Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Patroklos

I feel like I'm missing something with dealing with 66B. Can Leixia punish it?

I'm not sure if people already knew this, but 44B+K will GI the second hit of 6BB. You have to start the input immediately after the first hit.

I'm not sure if people already knew this, but 44B+K will GI the second hit of 6BB. You have to start the input immediately after the first hit.
You can also duck the second hit (or step it to Pat's left) for a similar punish. 44B+K might be risky because the entire 6BBB string has a huge delay window for the second and third hits.

The best thing against 6BBB is either
a) duck the 2nd hit and FC3B
b) 1A after the 1st hit which will hit on CH if Pat continues 6BBB. This guarantees CH 1A AA BE 3B

The best thing against 6BBB is either
a) duck the 2nd hit and FC3B
b) 1A after the 1st hit which will hit on CH if Pat continues 6BBB. This guarantees CH 1A AA BE 3B

Actually if Pat does the string without delays, FC 3B whiffs past him... pretty lame.

I was finally able to test this stuff out now that I have power back. You have to time 44B+K based on the delay of 6BB, so it's not the best option.

I think this matchup is very hard for Lei Xia, especially with pat's A+B. rips through all the feint cancels GB traps. Damage difference is great too

I think this matchup is very hard for Lei Xia, especially with pat's A+B. rips through all the feint cancels GB traps. Damage difference is great too

The damage is really the only problem. Honestly, if he didn't have that damage output, I'd say Leixia beats him. I never had too much trouble with A+B personally, but I can see where it might be a pain. Usually 3K and 66K shut it down.

Yeah. But to be more specific, what i mean is, 44[A] traps, 4A+B traps, 66B variations all get A+Bed. I played ruka and kura and omgoodness. And there is this glitch where they can get get 80+ damage off an A+B. funky stuff.

Yeah. But to be more specific, what i mean is, 44[A] traps, 4A+B traps, 66B variations all get A+Bed. I played ruka and kura and omgoodness. And there is this glitch where they can get get 80+ damage off an A+B. funky stuff.

Lol, Leixia's 4A+B is useless vs Pat, I know. And yeah, her feint cancels get beat by it, but they lose to a lot of stuff in general vs a knowing player. I meant that 66K and 3K tend to stop him from trying to A+B her when she's at advantage. She can out poke him for most of the match, but that brings us back to damage.

I never played Kura, but if I get beat by any Pat player, it just feels like I messed up somewhere rather than character. (unlike her other bad matchups.) He wants to get in, so Leixia doesn't have to work as hard to be in range of her better moves.

EDIT: I forgot 66B (1st hit) works ok against it since it's a thrust.

Back