Lost Swords

I'm glad they're bringing Sophitia back. Hopefully that means for the next proper SC game, they'll also okay with bringing back characters.

I still think it's baffling how this is singleplayer-only though. Namco must be very confused about how to deal with free to play. The more the game competes with a full retail title, the better. But they seem to be convinced free to play titles should be extremely focused with only a few modes available.

Press release
Choose from a legendary cast of characters spanning the SOULCALIBUR series and fight through life-or-death battles in an engaging and highly customizable solo gameplay fighting experience.
SOULCALIBUR LOST SWORDS reinvents the world-renowned weapons-based fighting franchise with a brand new item discovery and forging system as well as elemental-based fighting mechanics. Special elemental effects such as Wind and Fire will be imbued into weapons scavenged from defeated enemies as well as forged by raw materials you will find.

Soulcalibur Lost swords will be available for free on Playstation 3 by Winter 2013.
For more information, Follow us on http://www.facebook.com/soulcalibur or visit your local Namco Bandai Games website, http://www.namcobandaigames.eu

Talk about this game, share tips & win goodies at http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/community

Screenshots: http://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-lost-swords/september-19-2013/

Yes Namco. People were pining for Sophitia.

Not Taki, Zasalamel, Seong Mina, Hwang, Li Long...

/bitterlol
Well, looking at the fan response for SC5 there were a TON of people complaining about Sophitia being removed, so I think that's a huge reason why they chose Sophitia to return, even though she's rather redudant move-wise if they still have Pyrrha in this.

If they're bringing back more characters, I'm very certain Taki is next in line.

I'm so mixed on the F2P model. On one hand, with SCV there was a huge focus on CAS and it's a shoe-in for crafting and other typical F2P shenanigans. But on the other hand, I read something about "tokens" restricting the time you'll be able to play? That sounds godawful. I love what Killer Instinct is doing with a "60 dollar" version of the game that you can buy that unlocks all the characters and what not, but if you get what is essentially the F2P version, you get one character, with the others being a buyable option. I foresee not only paying for characters, but costumes, swords, all this other junk, and knowing Namco I'm going to theoretically end up buying this game like 3 times over to get a "complete" game.

It's cool to see the "port" of Sophitia from SCIV and I would love to see the characters we've been clamoring for DLC in SCV (Taki, Zas, etc. etc. etc.) come back. But in this setting? I'd rather have just an updated re-release, a "Super Soulcalibur V" if you will, not this thinly-veiled cash grab nonsense.

Heh its like SC5 lacks sword/shield types. One of pyrrha or omega pyrrha on the way out? speculations!!
She even has the same shield as pyrrha, unless 1 of them has a fake

Whatever magic the warriors orochi 3 did to her, she managed to retain her youth and suppleness.

I'm so mixed on the F2P model.

Nothing to be mixed about

Is all about what is theyr big plan

A- Is F2P just a smart move to do some money$ and give visibility to SC brand with no real impact in "official" chapters?
Perfect, totally support this

B- Is F2P the future of Namco fighting series?
Perfect, please die asap and go burn in hell where Vlad the fucking Tepes put giant burning oak poles up in your japanese anus

It's pretty simple actually :D

I don't think we have any reason to believe that this isn't the next "serious" SC chapter right now. I mean sure, I doubt it. But from a gameplay standpoint, I'm 99% sure that Tekken Revolution is a risk-free way to test the fighting engine for Tekken 7/Tekken x Street Fighter, and I'm sure it's the same for Lost Swords.

I don't think we have any reason to believe that this isn't the next "serious" SC chapter right now. I mean sure, I doubt it. But from a gameplay standpoint, I'm 99% sure that Tekken Revolution is a risk-free way to test the fighting engine for Tekken 7/Tekken x Street Fighter, and I'm sure it's the same for Lost Swords.

TGS Details
[url]http://www.gamespot.com/features/soulcalibur-lost-swords-singles-out-single-player-6414586/[/URL]

I guess I'm really not too sure on the endgame here, with it being specifically for single player (which is a detail I already knew about). Is this the direction they're wanting to take SC in or...?

That sounds like a pretty good idea, but I feel like this will be a non-canon dream game. Who knows? We have gaps even in the "present" time in SCV.

Oh dear. Here comes the "bring character x, y, and z" demands.

Bring back Cassandra!!

I´m happy for Sophitia and i´ll say this: i won´t lose the chance to play this game, doesn´t matter if i have to buy a PS3 or not, i will play it no matter what!

Back