[Mar 17, 2012] K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives (Orlando, Florida)

For the first ever 5 Dollar Footdives, it is going down! We will cross the line, with the first ever Orlando X Tampa event.

Now, we suggest you pre-register on this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFEyZ1lYcVVzOFg0NElvV05qV0lLelE6MQ

Sore Thumbs in Tampa will now run all of the FGC fighting games at this event. And we're not just talking the originally planned Marvel and Street Fighter X Tekken. He will also be running your other favorites: ( at least 8 people must enter, otherwise it is cancelled)
Arcade Edition v2012
King of Fighters XIII
Soul Calibur 5
Mortal Kombat
BlazBlue

Tournaments will start every hour, and signups will stop a half hour before each event. The times for 12, 2, 4, and 6 for the previously announced games will stand. The other events (starting at 1,3,5,7) will be placed in as well. The larger games will be earlier (such as AE) while smaller games will run later, if at all (again, at least 8 entrants). Streaming will still start at 8pm for finals

Start Times:
Brawl Doubles: 12pm noon
King of Fighters XIII & SoulCalibur V: 1pm
Street Fighter x Tekken Doubles: 2pm
Street Fighter x Tekken Singles & BlazBlue CS Extend: 3pm
Brawl Singles: 4pm
AE2012: 5pm
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 6pm
Mortal Kombat: 7pm
3rd Strike & Guilty GearXXAC: TBD only if we have at least 8 pre-regs

For future Tampa FGC events, please visit http://www.facebook.com/sorethumbstampa

For full details, go to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318542 or http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...u-b-5-dollar-footdives-winter-park-fl.156458/

You dont have to be a registered user to see the thread, but quick rundown:

Venue opens: 11AM

Registration for every game will end 15 minutes before Brawl doubles, and 30 minutes before all other events. Things will actually start on time (or as close to humanly possible on time as a videogame tournament can be). If you do not think you will get here before registration ends for a game, have someone sign you up, or let me know well before the time limit so I can put you in myself.

At 8pm, we will start every individual game semis/finals. Every game will be played down to top 4-6 (depending on time constraints), which will then be saved for the finals section. They will go in order of tourneys: (Brawl doubles top 4, then SFxT top 4-6, then Marvel top 4-6, finished off by braw singles top 4. If marvel is not down to top 4 by the time its to be streamed/played, it will switch with brawl singles in stream/play order

Being 5 Dollar Footdives, you can imagine that everything is $5 each:

Door Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5
SFxT Singles: $5
SFxT Doubles: $5
UMVC3, KoF13, SC5, BBCSEX, AE, MK: $5 each

For any singles event, if there are 16 or more entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts A: 40/25/15/10/5/5
If there are 15 or less entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts B: 50/25/15/10

For Brawl & SFxT doubles, anything over 8 teams will have the payout percentages:
Doubles Payouts A: 50/25/15/10
For Brawl & SFxT doubles, for 7 teams or less:
Doubles Payouts B: 60/25/15

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

BRAWL RULES:
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

This will be Unity Ruleset (aka MetaKnight banned) with the Apex Stagelist

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

FGC Games General Rules:
All matches are Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
Pool play will be incorporated for any tournament with more than 128 entries
You may request Blind Pick
No turbo buttons allowed for any games
This is a BYOC (bring your own controller/converter or joystick) event
Equipment malfunctions that pause/reset matches may result in game/match losses at the discretion of the tournament director
All dipswitch settings set to default when applicable
Finals are all 3 out of 5 matches
All FGC games will be played on XBOX 360

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:
Galactus Mode is banned from tournament play
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner keeps same starting character, but can switch order of assists
You may not use the same character twice on the same team
All characters are tournament legal, including Jill and Shuma Gorath

Street Fighter x Tekken:
Gems are BANNED. Wireless controllers will be allowed for Teams due to possible lack of USB ports on the consoles. BRING BATTERIES!

Mortal Kombat: If anyone has Komplete, please bring it
King of Fighters: We'll try to have all the DLC characters available
SoulCaliburV: Dampierre may or may not be available
AE: Some colors and taunts may not be available
BlazBlue: Standard tourney rules

Sore Thumbs is providing 6 to 8 360's with LCD TVs. If you want MK, SC5, and/or BlazBlue run on PS3, bring your system & disc. GDX is able to provide a full setup for XBOX 360 and Wii. We will need more Wii's to run Brawl in a timely manner. Next Level Lan has some CRT tvs that aren't being used, so bring everything you can.

Also if you have any spare PC microphones that would also help. My current streaming equipment only composite inputs, but I do have a cables for both 360 and wii to fit.

For those who do bring a full setup for any game, you will get entry into a drawing to where two different winners will get reimbursed their $5 door fee by me personally (which you can then use at a Subway down the street if you really want to )

Sorry for the late notice. Didn't know Steve hadn't already posted this here. Everyone in Orlando, try and show up!

No melee?
Eh, why do I care, I live in Michigan and don't even like Melee.
But, no Melee? I'm more into Brawl myself.

Back