[Mar 17, 2012] SoulCalibur Impact: UK, EMEA Final and PARTY (Hampstead, London)

Jaxel

Administrator
Date:
17th March 2011​

Time:
Doors: 12noon​
UK tournament registration: 12-1.30pm (see ‘registration’ details below)​
EMEA tournament: 4pm​
Closes: 11pm​

Venue:
St Stephen’s Rosslyn Hill, Pond St, Hampstead, London NW3 2PP​
Nearest underground: 2min walk from Belsize Park (Northern Line)​

UK Tournament Registration:
To enter, fill out the form here: www.soulcalibur-impact.com. Please note that we do expect the tournament to be subscribed so this doesn’t guarantee your spot. Please arrive early for registration on the day to secure your spot.​

UK Tournament Prizes:
1st place – entrance to the European finals, £500, trophy, Madcatz stick, Insert Coin ‘Cervantes’ design t-shirt​
2nd place – Madcatz stick, Insert Coin ‘Cervantes’ design t-shirt​
3rd place – Madcatz stick, Insert Coin ‘Cervantes’ design t-shirt​

EU Final:
The EU final will take place straight after the UK tournament, kicking off around 4pm – same day, same venue. We will welcome players from across the continent and other PAL territories such as Australia. The winner of this gets to go to the world final and wins £1,000 amongst other things.​

If you don’t make the contestant list, or even if you just want to come along for some fun then our doors are open all day to spectators!

Party:
Throughout the day we’ll be giving away on-the-spot prizes and freebies. We’ll have lots of set ups for casual play including previous SoulCalibur games (SoulCalibur Dreamcast tournament anyone?), free refreshments, DJ, etc. So if you fancy coming down and kicking the Namco Bandai staff’s asses on a few games and having a few drinks then we’ll be there until 11pm.​

Streaming:
All matches will be streamed by EX Dragon Project and can be viewed here: http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/soulcalibur-v-stream

A tale of sticks and skills, eternally retold...

Already qualified for this, dont know about other players:

Dagotth- Germany
Ring- Poland
Trace - Spain
New guy- Switzerland (Qualifier was same day as Cannes, so no big names participated)

Here are the dates of national qualifiers for this:
  • Belgium - March 10th at Utopolis in Mechelen.
  • Denmark -start on the 11th of February (Online tournament in partnership with Gamereactor) .
  • Finland - February 11th at Katariinankatu 18 in Pori.
  • France - March 10th in Paris (in partnership with FNAC) .
  • Germany - February 25th at the Kolner Jugendpark in Koln.
  • Italy - February 8th at the Straf Hotel in Milan.
  • Netherlands - March 10th at the Pathé Tuschinski in Amsterdam.
  • Norway - start on the 11th of February (Online tournament in partnership with Gamersparadise) .
  • Poland - February 25th at the Lucid Club in Warsaw.
  • Portugal - February 25th , online tournament.
  • Russia - February 19th at MediaMarkt in Moscow.
  • Singapore - March 3rd at e2MAX@Cinleleisure in Singapore.
  • Spain - February 25th at the HUB Madrid in Madrid.
  • Sweden - February 18th at the Gamer Meetup in Stockholm.
  • Switzerland - February 18th at the Club Block in Zurich.
  • United Kingdom - March 17th at St Stephen's Rosslyn Hill in London.

Why the fuck is it PS3 when every other tournament in this country is on Xbox?
FFS Namco...
Now I need to dual mod my stick.

But the biggest two scenes on the continent both use Xbox for any important tournaments and the PS3 players have converters, xbox players don't...

This is a conspiracy I say!!!

So update on the other winners:

Dagotth- Germany (Omega)
Ring- Poland (Ivy)
Trace - Spain (Viola)
Stef- Switzerland
Rufus- Russia (Natsu)
Youssef Faddoul- Australia
Lari- Finnland
AdDiCtO- Greece (Mitsu)
Rikimaru- Italy (Natsu)
sssZYLPHsss- Sweden (Algol)

I'm hoping to come down for this
Props to everyone that qualified for it, looking forward to seeing all you guys (especially looking forward to seeings Ring's Ivy woot).

I will try to enter UK qualifier in morning, but I'm a scrub in comparison to most UK players.
I'm calling dibs on Synraii making top 3 for UK (I wont go too far and jinx you man)

I've seen some 360 to PS3 convertors around
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/xbox-3...ontroller-adapter-converter-100cm-cable-42000

But just for cross-compatibility reasons, I ditched my TE-S stick in favour of a dualmodded Datel.
If you're up for it, you can get Paewang dualmod PCB to mod your existing stick

but good luck with the training guys!
Single Elimination format will be brutal ;)

Hmm, 10 days left yet I still have no info whatsoever about the trip to London.

I fear they will let me know just before the event that I will have to travel to that gaming place by myself from the airport and then go back to the airport when it's over. I have never been in London. I don't know anything about the city and how to move around it xD Would someone be willing to help me (and probably some other players as well) with that if Namco won't provide me/us any help?

Ring lost in London. You really don't want that to happen :P

Hmm, 10 days left yet I still have no info whatsoever about the trip to London.

I fear they will let me know just before the event that I will have to travel to that gaming place by myself from the airport and then go back to the airport when it's over. I have never been in London. I don't know anything about the city and how to move around it xD Would someone be willing to help me (and probably some other players as well) with that if Namco won't provide me/us any help?

Ring lost in London. You really don't want that to happen :P
yeah ill be glad to help, but just wondering to participate in this one, did you have to go to all others
also what airport

I know from daGOTTh that he already knows his flights and the hotel where he stays for one night after the tournament. Even though you won't take the same plane, you could get in contact with him (or other finalists) to get to your hotel and the venue together.

I know from daGOTTh that he already knows his flights and the hotel where he stays for one night after the tournament. Even though you won't take the same plane, you could get in contact with him (or other finalists) to get to your hotel and the venue together.
Right now I don't know if I will go to London at all. 10 days left and I know literally nothing. No one has contacted me about the trip. I don't know who will pay for it and how. I wrote to Hayato from France, I hope he can give me some answers but it's not looking very good.

In the tournament rules it said that Namco will pay for the trip and hotel. However, there is no Namco branch in Poland (and in a few other EU contries as well) so no one knows anything...

I'm a Namco forum moderator so I do have direct contact with the UK guys so I'll let them know and see if they can sort something out for you Ring.

Back