Madison SCV Tourney #1 Results 2/4/12

jimmypikachuchoi

[10] Knight
Wow, yesterday was crazy! We had a pretty decent showing for our 1st MAJOR, 20 ppl entering the tourney, 5 new recruits, I'm happy to say we are well on our way to reaching our goal in no time. Thanks to all of those who brought setups and helped to clean up. Hope this was a great event for you guys as well.

Results:
1. jimmypikachuchoi (Lex)
2. MysticBill (Natsu)
3. Dr_Tom (Pyrrha, Viola)
4. Fafnier (Maxi)
5. Ora (Pyrrha)
5. Orange (Mitsurugi)
7. Outlaw (Patroklos)
7. Phil Bond (Siegfried)
9. Supa (Yoshi)
9. Anduril (Asta)
9. Rignite (Yoshi)
9. iKotomi (Pyrrha)
13. Omari (Maxi)
13. AkumaKaze (Yoshi)
13. Tomi (Lex)
13. Mao ()
17. Shadow (Siegfried, Ezio)
17. Lokim (Viola)
17. Metallix (Raph, Pyrrha)
17. Rogin (Raph)

Finals:
Set 1:
jimmypikachuchoi-MysticBill
Lex-Natsu

Set 2:
jimmypikachuchoi-MysticBill
Lex-Natsu

Doubles, Nonleague tourney
(unsure of the other results at the time...but TEAM A, Dr_Tom/MysticBill were in the grand finals, TEAM G Amber/Supa were stuck in Loser's finals, Team B Phil Bond/Shadow vs. Rignite/iKotomi may have been halted bc of time)
4. iKotomi/Rignite
5. AkumaKaze/Strakaman
5. Stefan/Fafnier
7. Outlaw/Metallix
7. Pouncer/Khzhak
9. jimmypikachuchoi/Gremlyn
9. Lokim/Rogin
9. Tomi/Mao

--------------------------------------------​
League rankings as of 2/4/12
1.(5-1)jimmypikachuchoi 33pts (24+9)
2.(5-2)MysticBill 28 pts (20+8)
3.(5-2)Dr_Tom 22pts (16+6)
4.(5-2)Fafnier 17pts (12+5)
5.(3-2)Orange 16pts (10+6)
6.(2-2)Ora 14pts (10+4)
7.(3-2)Outlaw 11pts (8+3)
7.(3-2)Phil Bond 11pts (8+3)
9.(2-2)iKotomi 10pts (6+4)
10.(2-2)Anduril 9pts (6+3)
11.(1-2)Rigntie 8pts (6+2)
11.(1-2)Supa 8pts (6+2)
13.(1-2)Tomi 6pts (4+2)
14.(1-2)Mao 5pts (4+1)
15.(0-2)Strakaman 4 pts (4+0)
15.(0-2)AkumaKaze 4pts (4+0)
17.(0-2)Lokim 2pts (2+0)
17.(0-2)Rogin 2 pts (2+0)
17.(0-2)Metallix 2 pts (2+0)(-$40[entry plus sciv stick])
17.(0-2)Shadow 2pts (2+0)(-$36)
**has given up rights to win the ultimate prize, unless other tier 1 players join the league
**are not eligible to win prizes as they are not part of the league
** owe league money.
403214_10150659655561241_745746240_11745656_1471975809_n.jpg

Since SCV Tourney #1, we have collected Madison's SCV League Membership Fee.
SCV League Members(as of 02/04/12):

AkumaKaze ($15)-Wk68
ALLCAPS
Anduril ($10) wk61
Baka-JOIN!!!
Battousai-JOIN!!!!
Bubba-JOIN!!!!
Butts ($1)-Wk64
CJ7-JOIN!!!!
Daners Dorkus ($10) wk63
Dark Hogosha- JOIN!!!!
Dillon
Dooku- JOIN!!!
Dr Tom ($12) wk65
Erik Sua ($1) Wk64
Faellie
Fafnier($6)SCVWk1
Fuzion
Gremlyn- JOIN!!!
iKotomi($10) wk62
Jesster
jimmypikachuchoi ($225) wk61
John
Just Jake
Ken
Kerenata- JOIN!!!!
Khzhak ($20) wk69
Kinrogin ($20)SCVWk1
Lokim ($20)-SCVWk1
Loser
Mao ($10) Wk 64
Mason ($1) Wk 64
Mateo Galvan
Metallix ($10) wk63
MSPLT($20) wk70
MysticBill ($7) wk 65, SCVWk1
Nick R
Ora ($16) wk62
Orange ($10) wk63
Outlaw ($10) wk62
Phil Bond ($10) wk63
Pouncer ($10) Wk64
Rignite ($20)-SCVWk1
schabit
Shadow ($20)-SCVWk1
Strakaman ($12)-Wk64
Supa ($20)-SCVWk1
Syxx
Tomi ($10)-Wk62
Ultimate Ninja
Voodoo-JOIN!!!!
Zoltan
PS3 GAME RATCHET and CLANK ALL4ONE ($35)
PS3 GAME Little Big Planet 2 ($30)
MONEY for ultimate prizes as of 02.04.12($601.00/~$1000.00)
PS3 SYSTEM $210

Other ppl, who are interested in becoming a league member please facebook me. My profile is Jimmy Wingleung Choi.

Well, I'm back. A few things in my life have changed since the last time I visited in the community. First, I moved to Calmar, Iowa. I'm 2 hours north of Cedar Rapids. Yes, Jimmy, I did say that I was 90 minutes away from Cedar Rapids, but I keep confusing Cedar Rapids with Cedar Falls. Second is that I am now happily married for almost a year now. Hell, my wife was the one who got me my new stick (with difficulty) and SC V (as an early Valentine's day present).
Well, I still play Maxi, and I am trying to adjust to the changes with SC V. I don't plan on attending the meeting on the 12th, but I'll try to attend the one on the 26th.
Have fun everybody!

I am sorry that I had missed out on the group photo shot. Perhaps on the next group shot I will be able to make it back on time (from doing errands). I do apologize for delaying our doubles match, I had go back to get my PS3 controller at home. Just not use to playing with a joystick (even through I'm in the same generation of playing in the arcade with some of you in that age range). So far I do like playing with X's daughter Lexia (miss playing with her mother). :sc5lei1::sc2xia3:

When I have a chance to (not at work or too tired from it) I'll play her some more on the system.

SC5 Single event

Rinjnite (Yoshmitsu II) - Nice to have meet you. Welcome to the league. Btw, I so HATE your Yoshmitsu II and his !@#$% spin kick!

Max (Nightmare) - UGH!!!! ::shaking my fist at your Nightmare::

SC5 Doubles event

Rinjnite (Yoshimitsu II)/iKotomi (?) - Rinjnite, it was bad enough I got paired and lost to you in Singles. WTF paired against you again?! You and that kick! You didn't like it when I picked your Yoshmitsu II's feet and dropped him on his head. ;)

iKotomi, I was so ready to play against you there (give you payback for getting 1st in SSF4AE-2012 that I was going to win the whole thing). Your lucky that your partner was doing well for you both. How did you two wind up doing ultimately in the event?

Shadow (Ezio)/Phil Bond (Nightmare/Siegfried) - When I came on over to our pairing (was getting my drink). I saw that Outlaw was opening a can of whoop ass on you two. ;) j/k

Shadow, I started to get my SC footing in against you. Curse you and those !@#$% arrows! ::on a Patroklos::
The 2nd match between you and me I had to go onto bitch mode with you (Pyrrha Q). ;)

Phil Bond, as always you never lose a step in the SC series. All I had to do in the 2nd match with you was to hit you one more time to either kill you or ring you out!

Outlaw (SC5 Doubles partner) - Since Saturday I've been feeling bad that I let you down during both pairings. Because of my stupidly missing two of my hits that could have turned things around for our team. :( I wouldn't blame you (or anyone else) if you didn't want to pair with me again (I wouldn't want to pair with myself either) -.-

Game wise I felt a bit behind due getting the game on Friday night at 8:30pm and the fact there little room on the PS3 HD (less than 500 MB) for me to have practiced. Compared to a good number of you that had gotten your copies on the day before release (on pre-order) or of the game's release.

SC5 singles
Raphael/Pyrrha Q/a Patroklos

SC5 doubles
Pyrrha Q

This was a fun tournament. It was great to see everyone and have a big tournament.

Jimmy: GGs. Way to not get into the game until the first tournament. Way to play your main like ass against me until winners finals. Now I know what I need to work on. I look forward to playing you again. I know neither of us have reached our full potential yet.

Dr_Tom: You sir, have very solid fundamentals. And you performed well in high pressure situations. You only lack experience at this point. Keep putting time into your game and it will pay off

Fafnier: Great to see you and good job repping that Maxi. Hope to see you at future majors. Lets be sure to play against each other next time.

Ora: I talked to you IRL about your performance(btw you stunk). I think you bummed yourself out after your loss against jimmy. Then your mind was not in the game. Take this as a learning experience. Also, in the pad vs stick discussion, consider this: http://stores.horiusa.com/-strse-123/Playstation-3-Fighting-Commander/Detail.bok

Orange: Way to get top 6. Maybe you should let me teach you things. Just saying.

Outlaw: You get out of this game, what you put into it. I don’t think any character or combo is beyond you if you work hard enough. Do or do not, there is no try.

Phil Bond: When we play casuals, you make very good decisions and do things that make me think you could be really good at the game. I think you have a very good idea of the game, now the time has come to make a decision on what to focus on. Don’t sweat it too much because you can change mains.

Anduril: Way to pick up the game at tournament casuals and learn your character and beat people. Imagine if you had been working on this since the game came out.

iKotomi: Good to see you, I wish we played some casuals

Omari: I look forward to seeing you maxi evolve

Tomi: Lexia is looking good

Mao: I wish I could stay in town and show you what I know with Knightmare. Keep at it, its looking good.

Shadow: Looking good with Ezio. Get that strategy guide and keep working on it. Good seeing ya.

Lokim: You should play this game.

Regnite: Welcome to the community. Nice Yoshi. I think you have some potential.

Everyone else: I am surprised that I did not interact with everyone. If you see me, come play against me. I will help you get better.

One thing I think that would improve this event is more casuals. Doubles tournament was fun but I think everyone just wanted to play around. We should get a timer and make people rotate stations after every 30 mins or something. There were a lot of people I did not play against. If we get the room early, we should get casuals going right away so we get our money’s worth out of the venue.

GGs to everyone again, I will see you at the next one.

Me and my buddy Brad will have to try to make it out to Madison one day. I miss u folks and Jimmy's Family cooking. ^_^

BTW I <3 SCV so yay!!!! Add me on PSN for matches folks (devildigimon) .

<3 <3 <3

You guys are too kind. Thanks much for the warm welcome. Was fun playing with everyone and definitely picked up on a lot of nuances I had overlooked about the game before.

Unfortunately I do not (yet) own a PS3 of my own, having been a mostly PC gamer with his old trusty PS2. Girlfriend and I are luckily in discussions of one with our tax returns, so hopefully that'll come to fruition.

As for my Yoshi well, he's always just been a passing fancy character of mine. I simply depended on him because I've always known the lethality and dependability of that nasty kick of his. I don't know combos, terms, or anything fancy quite yet.

But fighting? Oh I know fighting.

"SCV BETTER NOT SUCK LOL. OR ELSE...YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FROM ME! :p"

soo, why aren't we hearing the end of it?

I wanted to play so much more... (think I kind of hogged one of the setups, but people should ask if they want to play). Felt kind of bad that I had barely had time with the game so I tried to win with just gimmicks and whiff punishes, but luckily people were able to catch on so the better player won.

In the past, even with three setups it was rarely the case that all of them were being used at the same time. Hopefully with SC5, this will change.

Alright, yeah, let's do this thing we do:

First and foremost...

Shadow: My doubles partner. People never give you enough credit, and I think that might be your best secret weapon. Way to take care of Aaron. Keep working on that Ezio game.

Amber: What's this I hear about you running out of morale after one loss? You humiliated me as usual with your lighting speed Greek shenanigans. When you don't take any comfort from that, I feel insulted.

Bill: I tried to outrun everyone in the early-learning arms race, but I just didn't apply enough directed focus. Now that I've got some more unlocks and cheevos in the bag, I should be able to scare people a bit more on my next outing. It's really a shame you won't be around to keep the bar propped up.

Jimmy: This was a dynamite event. Great venue choice, great feng shui, everyone was comfortable and focused, I'm really glad you went to all that special trouble. It's sad that the league structure scares some people away, but maybe we can make some changes. It doesn't have to be too late. In-game: it hardly looks like you've struggled in the transition to Leixia. Your style still comes through.

Aaron: U still mad at the roster bro?

Rignite and Beth: Welcome! Like I told our journalist friend, you'll stay for the atmosphere, and get better from the peer pressure! I kid, I kid... No, I don't. That's how it works.

Sean: What was all that moaning about not having a chance?

Fafnier: Always great to see you, man. Glad to hear you've got one of those "real lives" going on the side. Sounds pretty good.

Metallix: When was this that you only needed one hit to do what to me? I hope you've got this game at home to practice on, because only a genius like Matt can expect to get wins on a game they don't own. Don't spend so much tournament time making custom characters on other people's playstations. That's valuable time that you could be using to learn fundamentals from a room full of good teachers.

Tim: Thanks for letting me steal your DJ stats. He's lookin' good. I just gave him the floppy wings that unlock at level 52. Pretty goofy, but I like it.

iKotomi: You and Amber picked the opposite characters I expected. Scary-ass Greek girls... I need to see more.

Can't wait for Sunday, everybody. Let's keep this good thing going.

Metallix: When was this that you only needed one hit to do what to me? I hope you've got this game at home to practice on, because only a genius like Matt can expect to get wins on a game they don't own. Don't spend so much tournament time making custom characters on other people's playstations. That's valuable time that you could be using to learn fundamentals from a room full of good teachers.

Can't wait for Sunday, everybody. Let's keep this good thing going.

Yes I do have the game. But not enough space on the PS3 HD (less than 500MB). :( FYI, I was only on ONE PS3 that was Jimmy's. I was looking at create character features while in between training mode with the characters I played on. Are you saying that I don't have fundamentals in any SC game?! >:(

Yes I do have the game. But not enough space on the PS3 HD (less than 500MB). :( FYI, I was only on ONE PS3 that was Jimmy's. I was looking at create character features while in between training mode with the characters I played on. Are you saying that I don't have fundamentals in any SC game?! >:(

Yes.

Back