Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Hilde

i don't know anything about leixia, but coming from the hilde side i'd say watch out for 3A like ryoka said. i'd also say that JGs and grabs are your best friends. hilde just has a rough time with JG since most of her charges (and [A+B]) have similar timings for JG. grabs are just really good against her since she can't break the corresponding grab while charging (ex: if im charging B, i can't break B grabs and vice-versa).

Grabs are decent. The problem, though, is getting (and staying) in grab range. Especially on large/infinite stages. Not 100% sure, but I believe she can punish grabs fairly well if she has a C3B charge. (Like duck and release B?) If she can get into grab range, Leixia is fine for the most part. Unless she doesn't get knocked back that is.

3A working on the second attack of Leixia's 66BB series surprised me in particular because it vaguely looks like a stab. 66BbB is practically 3[A]able on reaction hit or block. D:

3A working on the second attack of Leixia's 66BB series surprised me in particular because it vaguely looks like a stab. 66BbB is practically 3[A]able on reaction hit or block. D:
First hit is a stab. 2nd is not. That's why Pat and Pyrrha's aGI works on it.
Feints should be stabs too, imo. But they're not.

I think this might be one of the hardest matchups if not the hardest just because of how Hilde can fight from the other end of the screen so even getting a chance to hit her is a tough ask. C2A is just a great move. She can move out of range, and then time her forays forward to coincide with the 2-second charge. As long as she's mixing up well there's not a great deal you can do about it. But I don't have much experience with the matchup - I was lucky enough to play Kamichang a year ago but he was on a different level altogether.

Her 22B is good, but at least it's slow and steppable. It's a good move but she doesn't need to rely on it. I agree with grab and JG spam being optimal but it is still difficult. The only thing I got is that C3B on JG is 44 [ A ] punishable, or if you're at far range, B+K 6KK or B+K CE will also work instead. But C3B is another move that she doesn't really need to use except for whiff punish really.

Last edited:
44B+K and wiggle aGIs seem like they'd be more useful than usual in this matchup. 22_88B+K would be a good answer to predictable C2As as well. 4A+B could have applications for both C2A and her moderately slow, thrusting verticals (BB 6BB C3B 66B), and the real kicker would be if B+K is classified as a thrust. If you can take away her ability to mash TCs (C2A, B+K) and prod you to death on run-ins (BB 6BB) it opens up a new realm of throw vortex fun.

The obvious downside is that they'd leave you vulnerable to random CEs, but it's worth looking into.

44B+K and wiggle aGIs seem like they'd be more useful than usual in this matchup. 22_88B+K would be a good answer to predictable C2As as well. 4A+B could have applications for both C2A and her moderately slow, thrusting verticals (BB 6BB C3B 66B), and the real kicker would be if B+K is classified as a thrust. If you can take away her ability to mash TCs (C2A, B+K) and prod you to death on run-ins (BB 6BB) it opens up a new realm of throw vortex fun.

The obvious downside is that they'd leave you vulnerable to random CEs, but it's worth looking into.

Ugh, her aGIs...
- 22B+K works the best since it avoids verts and mid horis. 44B+K is aight vs 66K/B+K, and is safer, but you can't react so you're just throwing it out in hopes. Not to mention, you're moving into Hilde Range if she doesn't do anything.

- Reg. GI is way more beneficial in all those situations, imo, because the window is longer and it beats lows. (like that damn 1A...). Only problem, is it burns meter.

Back