Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Natsu

I don't know Natsu's inputs and don't face her alot, here's what i have though.

I found that B+K B can punish her when Natsu does some teleport move, I'll find the input and update later.

Dunno if this helps but...

Was playing around when I discovered that Leixia's CE, if entered fast enough, can punish Natsu's unblockable ninja cannon tech trap.

Hope that helps!

Dunno if this helps but...

Was playing around when I discovered that Leixia's CE, if entered fast enough, can punish Natsu's unblockable ninja cannon tech trap.

Hope that helps!

How does this work exactly? You mean from the floor? I can't get this to work.

How does this work exactly? You mean from the floor? I can't get this to work.

I think he means after hopping it?

Here's an old trick that's worked on Taki for a long time: After the forward roll into air stab (break attack), just use B+K on reaction to the jump upwards, then get a free back throw! I believe the input for it is something like 6B+K, B, B.

Here's an old trick that's worked on Taki for a long time: After the forward roll into air stab (break attack), just use B+K on reaction to the jump upwards, then get a free back throw! I believe the input for it is something like 6B+K, B, B.

Yo, if you GI the dive part (Air GI) you get a free 65 dmg plus an additional grounded followup for almost 90. pretty crazy.

That is what I discovered as well to counter her constant ground bombs.
Are your opponents Special Needs children? Spaced ground bombs will beat the crap out of Crybaby. Do they just run up to you and ground bomb? Or ground bomb you at point blank range?

Spaced ground bombs will beat the crap out of Crybaby. Do they just run up to you and ground bomb? Or ground bomb you at point blank range?

No.... no no. Why would Natsu "space the bomb" when she' trying to go for unblockable relaunches? You can't tech trap with a bomb if you have to backstep first for the space. She has to commit to it right after the KND. So yes. She will be right next to you and then crybaby will interrupt it. If she tries to "space the bomb" you get a free rollback and can get up safely.

No.... no no. Why would Natsu "space the bomb" when she' trying to go for unblockable relaunches? You can't tech trap with a bomb if you have to backstep first for the space. She has to commit to it right after the KND. So yes. She will be right next to you and then crybaby will interrupt it. If she tries to "space the bomb" you get a free rollback and can get up safely.
That's what I was about to say. Too bad I had to test it first to justify it.

Depends on what she knnocks you down with, doesn't it?

I think her 1A thing trades with crybaby (at least that's what I remember the last time I faught a Natsu) so if she knows you're going to do that she can get that hit off of you @_@ Not sure if a good natsu would use that laggy ass low but whatevs.

Natsu's 44K tends to beat Crybaby for its TJ properties. Combine that with bombs then you're literally stuck in limbo.

I think it is, so I guess we're just gonna have to disagree.

I'm voting that it is comfortable, as long as you stuff her 8K(A), Mekki-Maru stupidness, and have good defensive skittles. Natsu will face the most difficulty because of Leixia's safety.

8KA is hit confirmable. 8K by itself is only -4.

she is not safe against natsu.

the list of moves that are punishable is HUGE vs natsu due to her 10 frame punishes. her AA is unsafe for petes sake.

Exactly, one of Leixia's last remaining aces is her safety, but Natsu doesn't care at all.
FC 3B, 3A+B, WS A and even 66K are all -10 which makes even poking dangerous against her. Natsu is not really a character that you want to play against as a Leixia player. At least I don't like it.

Exactly, one of Leixia's last remaining aces is her safety, but Natsu doesn't care at all.
FC 3B, 3A+B, WS A and even 66K are all -10 which makes even poking dangerous against her. Natsu is not really a character that you want to play against as a Leixia player. At least I don't like it.

In theory, yes, but in practice Natsu's i10 A has very short range, meaning you can escape punishment with good spacing.

here comes the theory fighter. so basically by "good spacing" you mean throwing out moves at their max range so they cant be block punished. but open themselves up to counter spacing and being whiff punished with 66B, A+B, 22B.

Back