Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Hilde

You know, I'm probably alone in this, but this right here is one of my most hated match-ups. I feel like I'm getting constantly zoned out and have to guess right or pray that they C3A and I JG the second hit to make them eat Oki. Anybody have tips on this match-up?

FWIW you can use 4A+B against the second hit of C3A. It's easier to do and gets more damage than using JG.

what moves are giving you problems? I've played the MU a little bit with SBA/Badass99 online. But yeah Hilde backstep and C2A can be a pain for lots of characters.

I've played this matchup too with Samshoking. Come to think of it... I thought I posted some videos from that set in this thread? Here's the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_iI2KUM3Q-qKlSSQNiVEWrMP2WioQ8Lo

You have to kill Hilde's backstep in this matchup. You have to. That is literally the most important thing in this matchup. Because if you don't, she's just gonna be in and out, kicking you from close in, and then immediately retreating and hitting you from afar. Her kick is so dumb that she can even just throw it out over and over to keep you from going in.

Your main tools for killing her backstep are gonna be 66B, 663BB, and my personal favorite, 3B+K. Don't bother sidestepping at your tip range, or even outside it, because C2A has stupid range. 44A might help too if they like to sidestep from afar. You'll also want to be able to JG. It's doable if you can't, but I was lucky to have Samsho fighting me as if I could JG, because he didn't want to get used to people who can't consistently JG. Hilde tech crouches like crazy. Not as much as Pyrrha does, but still a lot. So use highs sparingly.

what moves are giving you problems? I've played the MU a little bit with SBA/Badass99 online. But yeah Hilde backstep and C2A can be a pain for lots of characters.

Yeah, mainly just her back step is killing me right now. I don't whiff anywhere near as much against most characters as I do against Hilde. Also, I tend to freeze up quite a bit because I'm terrified to whiff against the character. Which just grants them more back step opportunity.

I mean if you know the backstep is coming you can do 66BB after most things on block. But one of the things I learned is they usually set up the backstep by committing to attacks at disadvantage. Like Hilde 3K on block into 66K.

Which means, if you're not sure if you should interrupt and risk whiffing, you can use JG after you've blocked something. That way you punish them for buttons and if they backstep or 22B you're safe.

Also be aware that her retreating low stab (4B+K I think...?) is FC 3B punishable on block. What some Hilde players like to do is 2A on block into that low since it jumps backwards and evades most of your options even at point blank.

I started to use A+B and fcA+B to catch backstep inconsistently with the ibtc on fcA+Bg into 2B+K that hits mid and just 66BB once they are insecure about backstep. Lexy is a character that needs to use all her tools to keep the opponent guessing what comes next.

For my personal experience vs Hilde, I like to use WS B BE to come to close range and make her stop to spam her kick.
I think its not really good to use it a lot, but sometime is not bad.

If she use too much backdash I do 66B, 66B, 6K, 66A or 6A+B, it depend of the range and advantage.

When she is at longue range I think we can stop her backdash but a mid/close its easy.

Close range make her backdash or use 2A/AA with Leixia's 2K and always agress her, never use spacing vs hilde.

If I understand good, she have a bad grab punish so use lot.

Very difficult to step vs her, but if she always do antistep she don't do damage if you respect the priority.
I don't see a good move to break a little random crouch gard and I think its possible to use 2A or AA when she come to throw you.

I think we musnt attack her a lot when the RO is at a little range because her two trhows can RO, B is when RO behind her and A BE I don't really understand when but I know you can RO too if the RO is behind her.
Maybe later I tell more, the hilde players are rares, I have a hilde partener but he is not actually really complete so we don't have the best vision of this MU + playing sometime with him keep to me a difficulty to understand her moves ect... really good.

I hope its possible to understand what I said.

Range. Damage. Whiff punishment. etc.
Mostly she pushes out on block a lot and can backdash/44B most of Lex's better frame traps. Even on disadvatange.
3K/66K/66B/C2A to make moving in a pain without fully committing to a 66B or some far reaching move.

Whiff punishes hard as shit... without needing meter. Especially if the player has the loops down. (And it's really easy to get caught whiffing as mentioned above.)

Forces her to play defensive at plus frames... a lot... which makes it that much harder to mount a comeback, lol.

66k doesn't help out? I dunno anything about the MU, honestly. Hilde's pretty good, though. I imagine 22b could give Leixia all kinds of problems too.

Hilde 22B is just a good move period (And why the hell does that move guard break??). I'm sure it gives most people problems. Personally I hate C2A more than 22B, but not in a Ban-it-she's-broken kinda way.

66K? I guess if she mixes up between 66K and 6(6)K. But it doesn't track one side so she's screwed if stepped. 44K does well, so does 44A/66BB, but it's basically all reads at that point where if she's wrong whiff punishment is a real threat.

I've played this matchup a lot against Samshoking. 3K makes it really stupid for Hilde. In most situations you can kill her backstep with 3B, but once she starts abusing 3K, things get miserable. Smasho's kind of obstinate though and never believes a single thing I say, so we did role reversal for one match. He's actually picked up Leixia and plays her well. I knew jack and shit about Hilde, but I was still able to use 3K abuse to make backstep free and shut down a lot of things. It was more effective than it should have been.

I don't have any recent videos of this MU since my save recently got corrupted and I had to restore from an old backup.

Wait guys...what makes hilde's 3K a pain? i fought a decent hilde the other day, it was pretty fun.

Well for one, it's fast and two, it catches step. Not sure how bad it is on JG, but I'm assuming it's not a lot.
But it's not just 3K, it's the fact that you always have to be wary of a backdash or a 44B. So she can spam the move, among her other pokes, to force you to use something really fast and short ranged.

Beware using the second attack of the 66BB series on Hilde, as her 3A / 3[A] can aGI it for a potential 70+ damage.

Yeah her aGI works on a couple strings of hers. B+K and Shoulder are both kinda annoying because of the TC. So running a frame trap game up close has to be done more carefully, too. At least Shoulder is 6KK punishable, and I believe both are launchable on JG.

Starting to think spending some meter on GIs will help a lot, similar to the Viola MU.

i don't know anything about leixia, but coming from the hilde side i'd say watch out for 3A like ryoka said. i'd also say that JGs and grabs are your best friends. hilde just has a rough time with JG since most of her charges (and [A+B]) have similar timings for JG. grabs are just really good against her since she can't break the corresponding grab while charging (ex: if im charging B, i can't break B grabs and vice-versa).

Back