Lost Swords ending on November 30th. A new Soulcalibur title in our future?

What do you predict to be the SCVI roster?

• New characters get the axe. Old characters return.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Old characters stay in the grave. Long live new characters.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • The Lost Swords approach where we have a hybrid of the old and new roster.

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Admin
Namco Bandai has recently released a Lost Swords tribute video with the game's accolades. This video is closer to being a slideshow than a trailer, but that isn't what we all really care about.

The 2 million downloads is fantastic, but most North Americans don't actually want to play Lost Swords and are yearning for a traditional Soulcalibur game. Now that we have gotten the boring stuff out of the way, let's talk about the juicy parts of the news!

Wow, so what does this all mean?!​

2460ddd11d9f62500bd89dc2b0931363.png

This doesn't really mean much if we consider how much we've been teased by the SoulCalibur Facebook page for the last year. I think we all like these words and use them ourselves, but they aren't very impactful. Thankfully, there is a slide immediately after that that is super interesting.

74702dc6c8a7dab5dda3227714a70300.jpg

I really like the sound of that! "Warriors fading" is a clear reference to Soulcalibur Lost Swords ending, but "their souls will ignite again" could mean that the roster in Lost Swords will be returning for the next installment. Ideally, a Soulcalibur VI is in our future with them!

For those of you who don't know the current roster:
  1. Aeon (NPC)
  2. Amy
  3. Astaroth
  4. Cassandra
  5. Cervantes
  6. Devil Jin (NPC)
  7. Hilde
  8. Ivy
  9. Leixia
  10. Maxi
  11. Mitsurugi
  12. Nightmare
  13. Patroklos
  14. Pyrrha
  15. Raphael
  16. Seong Mina
  17. Siegfried
  18. Sophitia
  19. Taki

I think there are some characters we can expect to disappear in there. Devil Jin is a guest character from Tekken so he is ruled out. Leixia got nearly last place on the Soulcalibur Facebook poll so her being a main stay is looking grim. The same could be said about Patroklos, but he is the main character of Soulcalibur V. Who knows what Project Soul will decide?

24bbb1a7567701c0885e9715f3c34b80.jpg

Soulcalibur Lost Swords will be ending November 30th. If you have a PS3 and want to try it before it goes away, then there is your small window to try it out. It is free-to-play, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. There is no need to be boycotting the game anymore if you don't support the concept. It is coming to an end regardless now. The movelists are the most interesting aspect of Lost Swords. I think that is worth at least a little bit of your time since it is will be the predecessor for the new movelists of SCVI.

Thank you Namco for moving on with the series. We'll be here waiting for more exciting news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Well lets all just pretend they're taking time polishing SC6 jam packing it with a compelling unique character storyline, excessive amount of alternate modes, and a summer bikini DLC skin.

Damn, even new KOF was announced today
The hype when watching the trailer for KOF XIV got me a lot less disappointed about the fact that we got no new SC6 news.

Anyways, is there any other huge fighting game other than SC that is yet to get an announcement for next gen?
We got:
-Tekken 7.
-Street Fighter 5.
-Mortal Kombat X.
-BlazBlue CPE.
-DOA 5LR.
-Guilty Gear Xrd.
- (If you count it) Naruto SUNS4.
-Killer Instinct (Thanks @Himiteshu )
-And now, KOF XIV.

Only games other than SC with no next gen announcements are Virtua Fighters & Bloody Roar (I can be missing a lot more).
And as much as i love Bloody Roar, i doubt we'll ever see another title from it.

I'd say a SCVI announcement isn't too far from us. In the next month or two, maybe. Or even the beginning of 2016. I know this is said after every time we get disappointed about an event possibly having a SCVI announcement; but the more it happens, the higher the chances for the next event to hold it. + It means PS are actually taking their time with this one. No matter how much the wait is excruciating, you know it's for the favor of the game being a completed excellent game in the end. ;]

Last edited:
There could still be an announcement Business Day doesn't start until Thursday and Public day starts Saturday. Still plenty of time! :)

SC4 (in my hazy memory) took advantage of the fact that they were one of the newer online capable fighters released after SF4. If they're late to the dance this time, I hope it is due to a strategic choice.

It's nice how they are bringing back all the old school characters for SFV - Nash, Birdie, R.Mika, Karin. It gives the nostalgic value to the title. They should bring back Hwang, Seong-Mina, Taki, Li Long, Xianghua, Sophitia and Rock to SC6, it could be awesome.

Live streams

17 Viewers
Deh_Caster
Deh_Caster
Revivendo SoulCalibur 6 - Sigam @fichafinalfgc
5 Viewers
AdamDR146
AdamDR146
Transcending History and The World!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members