Lost Swords

WOW
l_534d10eaebcbc.jpg
are they officially a couple ?

It's about time! I am officially back to neutral status with Namco now :P

A couple? Beyond that they have always had a rivalry of sorts and their art goes well together? No.

SCLS still seems to be some sort of what-if megamix of Soul for the masses who like ... single player fighting games? Umm, yeah, so there seems to be no story advancement of any kind. Like the other returning characters, Taki's age is the same as her last appearance in a core installment.

Now, what is the hold up with the US release? Even Taki's trailer had her in ... english ... meh... I really hope the delay is so that our release is the full game and has some sort of Vs mode (and ring outs at least).

I guess I might as well put this here now:

That is done by "back porting" assets from SC: LS to SC5. Which works as well as shown in the video; a few minor bugs but stable overall. It does make it a bit of a shame Namco aren't just doing another release of SC5 using content created for SC: LS as it wouldn't be a lot of work (balancing would probably be the biggest problem), but well, no surprise really. SC4: Broken Destiny would probably have been easy for them to make for other platforms too, but they chose not to.

I guess I might as well put this here now:

That is done by "back porting" assets from SC: LS to SC5. Which works as well as shown in the video; a few minor bugs but stable overall.
It makes a lot of sense, given the special effects (weapon trail changing colors) and doing SCV-level damage. But they could've at least updated their looks and show some signs of aging. Just ripping models from a game from 2008 seems lazy to me.

It makes a lot of sense, given the special effects (weapon trail changing colors) and doing SCV-level damage. But they could've at least updated their looks and show some signs of aging. Just ripping models from a game from 2008 seems lazy to me.
No way in hell are they going to put a 46-year-old in a skin-tight bodysuit. God knows they haven't aged well.

I still don't get why people are still somehow trying to make chronological sense out of this game... lol
I look at SCLS as just simply a mish-mash - just for fun - F2P - game experiment what have you and has really nothing to do with the story canon at all.

And they didn't just rip the models right out of the previous game either although a good portion was "borrowed" and reformatted to port. SC5 (and SCLS)'s engine is slightly different in that it needs an additional texture layer (lightmaps) and the normal maps are a bit different as well. Frankly (IMHO) in some instances, some of the character models from SC4 actually look better than their recent renditions in SCLS (like Taki).

Taki (SC4 model on left / SCLS model on right)

3450mev.jpg

She still looks okay but some of the finer details are on the more simpler side. However, it looks a bit more "flat" IMO. The same goes for Sophitia when you compare her looks in SCLS vs SC4. Still you get what you get. (I don't want to say "It is what it is" - been hearing that all week at work - sick and tired of that tag line).

Last edited:
I still don't get why people are still somehow trying to make chronological sense out of this game... lol
I look at SCLS as just simply a mish-mash - just for fun - F2P - game experiment what have you and has really nothing to do with the story canon at all.

And they didn't just rip the models right out of the previous game either although a good portion was "borrowed" and reformatted to port. SC5 (and SCLS)'s engine is slightly different in that it needs an additional texture layer (lightmaps) and the normal maps are a bit different as well. Frankly (IMHO) in some instances, some of the character models from SC4 actually look better than their recent renditions in SCLS (like Taki).

Taki (SC4 model on left / SCLS model on right)

3450mev.jpg

She still looks okay but some of the finer details are on the more simpler side. However, it looks a bit more "flat" IMO. The same goes for Sophitia when you compare her looks in SCLS vs SC4. Still you get what you get. (I don't want to say "It is what it is" - been hearing that all week at work - sick and tired of that tag line).
It's not about chronological sense. It just seemed lazy for them to simply reuse designs from a game over six years old. SCV is at least more recent. One thing about the models from SCIV was that they tended to look like plastic, but seeing the models use SCV's engine and lighting seems to make them look a lot better...

No way in hell are they going to put a 46-year-old in a skin-tight bodysuit. God knows they haven't aged well.
Japanese women (or asian women as a whole) tend to age well, actually.

Back