Making use of crappy moves

Fame96

[08] Mercenary
I'm mainly taking about the really bad ones a good example is AAB4. Any other moves that fit into this category feel free to post the way you use them.

AAB4 has an extremely high guard burst, doesn't it? Not sure if it tracks or not, but if it does, the charge can still be used as a step killer/mix up.

Don't be like that goofy we found uses for wrk and 6(B) and they are only shells of their former selfs

Yea, figured that's what would happen. Pretty much it's the same as 1(A) K, completely useless, unless you're fighting DIME, HEYO!!!

1(A)K is far from useless it's the only thing keeping players from jumping over 1(A)

Not really, 1(A) K can be seen coming from a mile away, you can easily duck/punish it. Either way, you duck, you're going to block 1A, or duck 1(A) K, either way, the grab is useless. Most people once you do it to them, won't fall for the same trick more than once or twice. Unless you're DIME HAHA!

You're supposed to use 1[A]K in anticipation of your opponent jumping the 1[A], using it as a standalone attack isn't a great idea.

1(A) rapes guard gauge eventally they will be pushed into a corner with a blinking red gauge. Then they will have two choices, jump over 1(A), or lose the match. That is when 1(A)K comes in. They jump, you throw out 1(A)K, they get hit and still lose the match. I play a lot of sets with my friend and he really needs to contrentrate to read my 1(A)K considering I mix up the timing a lot thus making it useful in some situations.

You can actually vary timing of 1(a)k. To really fuck up their timing on jumping it. There the instant version or charged. Input 1a and instantly press k while still holding (A) for instant or charge the (A) for a sec then input k for the charged version.

I use 1[A]K It saves my life plus some people like to jump when they are near the edge to avoid getting hit by 1[A]6
GS KBE or when they tired of getting hit by 1[A]

at 10:15 I use 1[A]K to win the match

4:25 again I use 1[A]K6 GS K BE to win the Match

Any decent player familiar with his 1aK "mix-up" will beat it out with a 9K or 9B. Not to mention his 1(A) can be pretty easily just guarded. Imo, using bad moves or gimmicks will only be detrimental to your progress as a player and I think that that's doubly true for Nightmare players. Just don't use them.

anybody saying 1(a)k is completely useless for NM really don't know NM well... it's not abusable... but there's plenty of uses in certain situations.

but everybody above have said enough...

as for making 'useless moves' useful.... maybe people don't notice.. but SC is a series with a crap load of 'useless'moves.... and some of them will never have any use... AAB4 is a good example... if anyone finds anyway to use this it'll be nice....

but I guess this is a good place to brainstorm... because sometimes pulling off 'random' stuff that works will open your mind and gimmicks that aren't used often are usually very useful when you're playing someone new (like in tournaments)

-LAU

It might be a good idea to keep this thread open in case someone finds out something new about the useless moves. I'm not giving up hope yet I going to put these moves to use even if I end up losing some matches

Back