Lost Swords ending on November 30th. A new Soulcalibur title in our future?

What do you predict to be the SCVI roster?

• New characters get the axe. Old characters return.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Old characters stay in the grave. Long live new characters.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • The Lost Swords approach where we have a hybrid of the old and new roster.

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Admin
Namco Bandai has recently released a Lost Swords tribute video with the game's accolades. This video is closer to being a slideshow than a trailer, but that isn't what we all really care about.

The 2 million downloads is fantastic, but most North Americans don't actually want to play Lost Swords and are yearning for a traditional Soulcalibur game. Now that we have gotten the boring stuff out of the way, let's talk about the juicy parts of the news!

Wow, so what does this all mean?!​

2460ddd11d9f62500bd89dc2b0931363.png

This doesn't really mean much if we consider how much we've been teased by the SoulCalibur Facebook page for the last year. I think we all like these words and use them ourselves, but they aren't very impactful. Thankfully, there is a slide immediately after that that is super interesting.

74702dc6c8a7dab5dda3227714a70300.jpg

I really like the sound of that! "Warriors fading" is a clear reference to Soulcalibur Lost Swords ending, but "their souls will ignite again" could mean that the roster in Lost Swords will be returning for the next installment. Ideally, a Soulcalibur VI is in our future with them!

For those of you who don't know the current roster:
  1. Aeon (NPC)
  2. Amy
  3. Astaroth
  4. Cassandra
  5. Cervantes
  6. Devil Jin (NPC)
  7. Hilde
  8. Ivy
  9. Leixia
  10. Maxi
  11. Mitsurugi
  12. Nightmare
  13. Patroklos
  14. Pyrrha
  15. Raphael
  16. Seong Mina
  17. Siegfried
  18. Sophitia
  19. Taki

I think there are some characters we can expect to disappear in there. Devil Jin is a guest character from Tekken so he is ruled out. Leixia got nearly last place on the Soulcalibur Facebook poll so her being a main stay is looking grim. The same could be said about Patroklos, but he is the main character of Soulcalibur V. Who knows what Project Soul will decide?

24bbb1a7567701c0885e9715f3c34b80.jpg

Soulcalibur Lost Swords will be ending November 30th. If you have a PS3 and want to try it before it goes away, then there is your small window to try it out. It is free-to-play, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. There is no need to be boycotting the game anymore if you don't support the concept. It is coming to an end regardless now. The movelists are the most interesting aspect of Lost Swords. I think that is worth at least a little bit of your time since it is will be the predecessor for the new movelists of SCVI.

Thank you Namco for moving on with the series. We'll be here waiting for more exciting news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Of course a sequel is going to happen, what's actual 'news' at this point is an official announcement, or at least a date of an official announcement. We've been getting sequel teases since last year at least.

Another thought:
If project soul brings back old favourites, is that enough so they can finally crawl out of the dependence on guest characters?

As a franchise you don't want to have the negative stigma of being overly associated with guest characters + over exposed females because then too many casuals would view the series as joke.

Another thought:
If project soul brings back old favourites, is that enough so they can finally crawl out of the dependence on guest characters?

As a franchise you don't want to have the negative stigma of being overly associated with guest characters + over exposed females because then too many casuals would view the series as joke.
I'm agree. But both guests characters and sexy chicks help the sales(DOA has proof that a game can be sell itself with that)
So I guess we will still have a few of those.

None of that matters when you can secure instant sales from nostalgic fans, perverts, and fans of other franchises.

while optimistic, i'd kinda like to see an assload of characters kinda like what Tekken Tag 2 did (even though quite a few were just clones). in the end though, i'm probably gonna buy whatever it turns out to be most likely

None of that matters when you can secure instant sales from nostalgic fans, perverts, and fans of other franchises.

The series needs to broaden its audience. There's only but so many sales the game could make by appealing to people who are already fans. It should innovate so it attract people new to the series and make far greater sales.

...That and the over-sexualization of the series may turn away newcomers for they feel it's trashy.

I don't think this franchise can survive without Guest Characters, Fan Favorites, Or Character Creation (Yes, Character Creation).

Let's be honest, a huge portion of those who bought the game and who are still playing it are doing so mainly for CaS. Hence the bizarre amount of 'Only Creation!' Rooms online.
Thinking of removing any of those will be very dangerous. Look at SCV.

It's not as strong as Tekken Or Street Fighter, unfortunately.

I don't think this franchise can survive without Guest Characters, Fan Favorites, Or Character Creation (Yes, Character Creation).

Let's be honest, a huge portion of those who bought the game and who are still playing it are doing so mainly for CaS. Hence the bizarre amount of 'Only Creation!' Rooms online.
Thinking of removing any of those will be very dangerous. Look at SCV.

It's not as strong as Tekken Or Street Fighter, unfortunately.
The reason they play it for creation is because there are no other casual modes in the game. Look at SoulCalibur2, everyone sucks that game´s dick and it doesnt have creation.

The reason they play it for creation is because there are no other casual modes in the game. Look at SoulCalibur2, everyone sucks that game´s dick and it doesnt have creation.
People would give SCV more love if it had good PSN netcode & Fan favorites. IMO, the 2 main issues with that game. I mean it has solid game play,so. Having those two would've prevented infinite bitching & whining.
Always confused me as to why they didn't add DLC characters. Except for freaking :sc5dam1:.

Live streams

5 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Yes, Sir. The arena is lit. I'm about to give the world these hands. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back