playing a game that's actually good
4 Viewers
Shilderi
Shilderi
tak' a venir te poser
1 Viewers
EZAKIMAKv2
EZAKIMAKv2