Mass Effect 3!

crow_winters

[11] Champion
Man, I can't believe how info free the internet is on this atm. I'm sure that'll change in... the next few hours, lol. So how are people liking this? I'm going to try and snag my copy after work today.

I loved! ME2 so much, but i am not on the ME3 hype train yet... A bad sign?

Maybe, but i still buy it nonetheless.

Man, I can't believe how info free the internet is on this atm. I'm sure that'll change in... the next few hours, lol. So how are people liking this? I'm going to try and snag my copy after work today.

CROW! I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. It's moider. But... but. We have to play some of the multiplayer. Speaking of which what of the demo characters?

LOVE this game! I still miss the rpg focus of the first game but it is still fun nonetheless.

Does anyone know where to find the artifacts to give to the Salarian arms dealer so he'll sell to the Turian general? I need to get the General off of the Blue Sun's back so they will join the war effort.

I want to romance Kaidan, but I read that FemSheps can only continue relationships from ME, but male Shepards can make new relationships with him! HELP ME!!

I want to romance Kaidan, but I read that FemSheps can only continue relationships from ME, but male Shepards can make new relationships with him! HELP ME!!

Pretty much how I ended up doing it:

Go visit him in the hospital whenever you can. Bring him the bottle of whiskey you can get from the hospital terminal while he's there as well. Then, just keep talking to him between missions until he sends you an email via private terminal asking you to meet on the Citadel. Follow through with that, and you'll end up with him. Though - quick warning - you can't open a relationship with him if you're already in one with someone else. If you go meet him on the citadel while in a relationship with someone else, the conversation won't lead to a romance.

As for my thoughts on the game - great. It was made really well, was glad about a lot of the changes made from 2->3. A lot of the choices weren't clear cut, and I actually stopped for a while on a couple of them (something I don't do in BioWare games at all).

However, I do have to say the ending wasn't to my taste, and if you want to know why I'll spoiler tag it so you don't accidentally figure out more than you want to:

I really felt kinda like my choices in the past 2 games were completely invalidated. Nothing was followed up on. I don't know how the Galaxy turned out, or what happened to the rest of my team at all. All I know is what happened to Shepard, and how I presumably saved everyone. (And note: This is with the perfect ending on a new game +) So yeah. Kinda disappointed here. The game should have had an epilogue for each ending a la Dragon Age 1. For being the end of an epic trilogy, I wished I would have seen how all my choices effected the final result of the galaxy, and my crew. Whether Shep lives or dies, I just want to know just how much he/she made an impact, instead of the artsy "new world" open ended ending they obviously went for. Felt a lot like a cop out. However, I will say I almost prefer the Shepard dies endings. I feel that's the only proper way for it to have ended.

And in leaving, I impart with you a picture of my shepard:

8MQoG.jpg

Pretty much how I ended up doing it:

Go visit him in the hospital whenever you can. Bring him the bottle of whiskey you can get from the hospital terminal while he's there as well. Then, just keep talking to him between missions until he sends you an email via private terminal asking you to meet on the Citadel. Follow through with that, and you'll end up with him. Though - quick warning - you can't open a relationship with him if you're already in one with someone else. If you go meet him on the citadel while in a relationship with someone else, the conversation won't lead to a romance.

As for my thoughts on the game - great. It was made really well, was glad about a lot of the changes made from 2->3. A lot of the choices weren't clear cut, and I actually stopped for a while on a couple of them (something I don't do in BioWare games at all).

However, I do have to say the ending wasn't to my taste, and if you want to know why I'll spoiler tag it so you don't accidentally figure out more than you want to:

I really felt kinda like my choices in the past 2 games were completely invalidated. Nothing was followed up on. I don't know how the Galaxy turned out, or what happened to the rest of my team at all. All I know is what happened to Shepard, and how I presumably saved everyone. (And note: This is with the perfect ending on a new game +) So yeah. Kinda disappointed here. The game should have had an epilogue for each ending a la Dragon Age 1. For being the end of an epic trilogy, I wished I would have seen how all my choices effected the final result of the galaxy, and my crew. Whether Shep lives or dies, I just want to know just how much he/she made an impact, instead of the artsy "new world" open ended ending they obviously went for. Felt a lot like a cop out. However, I will say I almost prefer the Shepard dies endings. I feel that's the only proper way for it to have ended.

And in leaving, I impart with you a picture of my shepard:
Thanks for the little guide to romancing Kaidan. Once you finish the game is it like done, finished forever? Like you have to start a new game+ at that point if you want to keep playing and fooling around the galaxy?

Thanks for the little guide to romancing Kaidan. Once you finish the game is it like done, finished forever? Like you have to start a new game+ at that point if you want to keep playing and fooling around the galaxy?

It's similar to other Bioware games. You finish the game, and it puts you back to right before you decided to leave for the final battle so that you can finish up sidequests and any DLC you get.

It is now 12:01 am on Friday here in Ireland. I pick up my pre order from gamestop at 9 am.

I need to figure out some way to either KO myself for eight hours or pass the time.

It's similar to other Bioware games. You finish the game, and it puts you back to right before you decided to leave for the final battle so that you can finish up sidequests and any DLC you get.
One last thing. I had my date with Kaidan, and he was like "Maybe we can see each other on the Normandy." When will I have my romance scene. I got the "Paramour" achievement but I didn't sleep with him yet...grr.

One last thing. I had my date with Kaidan, and he was like "Maybe we can see each other on the Normandy." When will I have my romance scene. I got the "Paramour" achievement but I didn't sleep with him yet...grr.

As per normal with bioware games: Just before the last battle.

As per normal with bioware games: Just before the last battle.
Thanks! Also, how much "Galactic Readiness Bar" should be filled if I want my squad to survive. I heard that only Joker and two squad mates can survive. Sorry about the bombardment of questions. And did your squad survive? The entire thing? Or just a part?

Thanks! Also, how much "Galactic Readiness Bar" should be filled if I want my squad to survive. I heard that only Joker and two squad mates can survive. Sorry about the bombardment of questions. And did your squad survive? The entire thing? Or just a part?

I'll spoiler this:

It's never really said who survives. Hence my contention with the ending. You get to see 3 squadmates in the end, but it's never really explained if the others lived, or if they all died or if they were even on the normandy at the time anyway. So the only people you will SEE survive are Joker and 2 others. But that doesn't mean the others died, or that they lived. This is the main reason I don't like the ending. They ended a trilogy leaving me with more questions than I had before the ending. And it's not just your squad either. You're left completely in the dark about a LOT of stuff.

After beating it on the new game +, I'm pretty sure everyone lived, shepard included.

I'll spoiler this:

It's never really said who survives. Hence my contention with the ending. You get to see 3 squadmates in the end, but it's never really explained if the others lived, or if they all died or if they were even on the normandy at the time anyway. So the only people you will SEE survive are Joker and 2 others. But that doesn't mean the others died, or that they lived. This is the main reason I don't like the ending. They ended a trilogy leaving me with more questions than I had before the ending. And it's not just your squad either. You're left completely in the dark about a LOT of stuff.

After beating it on the new game +, I'm pretty sure everyone lived, shepard included.
And the questions will be answered with twelve useless DLC packs that each cost ten dollars and explain even less than ME3...

And the questions will be answered with twelve useless DLC packs that each cost ten dollars and explain even less than ME3...

Doubtful - DLC doesn't replace the ending of the game. Rather, when you finish the game, it pretty much rewinds to before you decided to go to the last battle. So all DLC happens before the canon ending.

Unless they release some DLC to specifically replace the ending, which they might do considering everyone is crying about how it ended - though generally not for the reasons I have. :P

But to be honest, even that'd be difficult considering they'd have to get the entire team, voice actors included, to come back to the project for that replacement ending.

Picked it up yesterday, here are my initial impressions:
1) I've had 6 characters from ME1 that carried over to ME2. When trying to carry them over to ME3, only one was eligible. I spent about 45 minutes modding my saves (360) to import correctly into ME3. When I did, all was well. Just a minor speed-bump and I can do it in about 5 minutes now.

2) Plot progression and dialogue seemed rushed. Honestly. ME is generally faster than other RPGs, but it's literally take 3 steps and something major happens. Oh, you've been with this party member for half a mission but you're the best of friends dialogue wise. Who the hell is James and why did I have to play about 2 hours to get a tiny introduction? On that note, why does he idolize me in the intro but is antagonistic 30 minutes later?

3) Combat is... I can't rate it yet. Better than ME1, but I haven't explored it enough to put over ME2. Squadmates don't seem to like my positioning orders much, and the over-reliance on the A button has made plenty of mistakes already.

But it's fun and I want to see where this story is headed... even if the supposed ending sucks.

Back