Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Natsu

Why Ivy? How's she worse than Mitsu, or Alpha? I'd put her on the same level as an Astaroth. The matchup would be perfectly even if it weren't for one advantage. Ivy wins at mid range, Astaroth wins in damage.

Ivy and Astaroth are two of those "typical Leixia MUs".
Perfectly even, if it wasn't for the damage difference.

Ivy and Astaroth are two of those "typical Leixia MUs".
Perfectly even, if it wasn't for the damage difference.

I don't know if I'd give Ivy much of a damage advantage honestly. Maybe in like block punishment, but overall Ivy's not overwhelmingly damaging. Ivy is just really solid at poking from "Leixia range" to get CH

I don't know if I'd give Ivy much of a damage advantage honestly. Maybe in like block punishment, but overall Ivy's not overwhelmingly damaging. Ivy is just really solid at poking from "Leixia range" to get CH

Of course her pure damage isn't comparable to Asta's, but in the end she has the tools to set her CH-stuff up to inflict damage. Not to mention her throws.

Why Ivy? How's she worse than Mitsu, or Alpha? I'd put her on the same level as an Astaroth. The matchup would be perfectly even if it weren't for one advantage. Ivy wins at mid range, Astaroth wins in damage.
I just have a lot of problem with her TS-TC moves. And she's so good at pressure that's basically safe against Leixia because all of Leixia's quick pokes that can beat out a follow-up from her on block are high and/or vertical.

Mitsurugi is horrible, though. How could I forget about him? And Alpha Patroklos is just Alpha Patroklos. I don't feel like he counters Leixia harder than most other charracters. I just feel like Natsu, Mitsurugi, Ivy and Cervants limit Leixia's playing style itself.

i15 fastest input. And it doesn't have to be fast enough. You use it when you expect her to evade at disadvantage. It catches the side Ivy sidesteps towards.

I just always thought 66K looked slower than i15 and there's the short forward dash, so I assumed it took a few frames to start up. Now I know better.

haha alpha pat, I don't understant this MU, I think its just impossible, maybe I don't understand the character but I think to win Leixia must have luck, and alpha have to miss combos and do mistake, I don't know how it possible to win whitout that...
When Leixia try to take initiative, she risk 1/3 of life or more ( grab punition ), if you garde too much, he's low do the same dammage as your launchers and his throw do the double xD
I think this MU you have not to take it sériously, the must you can do is, often jump A or jump B, JG on 1B:B, aGI with 4A+B all the FC3B:B, and punish it always with the more you can do 41 damage !! xD
this MU its like a circus I think xD

For Mitsu, its not so impossible, you can play it a mid range, do spacing with 2K, 66K, 6KK, AA, BB ( be carful if he always JG BB on the second hit... ), he dont punish really good the low unsafe moves and have to use a lot of hight for his spacing !
But I think its difficult to take the priority against him, because 4B, 44B, 2288B... so you have to alway delay, backdash / step and answer just a some moment with 2K or basics at close range because they beat 4B.

For he's 3B / 3B BE, you can punish all with CE, if he confirme the 3B BE, if he don't, its just a really confirmable unsafe move...so you can punish with 4A+B...

For Ivy, I hate play with her, don't have a lot of versus and don't study the MU but I really hate to play against her, its not like cervy/mitsu ect... but hate ><'

Hey guys,
I don't remember, if this has already been a thing here, but today I was messing around with Leixia against Natsu in training to see what she can do against certain PO-transitions, most notably 4A on hit.

It seems like her best answers to 4A ~ PO pressure is 7B and 3B+KK. Remember, I'm talking about 4A on hit.

7B will hit Natsu during PO A, B, B+K and the BE-teleport and it will evade PO K, Hover A and Hover B. It'll also leave Leixia in perfect whiffpunish-range for any Hover-stuff. But the damage of course is bleh. 8B works too and it'll land on Natsus PO K but it loses to Hover B.

3B+KK (NOT 3B+K) will hit Natsu during PO A, B, B+K, K and the BE-teleport and it will jump under any Hover-stuff. Even if Natsu goes for double BE, Leixia will jump too far for a whiffpunisher. The only thing Natsu can do is a delayed BE to land a normal PO K on Leixia or to play with the fake-Hover-stance.

I hope I didn't miss anything important.

Last edited:
I hope I didn't miss anything important.
A general answer I had to PO is to do WR B (no BE). It follows her if she teleports behind. But it loses to PO A:6 and Hover, and is harder to input than your options.

EDIT: generally I like to just 8wr sideways against Possession* at all ranges, this also turns risk-reward against her nicely.

*EDITEDIT: (not Hover, I meant Possession. Where is strikethrough font can't find)

Last edited:
For Mitsu, its not so impossible, you can play it a mid range, do spacing with 2K, 66K, 6KK, AA, BB ( be carful if he always JG BB on the second hit... ), he dont punish really good the low unsafe moves and have to use a lot of hight for his spacing !
But I think its difficult to take the priority against him, because 4B, 44B, 2288B... so you have to alway delay, backdash / step and answer just a some moment with 2K or basics at close range because they beat 4B.

For he's 3B / 3B BE, you can punish all with CE, if he confirme the 3B BE, if he don't, its just a really confirmable unsafe move...so you can punish with 4A+B...

Rugi Out Damages You, Out Pokes You, And Out Spaces You. Every Thing You Can Do, Rugi Does Better And Looks Better Doing It.

Only Highs For Spacing? Only Highs We Use Are 6A, 4A, And 6B8. We Still Got 3A,22A, 44A, 6B, 6B2, 1B, 1K, 2K, 4K, 3K, 236A/wrA, 22B, And 33B. The Majority Of These Hit Confirmable.

As For His 3B BE; Good Luck Getting A Punish Off Other Than AA. We Can Delay The Shit Outta It Like A Mother Fucker.

Ask TiZ About The Rugi-Lex MU. He Knows.

Also You Are Bad And Havent Been On 8Way For Years.

Hate Hate Hate Hate *continues chanting*

marvelous input onto something that was written almost a year ago, in a thread that isn't about mitsu, to a guy that hasn't been around in months.

we all know mitsu is stronger than leixia, but the guy in no way implied that she is stronger than mitsu, just gave his input on things she can do. granted it is in the wrong thread but w/e. and really some of the stuff you mentioned is wrong too. for instance, 3b leixia can punish that with CE whether he does brave edge or not. using 2k as a spacing move is kinda wonky, and the most egregious of them all, saying he looks better than leixia :|. anyway, I'll let you continue with randomly popping into a thread to not really say anything of value :).

anyway idk if this is known but, natsu 2kk, on hit you can jg the second k then CE punish it.

marvelous input onto something that was written almost a year ago, in a thread that isn't about mitsu, to a guy that hasn't been around in months.

we all know mitsu is stronger than leixia, but the guy in no way implied that she is stronger than mitsu, just gave his input on things she can do. granted it is in the wrong thread but w/e. and really some of the stuff you mentioned is wrong too. for instance, 3b leixia can punish that with CE whether he does brave edge or not. using 2k as a spacing move is kinda wonky, and the most egregious of them all, saying he looks better than leixia :|. anyway, I'll let you continue with randomly popping into a thread to not really say anything of value :).

anyway idk if this is known but, natsu 2kk, on hit you can jg the second k then CE punish it.

HIIIIIIII JEFF

K. Go Beat On IRM More Please... Oh Wait.

Back