Lost Swords ending on November 30th. A new Soulcalibur title in our future?

What do you predict to be the SCVI roster?

• New characters get the axe. Old characters return.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Old characters stay in the grave. Long live new characters.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • The Lost Swords approach where we have a hybrid of the old and new roster.

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Admin
Namco Bandai has recently released a Lost Swords tribute video with the game's accolades. This video is closer to being a slideshow than a trailer, but that isn't what we all really care about.

The 2 million downloads is fantastic, but most North Americans don't actually want to play Lost Swords and are yearning for a traditional Soulcalibur game. Now that we have gotten the boring stuff out of the way, let's talk about the juicy parts of the news!

Wow, so what does this all mean?!​

2460ddd11d9f62500bd89dc2b0931363.png

This doesn't really mean much if we consider how much we've been teased by the SoulCalibur Facebook page for the last year. I think we all like these words and use them ourselves, but they aren't very impactful. Thankfully, there is a slide immediately after that that is super interesting.

74702dc6c8a7dab5dda3227714a70300.jpg

I really like the sound of that! "Warriors fading" is a clear reference to Soulcalibur Lost Swords ending, but "their souls will ignite again" could mean that the roster in Lost Swords will be returning for the next installment. Ideally, a Soulcalibur VI is in our future with them!

For those of you who don't know the current roster:
  1. Aeon (NPC)
  2. Amy
  3. Astaroth
  4. Cassandra
  5. Cervantes
  6. Devil Jin (NPC)
  7. Hilde
  8. Ivy
  9. Leixia
  10. Maxi
  11. Mitsurugi
  12. Nightmare
  13. Patroklos
  14. Pyrrha
  15. Raphael
  16. Seong Mina
  17. Siegfried
  18. Sophitia
  19. Taki

I think there are some characters we can expect to disappear in there. Devil Jin is a guest character from Tekken so he is ruled out. Leixia got nearly last place on the Soulcalibur Facebook poll so her being a main stay is looking grim. The same could be said about Patroklos, but he is the main character of Soulcalibur V. Who knows what Project Soul will decide?

24bbb1a7567701c0885e9715f3c34b80.jpg

Soulcalibur Lost Swords will be ending November 30th. If you have a PS3 and want to try it before it goes away, then there is your small window to try it out. It is free-to-play, so you don't have to worry about spending money on it. There is no need to be boycotting the game anymore if you don't support the concept. It is coming to an end regardless now. The movelists are the most interesting aspect of Lost Swords. I think that is worth at least a little bit of your time since it is will be the predecessor for the new movelists of SCVI.

Thank you Namco for moving on with the series. We'll be here waiting for more exciting news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I figure the next major Tekken news will be a title update, like Dark Resurrection or Bloodline Rebellion. And all that goes with it of course. Sure hope they overhaul a lot.

Soul Calibur: Lost Swords was a lot of fun, but it'll be a cold day in hell before they try to shut it down. Matter of fact, I wouldn't even know what I'm going to do next. :(

Ok ok, I'm happy it's finally dead (and hopefully opening a new door for a real game) but...

Aren't people gonna be pissed the hell out of the universe for spending tons of $ on a game that will close its servers so soon? I would personally start a riot :D

But anyway IT'S FINALLY OVER! (and hopefully their ecchi fetish dies with it)

Why hopefully?! It would be awesome to have all the stuff from LS in SCVI! And I hope that we'll get ALL of the good stuff from earlier SCs. For example, SCIV was in every way except the character creation a better game than SCV, even the graphics looked better to me. And there's a ton of stuff in SC : Broken Destiny that might be added to SCVI. But I really hope we'll get the best characters back. I don't care about fucking Patroklos or Viola, or most of the SCV characters, I want Talim back!

Also, I would really love to see an unlimited character creation, for example like SC Broken Destiny combined with SCV, becouse in SC Broken Destiny you can use all stock character equipment on your creation, even 1P equpment, but since it's on PSP, it has quite bad graphics. So just combine it with all the things you can do in SCV Creation, and there you go - perfect character creation mode!

While I agree with "SCIV was (somehow) better than V" (I'm looking at you, movesets!), I feel lik the time and efforts spent on creating ecchi materials is time wasted. I prefer to have less in SCVI than have ecchi and futuristic equipments. LS was really bad, in realization, gameplay, battle design (why do I have to dress my character like a farmer just to get +1HP?), and certainly a theft regarding money etc. Let's not encourage Bamco to keep using these cheap tactics.

Damn, I'd even prefer nothing new at all (back to basics!) if it means a better and more complete game.

Well, I like some SCV movesets better, becouse they are simplified, and I can use styles I couldn't before well, but my main styles are totally messed up and oversimplified. Siegfried and Natsu in SCV have stupid movesets, and I still can use Sieg and Taki in SCIV much better and much more effectively. But I hate SCLS movesets, I hope they won't be the same in SCVI. To the ecchi costumes, the best thing would obviously be having both normal, sensible equipment and some ecchi stuff, but I would NEVER want ecchi INSTEAD of a lot of sensible equipment. I really want SCIV equipment that is missing in SCV, and being able to use all the fucking stock character equipment. It really pissed me off, that I had to pay for a few pieces of SCV equipment, while in SCIV I have all 2p equipment and in SC : Broken Destiny I have both 1P and 2P equipment, all of it! Becouse really, I'm a crap gamer, and my favorite feature of SCIV and SCV are the creation. Oh, and, gimme back Talim!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back