Lost Swords

That, and probably obsessively tweaking everything to make sure they don't give us a third consecutive disappointment. I think they should take as much time as they need too and not rush.
But by it's very nature it is already a disappointment, surely.

That, and probably obsessively tweaking everything to make sure they don't give us a third consecutive disappointment. I think they should take as much time as they need too and not rush.
What do you mean third consecutive disappointment?

He probably means SC5 (Which I consider a great success btw), SC:LS beta, and SC:LS.
*She. I am a girl.
While I'm personally fine with them, the fanbase seems to be torn about SCV and SCII HD. That's what I meant. They probably know that the fans will flip their lids if the slightest thing is off, so they're taking all the time they need to make sure they don't get death threats. As an easily-amused optimist, I am pleased by this.

*She. I am a girl.
While I'm personally fine with them, the fanbase seems to be torn about SCV and SCII HD. That's what I meant. They probably know that the fans will flip their lids if the slightest thing is off, so they're taking all the time they need to make sure they don't get death threats. As an easily-amused optimist, I am pleased by this.
Thought Garjian, who's a boy, said that, sorry.

*She. I am a girl.
In what way is SCV a disappointment?

It will probably be the fact that some characters didn't return which was going to happen anyway, and there are some great styles that have replaced them such as Patroklos.
\(*T▽T*)/*cries over Zas, Tal, Rock/Bangoo and annoyingredheadkoreanboywhoshouldhavebeenHwang styles that's gone* <\3

That's why. Not that I don't like the characters in V, but like "Yo I've been playing as the Korean characters my entire life where'd they go man."
I understand, Yun Seong was my main man because I liked his style and Im still hoping for a comeback as a badass assassin or something, but SCV didn't disappoint me because he wasn't in it. Mechanically it's the best SC to me, single play content is lacking sure, but the game itself is pretty good. The Greeks are my only complaint.

I just think that people get too attached to actors/characters.

I just think that people get too attached to actors/characters.

Some become a really important part of our lifes. We don´t choose it, it just happens.

I love SC5 and I already got more than 1000 hours inside, but what they did with Cassandra, the woman I loved, made me suffer like hell from the first day we knew about the 17 years skip, they killed part of my soul and made me even think SC5 wasn´t worth it

I was lucky that Pyrrha came to rescue me, but next time they should think better about their fans, is normal to get attached to a character so is normal to suffer and worry when it gets in danger.

Now, with all this, they have character from SC5 and from before, I hope for next Soul Calibur games that they can make a balance so they can make happy most people. Personally, I wouldn´t mind if they try to put them all, as long as is all balanced. Altough, more personally I´ll be always happy as long as Cass, Pyrrha and Sophi are in it, but I try to think in others who love other characters =P

In conclude, for me SC5 is awesome but also a dissapointment.

In other words: People have favorite characters. Developers should know that by now. The idea of having your character killed off (let's say Talim, the Koreans, and Zaselamel), and not even replaced, is a bad move. SCV is probably the most balanced SC game there is, but keep in mind that PS did bad moves by not at least replacing the missing characters on the way. I don't have a problem with SCV or anything (heck, I still play the game), but (as a Setsuka/Xianghua player), I've always preferred the OGs over the new rip-offs.

Last edited:
But it's a game, how can it become a really important part of your life when it doesn't help you or affect your life in any way?

It just happens, is like football, to put an example, check how many people suffer just because of their team when is only a game.

Besides, this may sound weird, but is true: Cassandra saved me in 2010, where I was close to kill myself, but she gave me power to keep going and now I´m here and fighting thanks to her.

Every person is a world, we all have things that becomes really important, even when is something meaningless for others. Well, for some people is football, for me is Soul Calibur and the Alexandra girls, that´s why I hope them to be in next SC games

Now, Project Soul did SC5 in a certain way, for me it was a great game and I still enjoy it a lot thanks to cute Pyrrha, but even so check how many people suffers for Cassandra, Talim, Zasalamel and others. It´s not just a simple game for some of us, we really like to be with the ones who we feel a special bond with, so is normal to feel a certain dissapointment.

If you don´t feel the same way, then I respect you, but try to understand us too, because like I said, every person is a single world =)

Yeah, I personally like Natsu, Leixia, and Xiba. Most likely it's because I'm a young teenager and I like characters that are on the younger side either physically (See: Talim, Amy, trio above) or mentally (See: Koreans, Cassandra, Xianghua). Those characters give the game an energy that I have a lot of fun with. I hope they reinforce it in LS. There's nothing like playing a game set in the 1600's where there are characters who talk like they're straight out of Southern California.

On that note, let's say that Lost Swords takes place during the time skip. To preserve the energy of the aforementioned IV characters, the time skip from IV to Lost Swords would have to be about three years.
Our all-youth line-up:
-21-year-old Yunseong that will hopefully come to his senses and calm down a little.
-26-year-old Mi-na that would still have a thought process somewhere along the lines of "But my adventures tho"
-17-year-old Talim that will still hop around like a squirrel on a gallon of Red Bull, yet still be the most mature
-24-year-old Cassandra that might tone down on the jumpy fighting stance, but still be rocking that shield throw
-14-to-17-year-old Amy that will be even more pessimistic, apathetic, and fighting-wise: broken
-23-year-old Xianghua that will continue to make my extremely sensitive ears burn in agony.

But it's a game, how can it become a really important part of your life when it doesn't help you or affect your life in any way?

For some people, it's just different. For example, Soul Calibur was the first fighting game I decided to take seriously (I'd dabbled in old Tekken and SF, but it never stuck), and Cassandra was the first character I picked up. To be fair, my first SC was 3. It was a horrible time at first, but I started actually improving just before I lost touch with my SC-playing friends. When 4 was released, I met new people, mooched off of their copy of 4 (no PS3 at the time) and Cassandra worked just like I remembered... actually, she probably worked better IMO. When 5 was announced, I followed the release intensely, and ended up rather disappointed when Cassandra didn't return. I ended up playing any of the Alexanders, but none of them actually work the same way (Patroklos was the closest, but I ended up using Pyrrha).

If you really like a fighting game and your favorite character isn't in the next installment, it can hurt. But what do I know? I prefer Natsu to Taki, I miss OG Kilik and Xianghua, and ZWEI and Viola are really freaking weird.

I know a lot said it already, but I need to do it again:

Bring this game for Xbox 360 too, PLEASE!!!

The game has been delayed, they have time to do it xD

Edit: Oh, and bring Cassie back =P

Last edited:
Back