Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Algol

How the hell do you fight this guy before he reaches ONE HIT K. O POWER?? (ie. FRICKIN GOD CHAIR)

Keeps knocking me down and pressuring me with bubbles. I've had luck often using 8WR, 3B and gang for some decent damage, but as soon as he reaches Level 2 Gauge its like :| well shit

His chair teleports don't bother me that much but I'm wondering if theres an opening in the chair teleports that Leixia can exploit?

If you hit him with a GI'd bubble you can:

66BB CE = 96 Damage
3B CE_3B+K = 79 or 57 damage

The 66BB is for when you're too far away to 3B, so you can run up and do it. Nothing super special, but something to keep in mind. You can also CE CE for 129. The 3B has to land before he starts to crumple. Otherwise 33BB might be the best.

None of our aGI's seem to bounce bubbles... disappointing.

The big bubble KNDs and is harder to time because it's hitbox isn't quite where the model is.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I got 44B+K to bounce one. hard to time and he can get you with the chair trap though so watch out.

Not sure what the bubbles count as.

What's the best option against a blocked 6BBB? I found 88_22K to be the best option. 1B+K also works but it tends to whiff.

What's the best option against a blocked 6BBB? I found 88_22K to be the best option. 1B+K also works but it tends to whiff.
You could probably get some mileage out of 882B/228B or even sidestep into AA. 22_88B+K would be worth looking into as a defensive option. Depends on if the Algol player likes to go in or back off.

And of course, if you duck 6BBB's second hit you get a punish (which isn't always an option).

No one really reads this anymore, but...
1{A} is very good for anyone who has trouble dealing with bubble spam at mid/long range.

Back