Lost Swords

Yep I believe you're right, because on the soulcalibur website, Elysium, Pyrrha Omega, and Alpha Patroklos have been cut out of the SCV roster, as if they were never there. And it updated Patroklos and Pyrrha's profiles, now for Pyrrha it says that no one knew what had happened to Sophitia since SCIV.
Spoilers. None of the hidden characters are on the SCV roster on the website.

Well, in the art book of SCV Collector Edition it wasn´t Elysium, Pyrrha Omega or Alpa Patroklos, and the game was just out to sell. In fact, Kilik, Edge Master and even Algol were missing too.

You're welcome.
So I had a thought: Sophitia being alive is actually fairly plausible. There was no body, burial, witnesses etc. Rothion was on his death bed when he stated that she was killed by the malfested plus he always stays at home, so maybe his words were either an assumption or they stemmed from delusions. In the SCV story chapter where you fight Tira for the 1st time, the announcer states that your sister's kidnapper and mother's killer stands before you. Maybe that is based upon an assumption on Patroklos' part or again, Rothion was incorrect. Tira is pure evil, she would have definitely thrown Sophitia's death by her hands in Patroklos' face after he pissed her off if she actually did.

The only thing that is a bit sketchy is that Pyrrha's embedded soul edge shard was originally Sophitia's. Taki decided not to remove that shard from Sophitia because it was so close to her heart and therefore dangerous. How the transfer happened is anyone's guess.

In summary, the SCV story mode was indeed half assed but that also lays the foundation to new possibilities such as this.

So, so far in this beta I have counted; Sophitia, Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Cervantes, Ivy, Aeon, Nightmare, Hilde, Astaroth, Patroklos, Raphael and Devil Jin... (of the 16 characters, why is Devil Jin one of them..? :/ ...Well, I suppose it is called Lost Swords... *cough*)
Also, there's that video of Taki...

Edit: Pyrrha is in it also... so that's... 3 slots left? Hoping for Viola and Algol, though I don't know why... I doubt I'll be putting much time into this.
More edit: Huh... GI is back to 6G and doesn't seem to cost meter... actually I haven't figured out how to use meter yet... A+B+K is the tag button...

Appropriate to bring this thread back? I think so...

Last edited:
Taki looks great... she seems very different to Natsu at least. Possession cancelling and sidestepping and the like... Shame she couldn't have been added to V.

Honestly, this game is a complete waste. They could've just made an expansion with this content, rather than attaching it to what is basically VS. Special Quick Battle.

Last edited:
Taki looks great... she seems very different to Natsu at least. Possession cancelling and sidestepping and the like... Shame she could've have been added to V.

Honestly, this game is a complete waste. They could've just made an expansion with this content, rather than attaching it to what is basically VS. Special Quick Battle.

I don´t get it, Is Taki there? Or you are talking about her gameplay?

You talked about other characters too in your last message, the same question, are they there or just their gameplay?

You talked about other characters too in your last message, the same question, are they there or just their gameplay?
There are 18 character slots in the character select menu but only Sophie, Mitsu, and Sieg are playable. Everyone you fight is a CaS. Taki's moveset is in the game as a CaS character you fight.

In the beta, there are 16 characters slots, but you're only allowed to play as Sophitia, Mitsurugi and Siegfried... the rest are grayed out.
In the quest mode, you fight CaS using various styles... the ones I listed above are the ones I've come across so far. My experience with Taki is limited to what the AI does to me and so far she seems to have an entirely different move set to Natsu, except FC 3KK and KKK I think...
Can't really comment on much beyond the animations though as this game is busted as fuck... Every string is a combo on normal hit, and every attack has a string, and everything stuns. It's stupid.

There are 18 character slots in the character select menu but only Sophie, Mitsu, and Sieg are playable. Everyone you fight is a CaS. Taki's moveset is in the game as a CaS character you fight.

I counted 16! Quickly though, so I could be wrong, I'd have to check.

Ok, thanks, so I guess with that they are revealing the future characters... Wish for Cassie, but now...

At least I read about Pyrrha

Anyway, you sure is Taki? You aren´t confusing with Natsu style, right? Is Natsu as CaS?

Ok, thanks, so I guess with that they are revealing the future characters... Wish for Cassie, but now...

At least I read about Pyrrha

Anyway, you sure is Taki? You aren´t confusing with Natsu style, right? Is Natsu as CaS?
Yes I am sure. She even has Taki's SCIV intro where she runs in and kicks. Their stance is different, they have different attacks, etc.

I'm still hoping Amy will be available.

Yes I am sure. She even has Taki's SCIV intro where she runs in and kicks. Their stance is different, they have different attacks, etc.

I'm still hoping Amy will be available.

Well, they could have changed Natsu style to be even more Taki style =P

But yeah, I don´t think so, good news for Taki fans!

I'll start adding information like this to the original post.

Update: PartyWolf is also making a tutorial video for the Beta, I'll keep you posted on that.

Question!

Any sign of story mode?
None at all.
There's a menu option that you can't select, but it's right at the bottom of the menu below a function to register a friends character, so there's little chance that's a story mode.

I can't think what I could be, but trust me, they aren't investing that much effort into this...

Has anyone figured out how to do brave edges or critical edges yet, by the way?

The Demon huntress is back eh?:sc1tak1:

I did face her once,but she barely used any moves .. couldn't tell if its Taki or Natsu.

Glad to know the real ninja's back <3

Back