Lots of Upcoming Changes for 8WAYRUN

• Admin
So just in case you haven't been paying attention the last few months, there have been lots of changes to this website. A few months back, I announced my intentions to expand 8WAYRUN into a network of websites; not just for Soulcalibur, and not just for fighting games. Since then I've been coding a lot of additions into the website in preparation for this expansion.

As I've said before, except for the forum platform itself, much of this website was coded in house. The event calendar, the live streaming system, the ranking ladder, the media library and the wiki were all written by me specifically for this community. My software has since been adopted all across the FGC on websites such as: VFDC, TestYourMight, FreeStepDodge, SkullHeart and Smashboards.

header.jpg

Anyways, because of the upcoming expansion, I've been hardcore programming for the past few months. I've made small changes, and big changes. Added new features, and taken a few away. I'm making this post to keep you guys informed about upcoming changes, as well as the status of current changes.

In progress:
  • NEW SKIN! http://8wayrun.com/misc/style?style_id=6
    • Yes, I know the skin is very white, and very bright! I'm working on cleaning it up, and eventually creating a darker version. If you can handle the white, you should try using the new skin. It is much cleaner and faster than the old skin and you will definitely feel the performance boost.
  • Media section rewrite for performance boosts...
Completed:
  • Live streaming system has been implemented! http://8wayrun.com/streams/
    • A more indepth discussion of this new system can be found on this thread.
    • A new "channel submission" feature has been added!
  • Ranks section rewrite for performance boosts...
  • Wiki section rewrite for performance boosts...
  • Portal support for full width image headers...
  • Category system for the portal so its easy to find relevant news and announcements.
  • Icon zooming on portal blocks (such as soul arena icons and live stream previews)...
Upcoming:
  • Portal section rewrite for performance boosts...
  • Events section rewrite for performance boosts...
As these updates get underway in the upcoming months, you may see sections periodically go down while code changes are being applied. If you guys have any feature requests, just let me know.

-----
EDIT: URL CHANGES!

Also, I need to point out that with a lot of these changes, URLs are going to change. Many URLs in the Ranks section have changed; but for the most part, those changes aren't problematic. The issue will come when the Media, Events and Wiki sections change.

In the past, a URL to a playlist on the media section would look like:
Code:
http://8wayrun.com/media/playlist/apex-2013-soulcalibur-v.48/edit
With the new system, the URL will look slightly different:
Code:
http://8wayrun.com/media/apex-2013-soulcalibur-v.48/playlist/edit
Unfortunately, these changes are a necessity to facilitate these planned performance boosts.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
The new URLs for the media section have been instated... however, I have set up some automatic redirects that should conform the old URLs into the new ones. With this though, the enhancements to the media section are still in progress as I will pretty be rewriting the entire parser system for it.

You guys should notice some new features in the streaming system... the ability to change the video size, and go cinema mode specifically.

Tapatalk 2 says your API is expired & needs to be renewed (updated).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Now if you pick the Light (Responsive) theme the forum works directly usin your cell (the screen automatically adjusts to regular or landscape)- so no need to use another program to look at the forum.

Live streams

15 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
The only thing I know for real
5 Viewers
theheartlessproject
theheartlessproject
(18+) [Vtuber] DAY 16 OF SUBATHON STREAM!!!!, every sub adds an hr, every dollar donation adds 10 mins
3 Viewers
SC_Shadow78
SC_Shadow78
3rd stream test but with 60fps
1 Viewers
AdamCrowGaming
AdamCrowGaming
SoulCalibur VI Two-Face Mode Part 5: A Fliptastic Rescue!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back